Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server needed for gaming community
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server needed for gaming community

Hey,

I have been an avid reader of LET for a while now, but have only just created an account. I am looking for a dedicated server, or possibly a DVS, with ideally an E3, E5 or older i7 model processor and a minimum of 32gb ram, although more is a bonus.

We are looking for North America based server.

Our budget is fairly high so please suggest your best offer, don't worry about cost.

About us:

We are a large gaming community around the popular game Minecraft, we operate a few medium to large servers with a few hundred players in each. We are looking for a provider that can offer a solid service and that going forward we can expand our business with them.

Comments

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

https://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/ have some i7s at a reasonable price.

I've not used them personally but seen goood things mentioned in the past.

Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • NFOServers have pretty good VDS deals, where both price and reliability are good, and have quite a few locations (check out their website - I think they have a 20% discount code or something right now)
    For dedicated - @MrRadic - ReliableSite has great deals, same as above - good price and reliability, and they also have 3 locations.

• @t0ny0 said:
    NFOServers have pretty good VDS deals, where both price and reliability are good, and have quite a few locations (check out their website - I think they have a 20% discount code or something right now)

They have a few different discount codes going on right now (posted on their forums):

* 10% off any game server: Use coupon code DPRMYH
    * 15% off any VDS/VPS (excluding Windows fees): Use coupon code IZXOEX
    * 20% off new game servers for customers transferring from a competitor: Use coupon code ZYJUFW (make sure to specify the IP:port of the company that you are moving from, and the company name, in the comments)

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited August 2019

Intel Xeon E5-2650L
    32 GB RAM
    512GB NVME SSD
    10TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    2 IPv4
    IPv6
    $79.95/month.
    https://smarthost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=178
    PM - For $10 discount code to get this pricing for NVME same as SSD.

Intel E3-1270
    32GB RAM
    480GB SSD
    10TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    2 IPv4
    IPv6
    $77.95/month.
    https://smarthost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=179

Many other options available, but you really need drill down your specs required and target budget... ;-)

• Honestly, if you want some advice I'd be more then happy to advise you as I myself have ran MC nodded Community for many years before I did hosting.

My personal optnion, go to Reliable site, get there 10g port its great there service is amazing

Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • edited August 2019

@Bopie said:
    Honestly, if you want some advice I'd be more then happy to advise you as I myself have ran MC nodded Community for many years before I did hosting.

My personal optnion, go to Reliable site, get there 10g port its great there service is amazing

Out of curiosity how much bandwidth does a typical MC server use per player on average? What's the sustained transmit like?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2019

@CyberneticTitan said:

@Bopie said:
    Honestly, if you want some advice I'd be more then happy to advise you as I myself have ran MC nodded Community for many years before I did hosting.

Out of curiosity how much bandwidth does a typical MC server use per player on average? What's the sustained transmit like?

Depends what they're doing. Sitting in the same area digging a hole and running around loading chunks is pretty different. Either way unless there's like a 50-100 players online doing things bandwidth shouldn't be a concern. Most of my shared systems use between 250GB - 5TB. There's only a couple that use 5-15TB and they run proxies for servers across multiple systems.

Thanked by 1CyberneticTitan
  • IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

I have an E3-1271v3, 2x1T sas spinny or 1x500GB ssd on hardware raid. 32gb ram. 10T bandwidth on 1Gb port. /29. DDOS protected. $65/m. Seattle, WA.

If you want larger hosts, we have some dual e5-2670v2’s racked (64-512gb ram).

• Saying that @MikeA comes reccomend for Minecraft, very well reviewed and stable

• As for bandwidth I'd say make I used with about 200+ players for about 8 hours a day and a consistent say 30 - 50 all the time my server used as Mike said around the 4-6TB but that was nodded server with multiple worlds

• GM5GM5 Member, Host Rep

We've got a couple of E3-1270v3 machines in stock in Los Angeles. If 240GB SSD does not work for you then we're happy to look into other SSD options. Feel free to reach out and discuss your storage needs.

E3-1270v3  (4 Cores, 8 Threads @ 3.5GHz)  
       32 GB RAM    
       1x 2TB SATA or 240GB SSD.
       /29 IPv4 with 40Gbps of filtering    
       10 TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps - Incoming free.    
       $65/month ($54.17 per month semi-annual and annual terms) 

• @t0ny0 said:
    NFOServers have pretty good VDS deals, where both price and reliability are good, and have quite a few locations (check out their website - I think they have a 20% discount code or something right now)

DDoS, Null route, again DDoS, again null route and community killed.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@dedimark said:
    DDoS, Null route, again DDoS, again null route and community killed.

Bullshit. Next.

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

We can provide you:
    E3-1270v2/E3-1240v3
    32GB DDR3 RAM
    240GB SSD
    1Gbps port 10TB Bandwidth
    100Gbps DDoS Protection
    5 Usable IPs
    $56/Month

Our company is heavily focused in the gaming community (specifically Minecraft).
    We have hosted servers of upwards of 2,000 players.
    If these specs are not ideal, we can possibly build to suite your exact specs.

If interested, please DM me or you can reach me via the channels below.

Email: [email protected]
    Discord: Ian.D#8515