Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Germany,USA,India] - PaaS / Container-as-a-service - Pay for what you consume - Free $50 Credits - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Germany,USA,India] - PaaS / Container-as-a-service - Pay for what you consume - Free $50 Credits

124»

Comments

• @sanvit said:

@yokowasis said:

@sanvit said:

@yokowasis said:

@leapswitch said:

@yokowasis said:

@sanvit said:

@yokowasis said:
    I found out that 1 x 100 (max) cloudlet is worse than 5 x 20 (max) cloudlet.

When using Max 100 cloudlet my apps is not responding when used by a lot of users. Although the max is still not reached (I am talking about 10GHZ++)

It's much more responsive when using multiple web server. Any one can explain why is this the case?

It could be the software you're using is not utilizing the resources properly. It could also be a network/disk io problem

I am using their template (apache) and WordPress. I don't think io is the case because they both using the same storage cloudlet.

Maybe I am not clear enough, 1 cloudlet with 100 vertical scaling, perform much much worse than 5 horizontal scaling and 20 vertical scaling cloudlet.

Is it because one web server is considered 1 core. So when I use it, it's considered as 1 core server with very big clock (E. G. 20 Ghz)?

In Apache we have seen MaxRequestWorkers being hit ( even though we auto tune it based on resources). You can manually edit MaxRequestWorkers ( remove auto configuration mark at the top of the config file) and try it again.

Noted, I might try this in the future in busy month. As of now, mostly my server are idling, from 7AM - 10PM. Gotta save some pennies (9 hour offline / day = saving 270 hour /month).

How many cloudlets is MySQL using when on idle?

I believe it's 4.

Are you using replication of any sort? Mine's going between 3 and 4 after a spike (does goes down to 2 after a reboot), with no users, 1 plugin, 1 post

No. I have maybe about 50 wordpress installation tough. It's idling at 4.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@sanvit said:

I believe it's 4.

Are you using replication of any sort? Mine's going between 3 and 4 after a spike (does goes down to 2 after a reboot), with no users, 1 plugin, 1 post

Replication does use more memory than a single container. You can tweak my.cnf settings to reduce memory usage. ( Disable autoconfiguration at the top )

• @leapswitch is the $50 free credit offer still available?

• Any benchmark for India nodes?

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@shakensoul said:
    @leapswitch is the $50 free credit offer still available?

No, sorry. Please PM me your email address after signup, let me see what best we can do.

@Globepeer said:
    Any benchmark for India nodes?

You can signup for a trial and benchmark. Paid accounts do have higher limits ( IO , Network )

• thank you for your sharing

• I have been using cloudjiffy for about a year now, and have nothing but good things to say about the platform.
    Highly recommended if you have apps/sites that see spikes and demands every now and then.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • twaintwain Member
    edited December 2019

This looks very interesting. I'm going to first play around with Caprover on the quite generous oracle cloud free tier I just found out about, which apparently has 10TB free monthly bandwidth (what!). But may try this at some point too.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • ip expensive