Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install OpenVPN and PPTP on same VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install OpenVPN and PPTP on same VPS

Hi I currently have OpenVPN installed, but I am having trouble finding a guide on how to install both on the same server. I am having ip table issues with both on the same server.

Can someone help.

I am using an OpenVZ VPS with Centos 5 32bit

Comments

• You should not have any problems if install both on the same server I do this on my servers and it work very good

What issues do you have?

• Have you enable tun/tap?

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Have you enable tun/tap?

tun/tap can be enabled in solusvm panel

• Not to get off topic, but you really shouldn't be using PPTP unless you absolutely need it for some older client (that doesn't support modern alternatives such as IPsec, OpenVPN, L2TP, etc). But both can be run at the same time! When I set up pfSense boxes that I then turn around and ship to clients, I generally keep a PPTP tunnel enabled by default. It's easy and quick. I then turn around and configure/test OpenVPN on their environment and then disable PPTP.

• If you need two tunnels, it's best to you run OpenVPN on two interfaces (two instances). But you need to make sure that each adapter has a unique subnet and a unique port.

There's nothing magic to do. Enable TUN/TAP and PPP on the SolusVM/HyperVM/Feathur and follow two tutorials: one for OpenVPN and other for PPTP :)