Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

request kvm vps for personal VPN usage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

request kvm vps for personal VPN usage

i need a kvm vps for my personal VPN usage.
the details like this:
CPU: any
MEM: 512MB+
DISK: 10GM+
Transfer: 100GB/month+
IPV4: 1+
IPV6: better if it have

Price: less than $15/y

i will install a VPN service, base on openvpn source code, to bypass China GFW Censor

Comments

• hello @NVFXwe69G

I don't know about connectivity to China especially with regard to GFW (as you are probably well aware, that can be hit or miss)

for "less than" $15/y you may need to wait about 4 months until black friday/cyber monday sales - then look for flash sales from @VirMach

right now for exactly $15/y you can check with @freerangecloud - they have sometimes offered a 512 MB KVM in Fremont (west coast USA) and also possibly another location in western Canada.

Also might check with https://tinykvm.com - they provide a 256 MB KVM in Quadranet datacenter in Los Angeles for $15 yearly. I believe 256 MB ram should be sufficient for OpenVPN.

Thanked by 2freerangecloud kjl24
  • 512MB RAM, is for the Debian 10, not for OpenVPN

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

NVFXwe69G said: 512MB RAM, is for the Debian 10, not for OpenVPN

Aha. You might have to increase your budget a bit to get more offers - I do sometimes see 512 MB ram kvm for $20/y (bandwagonhost occasionally, buyvm always, @HostDoc maybe - though not all of these are west coast, just bandwagon) ... So far I can't think of any good ones at $15/y other than @freerangecloud - but sure would be interested to find out if there are any more! :smiley:

EDIT2:

Maybe Seattle would work for your purpose as well (or maybe not, I don't know).

Anyway, I think IonSwitch (@IonSwitch_Stan) sometimes has a 512 MB kvm for $17.50 yearly. They are a reliable service in my experience.

EDIT3:

Another option might be services that offer hourly billing - so you just create a VPS when you need it, then delete it when you're done. So total cost over the course of a year could be $15 depending on how much you use it. Services to look at for that have west coast USA locations would include: Vultr, DigitalOcean, Linode, Atlantic.net (these are the bigger companies) and also intoVPS, mivocloud, vmhaus, and cloudcone.

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

As @uptime mentioned we can do a KVM for $15/yr (shoot me a PM for the order link). Following specs:

512MB RAM
    10GB HDD
    1TB monthly transfer
    1x IPv4
    /64 IPv6

We have a looking glass here: http://fmt.lg.freerangecloud.com if you wanted to test connectivity.

Thanked by 3uptime Ouji atherakber
  • edited August 2019
    -----BEGIN SPAM REMOVAL-----
    WW91IGNhbiB0cnkgVW5pdmFIb3N0IFZwcyBzZXJ2
    ZXIgCmh0dHBzOi8vVW5pdmFIb3N0LmNvbVtodHRw
    czovL1VuaXZhSG9zdC5jb21dKGh0dHBzOi8vVW5p
    dmFIb3N0LmNvbSkg
    -----END SPAM REMOVAL-----