Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner alternatives
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner alternatives

ArchieArchie Member

I'm using Hetzner EX42 plan (i7 7700, 64GB ram, 2x4TB), maybe I will switch to SX62(E3-1270 v3, 32GB ram, 4x10TB) in the future, it's very good so far, actually it is so good and I'm afraid I have no backup plan, is there any other provider can be another option

Comments

• Have a nice day ,

You can consider MyLoc as an alternative to Hetzner. However, be sure to select the SSD disk when buying the device HDD discs are running a little slow.

Thanked by 1Archie
  • If their network is good enough for you its near impossible to beat Hetzner. You could pay 2x -3x your current rate somewhere else.

Thanked by 1Archie
  • Another DC of Hetzner for backup. :wink:

Thanked by 2Archie Hetzner_OL
  • @mrclown said:
    Another DC of Hetzner for backup. :wink:

This is not a bad suggestion. Rent another server from them in another datacenter, and this will give you at least geographic diversity, though not network/provider diversity, which is always better. You'll be hard pressed to find better prices than at Hetzner for modern servers with large amounts of storage (over 4-8 TB or so).

I've got an SX62 and can highly recommend it.

If you'd like to branch out to another provider, and only need backup storage, I'd suggest you look at HostHatch's occasional promotional offers for their storage VPS product. With one or two of those, you'll have a cheap and effective backup location.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • pikepike Veteran

@moderncloudhosting said:
    Have a nice day ,

You can consider MyLoc as an alternative to Hetzner.

No, not really. Hetzner is selling cheap services, but that's the only thing both have in common. MyLOC had some pretty bad incidents, stuff that, by design, cannot happen in a Hetzner DC.

• Eurserv is another Germany provider with similar specs and pricing :)

• @pike said:

@moderncloudhosting said:
    Have a nice day ,

You can consider MyLoc as an alternative to Hetzner.

No, not really. Hetzner is selling cheap services, but that's the only thing both have in common. MyLOC had some pretty bad incidents, stuff that, by design, cannot happen in a Hetzner DC.

Have a nice day,

They are now able to offer good price performance devices outside the Subgroup. In addition, they can provide backup solutions with root servers. One of the best features is that you can transfer IP addresses to different servers. Yes, you're right that they're not as big as Hetzner, but they're improving themselves.It may be an alternative, but the final preference will of course be the user.

Thanked by 1pike
  • You all - Have a nice day!

Thanked by 3ITLabs pike Ouji
  • Euserv has a backup server that's competitive with Hetzner but the rest of their stuff, for the most part, is much less attractive. You could look at Worldstream or if it's for pure backups, something like OVH Cloud Archive, or for ultimate control you can colo something with your own hard drives. I have a medium to long term goal of doing something like that myself, though in the US.

• what budget you have?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Hetzner had ugly situations too - but they learned from it and so did MyLoc. Besides I don't understand why people who want to get the cheapest server also and at the same time complain about cheap providers not being perfect.

As for EuServ I know and like them since years but I had not realize that their network seems to be slower than others.

And I'd suggest to look at "everyone knows" again from time to time. Example: there are dedicore VPS out there that are clearly more attractive and cheaper than dedis for some use cases. At the end of the day you'll end up with say 4 cores either way but the dedicore VPS often have considerably better devices and parts. Properly Raided disks are just one example. Well noted, I'm not saying that they always better; what I'm saying is that one should not exclude them from the search.

Thanked by 1Chronic