Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Good But Cheap KVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Good But Cheap KVM

Hello All,

Can anyone guide me where can I get good KVM ?

Unfortunately I have been a victim of Alpharacks, just before it disintegrated; so this time I want to be sure that I dont lose my money.

My requirement are:

1. UPTIME is a must. no downtime at all.
  2. 12 GB RAM
  3. 4 Core CPU
  4. 4 IPv4 Addresses
  5. At least, at least 50mbps throughput.
  6. Data Transfer will be flexible. Will be quite less than 1.5 tb per month.

No special requirements of location.

Please do recommend.

Regards,

Comments

• @uptime included as it's a must.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @kanuns said:
    Hello All,

Can anyone guide me where can I get good KVM ?

Unfortunately I have been a victim of Alpharacks, just before it disintegrated; so this time I want to be sure that I dont lose my money.

My requirement are:

1. UPTIME is a must. no downtime at all.
    2. 12 GB RAM
    3. 4 Core CPU
    4. 4 IPv4 Addresses
    5. At least, at least 50mbps throughput.
    6. Data Transfer will be flexible. Will be quite less than 1.5 tb per month.

No special requirements of location.

Please do recommend.

Regards,

Oh I forgot the Space:

120 GB Disk space

• ehabehab Member

4 🍆 ip's and those specs ... get a dedicated.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

Do you have a budget in mind?

• Hi we have this plan available in New York City!

3 vCPU @3.6Ghz + CPU
    12GB Ram
    150GB SSD Space
    4gbps 20TB Bandwidth
    1 IPV4
    /64 IPV6
    Linux Operating System
    KVM Virtualization

$15.01/m
    Per extra IP - $1.50/m
    We will also add the extra vCore free of charge!
    https://my.stockservers.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=81

To get the custom config, open a ticket with the support department mentioning your LET username, and we will get the custom config setup for you :-)

Thanked by 1georgedatacenter
  • HostDoc Special Kansas Pool:
    12vCPU (25% dedicated, so basically 3 dedicated threads)
    12GB RAM
    120GB SSD
    2 IPv4, 12x /64 IPv6
    Unmetered BW at 1Gbps (single homed Cogent I believe, might be wrong)
    Just under 10 USD per month, paid yearly. Don't know whether additional IPv4s are available.

Badger @HostDoc if you want.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

https://drserver.net/vps.php

KVM-L and we can do massive discount and fill your IP requirements.

KVM-L
    4 CPU Cores
    16384 MB RAM
    360 GB SSD Disk
    4096 GB Bandwidth
    20 USD with 1 IPv4
    30 USD with 4 IPv4

Dual power feeds and dual network feeds to suit your uptime requirements
    Full Juniper network with high end bandwidth mix: Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, GTT, Telia, Equinix Peering, DECIX Peering, Private Peering

Thanked by 3uptime imok vimalware
  • First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

https://www.first-root.com/server/vps/kvm-power-edition/#fndtn-panel-ultra Dual PSU and dual Network on each node, in business since 2011.

• kanuns said: no downtime at all.

That seems not possible, unless you do cluster or something.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

sorry, was taking a nap ... what's going on? :smiley:

I see some good offers directly from providers in this thread already.

there was another recent thread with more suggestions and possibly useful discussion https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159472/looking-for-kvm-providers-of-high-system-uptime

Might be helpful for @kanuns to clarify a bit about their expectations for uptime - given their experience with alpharacks, I can see how they'd be prioritizing reliability. I'm guessing they're not looking for a high-availability / redundant failover (etc) setup though. (Or if they are, then should spell that out a bit more.)

another good, reliable option for high RAM KVM is wishosting (@exception0x876)

(for example - https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=7)

would also recommend checking with @freerangecloud and ExtraVM (@MikeA)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@georgedatacenter said:

It’s LET and the OP is used to be Alphacrack customer so I personally don’t expect budget more than $7 :smiley:

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

lol

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@WebProject said:

@georgedatacenter said:

It’s LET and the OP is used to be Alphacrack customer so I personally don’t expect budget more than $7 :smiley:

Haha

• @WebProject said:

@georgedatacenter said:

No, its not like that. It was just a start and had a bad experience. Will pay if I get good service.

• @StockServers said:
    Hi we have this plan available in New York City!

3 vCPU @3.6Ghz + CPU
    12GB Ram
    150GB SSD Space
    4gbps 20TB Bandwidth
    1 IPV4
    /64 IPV6
    Linux Operating System
    KVM Virtualization

$15.01/m
    Per extra IP - $1.50/m
    We will also add the extra vCore free of charge!
    https://my.stockservers.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=81

To get the custom config, open a ticket with the support department mentioning your LET username, and we will get the custom config setup for you :-)

Will that be scale-able means in future if I need more RAM etc ? Let me ad some more confusion, I want to install Mikrotik RouterOS ? Possible?

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

Hello @serverhunter - you know I appreciate your site as a potential source of superior potassium ...

Please do be aware that OP is asking for reliable hosts after having hopefully learned something about the bottom pf the barrel from alpharacks.

I would just suggest maybe adding "be sure to check reviews" to the "here you go" comment :)

Also - the "filter for IPv6" may be an especially useful trick in this particular scenario ... (maybe add an exception for @VirMach and wishosting and ... a few others - it could be a neat option)

@kanuns the serverhunter search can be a great place to start - but ... um, "be sure to check reviews"

One more thing to consider in your request is the (apparently quite reasonable) 50 mbit "throughput" ... While you don't indicate any preference for location, a good question to clarify is: throughput to where?

@AnthonySmith said:
    lol

... reminding me that InceptionHosting is also quite reliable and affordable. And would you believe that @AnthonySmith has been in business as a funny guy for over 39 years now? :smiley:

Thanked by 1ServerHunter
  • @kanuns I know that their is a conversation in DM;s but id like to publicly put this information as well, You can scale indeed, there currently is publicly available up to 16GB along with 200GB disk space with a 10G port, We can also offer custom offers to people so if you want do add only say disk space this is possible.

We are currently working on integrating all this into the billing area so that upgrades are easy, Our server's in New York are E5 CPU's with minimum of 128GB ram so we would have no problem upgrading.

From reading the requirements for Mikrotik RouterOS I cant see any reason why you couldn't run it and also all our nodes in NY have Nested Virt enabled.

Additional IP's can be had for $1.50/m as mentioned previously but again an offer was made privatley to you and we can also offer discounts on bigger blocks if justified.

Last thing, As for Uptime we do have a SLA of 99.9% and we do offer credit on downtime as listed in our TOS.

• MPGMPG Member

So far have been pleased with service of Wishosting. Very responsive to install and the couple of tickets I had opened. Good service, great price and an established vendor.

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

uptime said: Hello @serverhunter - you know I appreciate your site as a potential source of superior potassium ...

Please do be aware that OP is asking for reliable hosts after having hopefully learned something about the bottom pf the barrel from alpharacks.

I would just suggest maybe adding "be sure to check reviews" to the "here you go" comment

Most providers I saw on the search are the established ones (Contabo, Netcup, OVH), but maybe this search would be better: https://www.serverhunter.com/?search=924-355-039.

I've added the provider domain age as a column, this would make it easier to distinguish the newer hosts from the more established ones. :)

Thanked by 2Avoro uptime
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2019

I could do this for $20/mo. in Fremont, Ashburn or Winnipeg:

RAM: 12GB
    Disk: 120GB HDD
    CPU: 4 cores
    Transfer: 10TB
    IPv4: x4
    IPv6: /64

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

@ServerHunter said: [...]

thanks, really appreciate the thoughtful response ... indeed most of the results from both searches do seem legit (and then there's that one site without a valid ssl cert) - so I was a bit quick to comment as I did.

Anyway ... just giving the OP the old "caveat emptor" heads up - given their quest to extricate themselves from the bottom of the barrel this time around.

Thinking ... maybe a pointer to a "serverhunter hacks" page with some quick filters that might help people looking for some quality metric (and maybe also some tips referencing the conventional LET wisdom - how to avoid summerhosts & deadpool candidates).

I know that's a challenging thing to get right - and your focus is as it should be: getting accurate info and making it easily available through your excellent interface. So just mentioning as a suggestion - might make a good blog post or whatever "value added" angle if you're raising awareness about your service.

Thanked by 1ServerHunter
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

https://hostslick.com/cloud

We got some offer with 12GB RAM in NL.
    $30/mo - 12GB RAM - 180GB SSD - 2,5TB BW.
    Can give you the IPs for Free if you PM Me.

• @uptime said:

@ServerHunter said: [...]

Thinking ... maybe a pointer to a "serverhunter hacks" page with some quick filters that might help people looking for some quality metric...

Or serverhunter premium.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • premhunter