Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi VAT Removal?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi VAT Removal?

halfushalfus Member

Hi,

I do not live in Europe. Does anyone know the correct procedure for removing VAT and how long it takes for VAT removal for kimsufi?

Their forum posts has been over 3 years old, and upon submitting through their contact page, you do not get any acknowledgement of any sorts.

Opening support tickets is futile as it magically gets deleted without any reasons or instructions.

Comments

• Kimsufi/Soyoustart, they have one of the worst customer services in my experience.
    Try calling them on the phone.

• Maybe you have already stumbled upon them, but Kimsufi/SoYouStart have regional websites that have the appropriate currency and taxing.

• Takes 3 weeks to 2 months easily but I heard you could just update via support ticket to refer to OVH in Kimsufi and SYS. That could be done.

So try to verify in your main OVH first.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited August 2019

@halfus Just register at one of their international websites, E.g. www.kimsufi.com/us/en/. KS/SYS/OVH maintains separate entries for each geography, thus a customer can keep a record at us.kimsufi.com/manager/ (without VAT) and another at www.kimsufi.com/fr/manager/ (with VAT).

• @TerensM said:
    Kimsufi/Soyoustart, they have one of the worst customer services in my experience.

I can't find any phone number on their site.

@mrclown said:
    Takes 3 weeks to 2 months easily but I heard you could just update via support ticket to refer to OVH in Kimsufi and SYS. That could be done.

So try to verify in your main OVH first.

Thanks. As I do have a OVH account with VAT removed, I just tried your suggestion. Seems like my support ticket just got deleted again.

@ITLabs said:
    @halfus Just register at one of their international websites, E.g. www.kimsufi.com/us/en/. KS/SYS/OVH maintains separate entries for each geography, thus a customer can keep a record at us.kimsufi.com/manager/ (without VAT) and another at www.kimsufi.com/fr/manager/ (with VAT).

Thanks, but without VAT, currency exchange makes euros more favorable.

• Don't know much about Kimsufi but using SYS(which is kinda similar), I had tax issues but then selecting countries by making changes in the URL at the end of the domain, you can select it. To proceed internationally, which doesn't include VAT while ordering, you can use "/us" at the end. This actually worked for me at SYS.
    When I tried with Kimsufi, by using the below-mentioned URL, I was able to get out of the taxation(as I'm not living in Europe).
    https://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/index.xml

• LeviLevi Member

@TerensM said:
    Kimsufi/Soyoustart, they have one of the worst customer services in my experience.

Try hostsolutuons.ro and you will reconsider on kimsufi ;)

Thanked by 1MrPsycho
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@halfus said:
    Hi,

I do not live in Europe. Does anyone know the correct procedure for removing VAT and how long it takes for VAT removal for kimsufi?

Their forum posts has been over 3 years old, and upon submitting through their contact page, you do not get any acknowledgement of any sorts.

Opening support tickets is futile as it magically gets deleted without any reasons or instructions.

If you are not from EU then the VAT will automatically removed when you pay.
    But sometime the VAT doesn't remove automatically (I have encountered once with similar issue)

I open a ticket and call them at the same time. Because tickets reply takes too much time.
    The phone support is really great for me..
    So can try that too..

You can find the phone number on OVH website (OVH.com and not from kimsufi)

Try to call them between Monday-Friday on their office hours (Otherwise they may say that billing team only available on office hours) :wink:

I have fixed my issue that way.. You can try this

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2019

Try sending E-Mail to [email protected]. You need to follow what they say on that forum you linked:

• Private individuals outside the European Union:
      Send us a copy of your ID card or passport + proof of address ( of less than 3 months) : copy of a utility bill (gas, electric, phone, etc.), Bank statement or Official correspondence. The bill should include your name and address as it appears on your KS account

Also won't hurt to include the OVH NIC handle (login) that you have with them.

Last time I needed this in 2016, it took just 1 day.

• sinsin Member

Kimsufi automatically removed VAT for me when I went to pay but SYS didn't so after ordering from SYS I sent an e-mail to their validation e-mail with my ID and a recent bill with my address on it and about a week or so later I got a reply back confirming they removed VAT and they also sent me a Paypal refund for the VAT I had already paid for.