Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS/Cloud 10Gbps for streaming
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS/Cloud 10Gbps for streaming

Hi,
I'm looking for VPS in EU with at least 10 Gbps port and 40 TB traffic.
Parameters:
Minimum: 6 cores
Minimum: 16 GB RAM
SSD drive 100 GB
Budget: 200-300 USD/EUR

Comments

• If East Coast US works for you - you can achieve that with @MrRadic ReliableSite NY dedicated server for likely under $100

Thanked by 2MrRadic ViridWeb
  • Hetzner Cloud will definitely be under 100 USD, even if you get a dedicated core VPS with more specs. Of course, if you need maximum bandwidth, there are much cheaper options.

• Hetzner cloud is "only" 1 Gb. I have asked them for 10 Gb and its not possible. Greencloudvps can offer such bandwidth but they don't accept streaming. I can pay more for dedicated 10 Gb with traffic limit.

• I'm curious about the use case. Can you mention where you are streaming from? (here or pm)

• @someSguy said:
    I'm curious about the use case. Can you mention where you are streaming from? (here or pm)

There is no use case ..... yet. He just wants a 10gig pipeline to stream his stuff.

Well I can think of one use case, but if he is doing that he would be pretty stupid, and once the provider finds out he is done and so is his data.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@SeT80 said:
    Hi,
    Parameters:
    SSD drive 100 GB

Intel Xeon E3 1650 V3 - $74/mo (https://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/6-core-server/intel-xeon-e5-1650-v3)
    150 TB Bandwidth Included
    128 GB SSD (+$8/mo)
    10 Gbps Dedicated/Unshared Port (+$19/m)
    Total: $101/mo + Free Setup

• It's a live stream from an internet TV. Mainly political subjects, nothing illegal, i have all the copyrights. There will be Nginx running on the server.

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited August 2019

Hetzner + 10Gbps (39 EUR) + Pay 20 TB extra more for 20EUR (1 EUR per TB)

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@SeT80 said:
    It's a live stream from an internet TV. Mainly political subjects, nothing illegal, i have all the copyrights. There will be Nginx running on the server.

As long as there's nothing illegal and you hold all the copyrights, no problem here.

• Sorry copy write is not the only thing needed for this type of thing. Go ahead and if it takes off you will find out soon enough.

• @SeT80 said:
    Hi,
    Parameters:
    SSD drive 100 GB

I can offer you a dedicated at this price and configuration in Europe.
    Send me a message.

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep

If you indeed hold the rights and are not doing anything illegal, I will be happy to help you with pricing for our streaming service. It will fit your budget: https://www.pushrcdn.com/hls-live-streaming-cdn.html

• Hetzner Cloud had 10gbps port in the past (people tested it) but they no longer seem to advertise that. I wonder what happened, heh. That was the speed of the local uplink and getting anywhere near that to the internet may have been problematic.

worldstream.nl has unmetered 10gbit available but if you want the full port speed as internet uplink, it's 999 euro/m.

Can @clouvider help?

You can get a 10gbit network card for a Hetzner dedi (the card itself is not too expensive) but I don't know what happens in terms of traffic billing, actual upload speed, etc.

I do have to wonder about the combination of 10gbit bandwidth and 40tb traffic. At 10 gbit you'll use up 40tb in less than 12 hours.

Maybe you want a bunch of smaller servers and an icecast network. That is pretty easy to set up. It adds a little more latency but gives you unlimited fan-out.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Looks like if Hetzner does provide the card it's limited to 20tb. If you scroll a little down you'll see this message "** inclusive monthly traffic for servers 10G uplink is 20TB. There is no bandwidth limitation. Overusage will be charged with € 1/TB."

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Root_Server_Hardware/en

• pikepike Veteran
    edited August 2019

Hetzner asks 46,41€/m for the 10G dedicated uplink with 20TB traffic included (only upload is measured). Each additional TB costs 1,19€ so 23,80€/20TB.

You could get an AX60-SSD with AMD Ryzen 7 1700X or EX52-NVMe with Intel® Core™ i7-8700, both with 64GB RAM, 2x500GB Sata SSD or 2x 1TB NVMe SSD for 59€/m and 60€ or 120€ set-up.

If you sum this up you pay arround 129,21€/m + up to 120€ for setup.

• @mrclown said:
    Hetzner + 10Gbps (39 EUR) + Pay 20 TB extra more for 20EUR (1 EUR per TB)

This. Just buy any random server from Hetzner and buy the 10Gbps addon and pay for additional bandwidth and you'll get full dedi with 10Gbps for under 100€

You can even buy multiple ones with that budget from Hetzner.

• pikepike Veteran

@stefeman said:
    Just buy any random server from Hetzner and buy the 10Gbps addon and pay for additional bandwidth and you'll get full dedi with 10Gbps for under 100€

Keep in mind it isnt available for all server ranges and datacenters.

• @pike said:

@stefeman said:
    Just buy any random server from Hetzner and buy the 10Gbps addon and pay for additional bandwidth and you'll get full dedi with 10Gbps for under 100€

Keep in mind it isnt available for all server ranges and datacenters.

Its not for auction servers. You need to buy EX,AX,SX or some other range server though.

Its available for Finland and Germany.

• pikepike Veteran

@stefeman
    As per their wiki

Only available for DX-line (only at location NBG1), PX-line, AX60-SSD, AX160-NVMe/-SSD, SX62/132/292 and EX-line (only at location FSN1 and HEL1). Firewall- and vswitch-feature is not available.

So you need to ask them to set up your server in NBG1/FSN1/HEL1.

Thanked by 1stefeman