Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pfsense capable VM close to Italy (FR,DE are ok, open to different options), single home user usage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

pfsense capable VM close to Italy (FR,DE are ok, open to different options), single home user usage

so very little cpu/mem/disk requirement, what I do require is a Gbit port (shared is ok) and good network uptime/performance and support for pfsense, AES-NI (kvm? am I correct assuming kvm will make the virtual cpu support it?) or at the very least custom iso.

I would prefer to buy one/three months initially and then pay upfront for a year.

budget is low but requirements are too.

Comments

• Perhaps try arubacloud - they cover Italy

• @t0ny0 said:
    Perhaps try arubacloud - they cover Italy

do they support custom iso?
    proximity to Italy is not the main concern here, support for pfsense/custom iso and AES-NI is the most important thing, cost is a close second

from the pfsense documentation:

Installing pfSense Over an Existing FreeBSD Installation

Installing the entire distribution as its own independent operating system is required at this time. The pfSense® distribution is a customized version of FreeBSD, with a custom kernel configuration, several kernel patches, and a number of additional software packages, amongst other customizations.

• @dada216 said:

@t0ny0 said:
    Perhaps try arubacloud - they cover Italy

do they support custom iso?
    proximity to Italy is not the main concern here, support for pfsense/custom iso and AES-NI is the most important thing, cost is a close second

from the pfsense documentation:

Installing pfSense Over an Existing FreeBSD Installation

Installing the entire distribution as its own independent operating system is required at this time. The pfSense® distribution is a customized version of FreeBSD, with a custom kernel configuration, several kernel patches, and a number of additional software packages, amongst other customizations.

Looks like you can, yes:
    https://kb.arubacloud.com/en/computing/managing-a-cloud-server/connecting-a-virtual-cd-dvd.aspx

• Arubacloud have PFsense latest image AFAIK atleast for PRO they do.

But I would suggest you to go with https://www.hetzner.com/cloud they have what you want.

• @simonindia said:
    Arubacloud have PFsense latest image AFAIK atleast for PRO they do.

But I would suggest you to go with https://www.hetzner.com/cloud they have what you want.

I am a bit confused here now, do they do it for the cloud instances as well (cx11) or only for the dedi /colocation via the robot interface?

I already have an account with hetzner and i do use their VPS, but no dedi, and I can't see any option to load a custom iso there.

• I don't know haven't checked them but I assumed they would.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@dada216

AES with hardware support is available in almost any intel or AMD processor of at least the past decade, so that isn't the problem. But not every KVM config does provide it so be sure to look/ask for it. Most providers' KVMs though seem to provide it.

Thanked by 1dada216
  • HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

I can offer in Germany for 1€ / month (you had to charge at least 5€) the following:

1 vCore (AES available)
    512 MB DDR3
    15 GB HDD
    GBit/s
    Traffic fair use (at least 2 TB)

If someone like to order please contact me. We are working on a public site to order, but currently it's only possible with an account in our panel.

• ehabehab Member

++GameTownProjects;

Thanked by 1dada216
  • hi you can try our free trial vps on i9 core 9900k nodes
    Worldwide VPS NVME 2G
    2GB DDR4 RAM
    2xIntel® Core™ i9-9900K @ 5GHz
    25GB NVME RAID 10
    2TB Traffic on 1Gbps
    1 IPv4 or Ipv6/48
    KVM

• @DignusData said: