Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BACKUP SERVER/SERVICES
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BACKUP SERVER/SERVICES

Hello,
I am looking for a server where I can backup my VPS!
Like r1soft or something that would backup my VPS automatically everyday!

Comments

• Need more info, like budget, specs, uplink, bandwidth, etc.

• I am not sure about the specs of backup server! But I want to backups 200GB!
    My current server have 1gbps port so backup server should be fast too!
    I would go for any reasonable offer and service!

• lowendstorage.win

Feels like a good place to check offers.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited August 2019

You could try borgbackup + borgbase, or script your own solution (rclone etc) and:

• BuyVM slice + 256GB slab @ $4.75/m
    • HostHatch 250GB storage VPS @ $5.00/m

It would be useful to know the geoloc of your server.

Thanked by 2DarkCarnage cazrz
  • XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@xuhaibkhan said:
    Hello,
    I am looking for a server where I can backup my VPS!
    Like r1soft or something that would backup my VPS automatically everyday!

We offer Both. Please visit https://www.xinix.us

• use tarsnap if you don't want to maintain a backup server https://www.tarsnap.com/

• Can you please write the entire post in all-caps and not just the title.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • rsync_dot_netrsync_dot_net Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

@xuhaibkhan : All of the tools mentioned so far (rclone, borg, restic, etc.) work perfectly at rsync.net.

In addition, the rsync.net platform is stock/standard OpenSSH (with your own .ssh/authorized_keys file that you control) so regardless of what tool you use, you can always grab things with SFTP / filezilla / winSCP / pscp.exe.

I am personally most excited about the rclone support that we built into the platform - you can really do anything with an rsync.net account now - even broker two third party cloud accounts back and forth with ssh commands.

However, for ease of use and flexibility, the king of our use-cases is still: do a "dumb" 1:1 rsync to us and let our ZFS snapshots handle the retention/rotation.

Happy to answer any questions in this thread.

• ulayerulayer Member, Host Rep

These are really nice when they're in stock. https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/server-storage/

You can use one of the stock monitoring sites for OVH/SoYouStart out there to have it notify you when they are in stock. We use them with Borg Backup to backup our VMs.

• @ulayer said:
    These are really nice when they're in stock. https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/server-storage/

You can use one of the stock monitoring sites for OVH/SoYouStart out there to have it notify you when they are in stock. We use them with Borg Backup to backup our VMs.

+1. Less than $3/TB + unmetered bandwidth @ 250Mbps is a killer deal.

Haven't been in stock for awhile unfortunately. Does anyone know if they're officially being phased out?

• Hi

I can offer a backup solution build on Veeam. Backup space is 200GB. First time will take a little bit longer and daily the backup will be fast. Veeam creates daily incremental backup. Also deduplicates the backup. You can check here: https://www.host-expert.eu/cloud-backup/full-incremental-server-backup-every-day-with-200gb-with-veeam-96615.html

• rsync_dot_netrsync_dot_net Member, Host Rep

@ulayer said:
    These are really nice when they're in stock.

Forgive me - I don't understand this ...

When a provider is "out of stock" I think it must mean they ran out of disk capacity or compute capacity and are waiting to install more ... but as I see it being discussed here it seems like something else ...

Do they have normal, higher priced plans that are always "in stock" and they only offer these discounted plans when they have excess capacity they want to burn ?

It seems odd to me that a service provider would just "run out" so I think I must be missing something here ...

• @rsync_dot_net said:

@ulayer said:
    These are really nice when they're in stock.

Forgive me - I don't understand this ...

When a provider is "out of stock" I think it must mean they ran out of disk capacity or compute capacity and are waiting to install more ... but as I see it being discussed here it seems like something else ...

Do they have normal, higher priced plans that are always "in stock" and they only offer these discounted plans when they have excess capacity they want to burn ?

It seems odd to me that a service provider would just "run out" so I think I must be missing something here ...

I presume they don't bother adding more of those ARM storage servers so the only time they go back "in-stock" is if people cancel.

Thanked by 1rsync_dot_net