Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to cancel a DatabaseByDesign server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to cancel a DatabaseByDesign server

Hello,

I've snatched one of the freedom day specials from @DatabaseByDesignLLC, but have no further use for it. As such, I'd like to cancel it.

In the control panel there's no option for it. Submitting a ticket about it yields no reply in 7 days time.

Using the /clientarea.php?action=cancel&id=xyz trick yields nothing either.

Am I just supposed to not pay for the next month, or does anyone have any other suggestions on how to cancel the damn thing?

Comments

• I have had a service there for over 2 years that they said they would cancel. The machine does not work, nor did it ever work correctly. I have been sending tickets and calling and it does no good.

I have been asking for a partial refund as well and still nothing. If you get a reply, I do believe you will be lucky.

Thanked by 1teamacc
  • @AuroraZ said:
    I have had a service there for over 2 years that they said they would cancel. The machine does not work, nor did it ever work correctly. I have been sending tickets and calling and it does no good.

I have been asking for a partial refund as well and still nothing. If you get a reply, I do believe you will be lucky.

I took a screenshot of the ticket I sent on the 26th of last month and intend not to pay the next invoice. I am convinced that should be enough to get them off my back if they ever want to get this to some collection agency.

• @teamacc said:

@AuroraZ said:
    I have had a service there for over 2 years that they said they would cancel. The machine does not work, nor did it ever work correctly. I have been sending tickets and calling and it does no good.

I took a screenshot of the ticket I sent on the 26th of last month and intend not to pay the next invoice. I am convinced that should be enough to get them off my back if they ever want to get this to some collection agency.

It should be enough, as far as I concerned I will call it loss. it is not worth the time or effort anymore.

Thanked by 1teamacc
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

A few of us have working, active servers that we've cancelled via ticket and stopped paying for. One of mine has been "cancelled" since January... I still have IPMI access to it. @Harambe also has a working server that was "cancelled" over a year ago.

I've bumped my cancel ticket a couple times, no reply. So I just stopped worrying about it.

• @MasonR said:
    A few of us have working, active servers that we've cancelled via ticket and stopped paying for. One of mine has been "cancelled" since January... I still have IPMI access to it. @Harambe also has a working server that was "cancelled" over a year ago.

I've bumped my cancel ticket a couple times, no reply. So I just stopped worrying about it.

Maybe support is more expensive than the server itself :P

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@MasonR said:

Still waiting for FreeDeadpoolVM, you never know when it hits you.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • You can't :smiley: I cancelled mine more than a year ago and still have IPMI access like Mason.

Although, I did have a bad sector issue with the drive a couple weeks after the server was first delivered. Total time from raising ticket to replacement drive was about an hour. So they definitely read tickets and have support staff.

• We are here to help

We've got your back 24x7x365. Our helpful and always ready experts are a click or call away. Anytime. Anywhere.

(866) 488-7770

What happens when you call ?

• @donli said:

We are here to help

We've got your back 24x7x365. Our helpful and always ready experts are a click or call away. Anytime. Anywhere.

(866) 488-7770

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@saibal said:
    Although, I did have a bad sector issue with the drive a couple weeks after the server was first delivered. Total time from raising ticket to replacement drive was about an hour. So they definitely read tickets and have support staff.

Yep, they are definitely on top of critical issues. Had a power fault issue with one of my servers in the past and they had it fixed and powered back up within 30 min of opening the ticket.

I feel like they just don't have any plans for these servers so just let them idle even after cancelled. They'll probably get around to reclaiming all of them once they prepare a sale of some sort. Interestingly, they did immediately cancel a different server of mine within minutes of submitting the ticket, which was one of the old dual Xeon E-series configs, but maybe it was a power hog or something.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Chuck said:

@donli said:

We are here to help

(866) 488-7770

I leave a message for Scott and he usually emailed me with in a day. Lately leave a message no response.

• L O L,

I mean at least you got yours. They just up and up deleted my account and refunded my order.

• He runs IOFlood... not DatabaseByDesign.

• oops !

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

I opened ticket for cancellation 2years ago. Server was online until last month.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • Allegedly.

I imagine they're all partying like depraved ferrets in Bucharest right now

sniffing perfumed cocainum off @cociu's sister's glistening hindquarters

while giggling hysterically over some twisted joke we'll never even begin to fathom

something about those suckers on LET so diligently bumping their tickets to cancel

a dozen zombie servers in a dark basement, walled off from the real world half a lifetime ago ...

Thanked by 2ITLabs Chuck
  • my server still alive since blackfriday 2016

Thanked by 1cece