Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi flash sale KS3 5,99 €
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi flash sale KS3 5,99 €

serveurs KS-3

Intel Atom N2800
2c/4t @ 1,86GHz
4GB DDR3 1066 MHz
2To

Thanked by 2willie ofit

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, its a okayish replacement for the 2TB ARM.

• edited July 2019

Link? I'm only seeing a 1TB KS-3 on sale at that price.

• cpsdcpsd Member

if they were not so slow ...

• williewillie Member

Yeah and they had the 2x2TB version of this a few months ago (I got one then). It would be great to have one with more cpu.

• vishvish Member

Yah, I’ll pass. I picked up one of online’s 5 euro boxes for 1TB. The gigabit is much more tolerable.

• NihimNihim Member

any idea how does the n2800 compare to the a9? Yes different arch but I don't think it will be like 100% faster?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2019

Nihim said: any idea how does the n2800 compare to the a9? Yes different arch but I don't think it will be like 100% faster?

Yes it might. The SYS ARM gets 205/350 in UnixBench, while the Atom gets 440/870. The latter was before the Meltdown/Spectre patches, but even if it's a quarter slower by now, it's still about 2x faster than the ARM. Or you can disable them (it doesn't matter e.g. on a backup server that only you ever access) and regain full performance.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

OTOH Kimsufi have that sluggish 100 mbps connection. Unlike ARMs A9 and their glorious gigabit.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • NihimNihim Member

@Shot2 said:
    OTOH Kimsufi have that sluggish 100 mbps connection. Unlike ARMs A9 and their glorious gigabit.

True but then again my home connection is 50Mbit so still far from that being any kind of bottleneck for my usage

• NihimNihim Member

Please give up your retractation right to order this product.

anyone knows what this is about? I can't seem to find any tick box regarding that in the order form or in my account.

• ehabehab Member

@Nihim said:

if you have those then you need to hand them over. .. ... immediately ....

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • williewillie Member

Nihim said: anyone knows what this is about? I can't seem to find any tick box regarding that in the order form or in my account.

Where do you see that? I see something on the page saying "Le client consommateur dispose d’un droit de rétractation de 14 jours à compter de la date de commande" i.e. you have the right to cancel the order within 14 days of ordering.

Maybe you forgot to check that you accept the terms and conditions, so they want you to do that?

• NihimNihim Member

I did accept the terms and conditions, I get that after clicking confirm and pay which only becomes clickable if you accept the terms

• Too bad this is not closer to States I would jump on it. Maybe get two and do somethings to stack em up. Get me some storage going.

• @vish said:
    Yah, I’ll pass. I picked up one of online’s 5 euro boxes for 1TB. The gigabit is much more tolerable.

https://www.online.net/en/server-dedicated/start-2-s-sata

This one?

• vishvish Member

@ps20090 said:

@vish said:

https://www.online.net/en/server-dedicated/start-2-s-sata

This one?

yup, works very well. I get a consistent 200-500Mbit with it which is 2-5 times more than the Kimsufi boxes.

vish said: This one?

yup, works very well.

Point is it's only 5 EUR for the first year, and then will be 9.

• rm_ said: Point is it's only 5 EUR for the first year, and then will be 9.

That, and also its 1TB less.. so if someone is for more storage instead 1Gbit, Kimsufis are better.

• vishvish Member

@rm_ said:

vish said: This one?

yup, works very well.

Point is it's only 5 EUR for the first year, and then will be 9.

I think there is a BF right around the corner, no? :smiley:

• rm_ said: Point is it's only 5 EUR for the first year, and then will be 9.

I wouldn't worry about that too much, as long as they've adverted it in advance. 3 months would be annoying but 1 year is long enough to get some use from the server if it's not going to be just another idler.

Fwiw, Scaleway's 3 euro/m ARM dedi is still available and is even slower than the Atom.

• MPGMPG Member

Kimufi is like old friend, dependable. While not the fastest in the world, my experience has been that stuff works as advertised. Why I would give them praise, I had a billing issue, where nost would say pound sand you eat it. They worked with me and were reasonable. That is a big + imo.

• XeiXei Member

Kimsufi doesn't work with the Debian 10 templates btw. Not sure when that will get fixed.

• Don't know about templates but I was able to dist-upgrade from 9 to 10.

• The setup fees kill me every time. I mean you want to sell me something for a price then sell me something. Don't try make me pay you to buy something from you. If you want a setup fee raise the price by a dollar and call it good.

• hzrhzr Member

rm_ said: Point is it's only 5 EUR for the first year, and then will be 9.

It shows 9 for me, is there something I'm missing?

AuroraZ said: If you want a setup fee raise the price by a dollar and call it good.

That would be terrible and kill the deal for much more people than only those who use their servers for 10 months at most before canceling. And I guess it is those long-term customers that OVH would like to have in the first place.

• It looks like the promo is over.

• @AuroraZ said:
    The setup fees kill me every time. I mean you want to sell me something for a price then sell me something. Don't try make me pay you to buy something from you. If you want a setup fee raise the price by a dollar and call it good.

Me too wold hate to setup something just for the client to use it only 1 month. While it's annoying I can see the point of kimsufi, it's dedicated after all.

• In OVH/Kimsufi's case I'd like to hope that the server setup is automated, though there are those ID checks for first-time customers. But, if someone cancels it then it sits collecting no revenue until someone else buys it. So it pays to decrease churn, such as with setup fees.

Thanked by 1vimalware