Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 TB Storage Space
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 TB Storage Space

Location doesn't matter. 1vCPU. 500MB RAM. 1TB Storage Space. 2TB bandwidth.

Comments

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep
  • lowfrontlowfront Member
    edited July 2019

@time4vps said:
    Here

I'm posting here because your kicking me off my "legacy" plans.

• BochiBochi Member
    edited July 2019

@lowfront said:

@time4vps said:
    Here

I'm posting here because your kicking me off my current plans.

Well, if you are happy with the current package, you could renew the service manually to lock you in for another billing cycle. So you could postpone searching for a new service and keep using your proven solution for a bit longer. ;)

/EDIT/
    For reference, I posted the announcement here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/159339/time4vps-legacy-package-deprecation
    "Kicking out" doesn't seem to be a fair term for what they are doing...

• 1 vCore @ 3.2Ghz
    1GB RAM
    3TB Bandwidth @ 1gbps
    1TB HDD
    1 private IP + 1 IPv4
    $5/m
    Order Here
    Dallas, Texas

Thanked by 1logaritse
  • SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited July 2019

KVM LINUX STORAGE VPS - DETAILS
    1TB SAS RAID-6 Disk Space ($5/TB Added...up to 25TB!)
    1GB RAM
    5TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Uplink
    1 CPU Thread
    1 IPv4 Address ($1/Per Additional IPV4)
    1 IPv6 Address (Free Additonal IPv6 upon request, up to /64)
    SolusVM Control Panel
    Fully Customizable Resources
    CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Fedora, & more...or ISO install.

ORDER NOW - Starting at $6.95/monthly

SERVICE LOCATION: Herndon VA or Las Vegas NV. Chicago coming soon.

• lowfrontlowfront Member
    edited July 2019

@Bochi said: "Kicking out" doesn't seem to be a fair term for what they are doing...

Time4vps has always been my favorite VPS company. I Have recommended them to so many people. Then they take my contract of 3 hosts and throw it out the window. Raising my rate after being a long time customer.

• williewillie Member

Wait, wasn't time4vps banned from here? Anyway I just got an email from them saying they were deprecating legacy plans, i.e. they are about to jack up prices on existing users after the end of the billing period (2 year billing in my case). It makes me laugh because those plans were obviously unsustainable when they were first sold a few years ago and they insisted otherwise. So I'm not upset, just amused, I definitely got my money's worth from the plan.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2019

OP seems pissed off. But I've got nearly 4years of 2Eur/TB storage.

It's 2019, you can get some good kvm deals around the 5eur/mo mark, no less. (alphavps in sofia, Bulgaria)

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited July 2019

SmartHost said: SERVICE LOCATION: Herndon VA or Las Vegas NV. Chicago coming soon.

Let me know when you get Chicago, so we can chat.

@willie Yep, Yep, and Yep.

• williewillie Member

Bochi said: you could renew the service manually to lock you in for another billing cycle.

Not according to the email I got.

• BochiBochi Member

@willie said:

Bochi said: you could renew the service manually to lock you in for another billing cycle.

Not according to the email I got.

Could you share a copy of your mail over at the other thread containing the announcement I got? https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/159339/time4vps-legacy-package-deprecation
    Because I just did the manual renew and everything worked as expected.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

willie said: It makes me laugh because those plans were obviously unsustainable when they were first sold a few years ago and they insisted otherwise.

Everybody just keeps counting our business plan and waiting for us to fail. But Time4VPS just keep rolling.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

time4vps said: Everybody just keeps counting our business plan and waiting for us to fail. But Time4VPS just keep rolling.

Then honor your old plans and prices. If they're so lucrative, then why change it?

Many people called the plans unsustainable and that in time the prices would have to get spiked.

Francisco

• williewillie Member

Bochi, you got the same email I did. It didn't say anything about being able to renew, but if you did so, good for you. I have at least a few months left on my plan so it'll be ok if I can't renew by then.

Thanked by 1Bochi
  • Time to pick up a single disk kimsufi i3 for 'just backups' .

• uptimeuptime Member

hello @lowfront ... maybe you could give some indication of which providers you've already looked at for storage? If I'm understanding correctly, there was a similar request you posted not too long ago asking for pretty much the same thing ...?

Also ... I'm still wondering if your concerns about how raid 10 should work ever got resolved? https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158726/virmach-4-hours-of-downtime-to-replace-a-single-drive-in-raid-10/p1

Thanked by 2ITLabs lowfront
  • Hello @uptime right now I'm looking at greencloudvps and alphavps.bg. My previous request was 1TB in Netherlands. This request is any location.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@lowfront - well ... as you probably know alphaVPS.bg is established to be superior potassium and they have really good prices for that quality so that does seem to be a safe and commendable choice.

I'd be interested to learn more about greencloudvps - I see their offer threads on LET sometimes but have not heard much about them

really not much to suggest that hasn't been mentioned already (in previous thread from June, might refer back to that for details.)

Going with @cociu would quite possibly cause you to have an aneurysm from stress and vice versa, so I would not wish that on either of you at whatever price.

On a similar but different note, I believe that HostHatch may be planning another epic storage deal, this time in London - if you can wait for whenever that happens - sometimes it takes longer than expected. And you're probably not going to be seeing necessarily instant turnaround on tickets from @Abdullah and crew, at least not for the super-cheap promotional deals. Since their stuff usually runs fine (actually, superfine) without much need for support that's never been an issue for me. But I would be hesitant to suggest them to anyone who might be especially prone to occasional bouts of PMS. :smiley:

CrownCloud (@SpeedBus) has posted offers with almost the exact specs as in your request, for $7 monthly in Frankfurt (and also Los Angeles), discounted a bit if paying 6 months up front. That's good stuff, highly recommended.

Hetzner and even Kimsufi are generally interesting options for affordable storage but neither seem to be an exact match for your request.

In North America the ones I know about with current storage offers are @SmartHost and @HostDoc ... Might also take a look at Servarica (@Hani) in Canada - since you don't mention needing a Gbit/s port, I think you might be able to get 1.5 TB storage for $7 monthly from their relatively recent offer.

And of course LetBox (@key900 ) and BuyVM (@Francisco) though I'm not sure what the current availability for either of these (otherwise recommended) providers would be at the moment.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

uptime said: CrownCloud (@SpeedBus) has posted offers with almost the exact specs as in your request, for $7 monthly in Frankfurt (and also Los Angeles), discounted a bit if paying 6 months up front. That's good stuff, highly recommended.

Ty for the mention! :smile:

512 MB RAM
    1000 GB HDD
    6 TB bandwidth per month
    2 CPU Cores on Fair Share allocation

$7/month or $35/semi-annually or $70/year

Available at Frankfurt, Germany or Los Angeles, USA,
    1. Los Angeles -> https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=309
    2. Frankfurt - > https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=360

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @HostDoc said:
    1 vCore @ 3.2Ghz
    1GB RAM
    3TB Bandwidth @ 1gbps
    1TB HDD
    1 private IP + 1 IPv4
    $5/m
    Order Here
    Dallas, Texas

is it openvz or kvm ?

• OujiOuji Member

logaritse said: is it openvz or kvm ?

All of Doc's offers are KVM.

Thanked by 2logaritse HostDoc
  • lowendstorage.win

Thanked by 1uptime
  • hzrhzr Member

Bochi said: "Kicking out" doesn't seem to be a fair term for what they are doing...

I had my rent raised 300% with two weeks notice irl before, it most definitely is being kicked out.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • lowfront said: Location doesn't matter. 1vCPU. 500MB RAM. 1TB Storage Space. 2TB bandwidth.

Was thinking about BuyVM, Fran have 256GB-TB block, with unmetered bandwidth. Why not use them?

• @hzr said:

Bochi said: "Kicking out" doesn't seem to be a fair term for what they are doing...

I had my rent raised 300% with two weeks notice irl before, it most definitely is being kicked out.

Where do you live? We have limits that limit how much rent can be increased. It's typically less than 4% in Canada. Sounds like wild west b.s. where you live.

• OujiOuji Member

TimboJones said: Where do you live? We have limits that limit how much rent can be increased. It's typically less than 4% in Canada. Sounds like wild west b.s. where you live.

That's nice. In my country we have an index that it's used for this. The % is taken from the cumulative in the last 12 months, when your contract is due. The funny thing is, if you're lucky, the index might be negative for the cumulative in the last 12 months (don't ask me how) and then they need to decrease your rent. But that value never goes beyond -1%. On the other hand, the other side can go as high as 13%.