Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scaleway free credit scam - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scaleway free credit scam

2»

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up @Jona!

• @deank said:
    Where is the "scam" part?

whoosh

Here are a bunch of trees. Find forest.

• Hello @Jona,

@Jona said:
    Just to inform the community that Scaleway has some shady commercial practices. I signed up with them today July 29, then they offered a $500 free credit to try their services until September 1st upon credit card registration.

I just checked your issue with our technical assistance, and after checking it, I can confirm that the discount to your account has well been applied until the end of August. So you can use our services, during the whole month of August, with your credit of 500 €.

I am sorry for the reply that you got in your ticket. It was a human error as the technician made a mistake about the date.

Again I am very sorry for this misunderstanding. My colleagues will update your ticket and you will receive a direct answer in the ticket very soon.

Cheers,

Benedikt

• Just as I suspected , no 'scam' at all.

Thanked by 1level6
  • RedSoxRedSox Member

@JoeMerit said:
    Just as I suspected , no 'scam' at all.

It depends.

• @bene_online said:
    Hello @Jona,

@Jona said:
    Just to inform the community that Scaleway has some shady commercial practices. I signed up with them today July 29, then they offered a $500 free credit to try their services until September 1st upon credit card registration.

I just checked your issue with our technical assistance, and after checking it, I can confirm that the discount to your account has well been applied until the end of August. So you can use our services, during the whole month of August, with your credit of 500 €.

I am sorry for the reply that you got in your ticket. It was a human error as the technician made a mistake about the date.

Again I am very sorry for this misunderstanding. My colleagues will update your ticket and you will receive a direct answer in the ticket very soon.

Cheers,

Benedikt

But the way the promo (and its notification from email) was worded, it was so misleading. Last night I was about to order C2 and that caught my eyes... well I'm staying away for now. Thanks for clearing that up anyway.

• https://console.scaleway.com/register

Still showing Sep 1st, 2019

€500 credit offered

Available on the entire Scaleway Elements universe until September 1, 2019

• Hello @greattomeetyou,

Yes, this is correct. Each new Scaleway account can use up to €500 worth of services during the month of August until September 1st, 2019.

Let me know if you have any further question :)

Cheers,
    Bene

• JonaJona Member
    edited August 2019

That's an egg or chicken problem: was it scammy marketing then bad advertising like this very post made Scaleway react ? or was it just a human mistake ? I guess we'll never know. Anyway @bene_online I'm glad it's solved, thank you. On a side note, I can tell that 5 operators made it to the support ticket to "solve" it... No comments.

• @Jona, please update your first post to reflect it is resolved. Thanks.

• What do you expect from a company that asks to tip the costumer service beside they do basic configuration mistakes when they have manual things to do ex their arbor ddos. They would be dead without that awesome automation. Their free ddos mitigation sevi is also scam is actually blackholing. Online.net sadly nowadays is just a rich hippie host same for their cloudbrand it seems too.

• If its not free non-expiring credits its a scam!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Waiting for a teen to sue his parents because his genes suck.

• @Jona said:
    Just curious, when someone tells "I'll give you this" then don't give you nothing... how do you call it ?

A LIAR