Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StockServers - KVM - NVMe - SSD - $13/y -SSD - 1Gbps - New Location US/EU - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StockServers - KVM - NVMe - SSD - $13/y -SSD - 1Gbps - New Location US/EU

13»

Comments

• barbar Member
    edited August 2019

@Debouncer

I did after I got billed the second time, I have many subscriptions active on my PayPal account, never got billed after I cancelled on the site of the service itself.

• @bar said:
    @Debouncer

I did after I got billed the second time, I have many subscriptions active on my PayPal account, never got billed after I cancelled on the site of the service itself.

On this particular point, you have made an agreement with PayPal to be debited on a recurring basis. You should have canceled this on time.

• barbar Member
    edited August 2019

@ITLabs
    I still think that if you click the "Request Cancellation" on the site and get a confirmation email on the 5th of August, and still getting charged a few hours later is not right.
    You'd think that you wouldn't have to cancel the service on 2 different places just so the provider would stop charging you.

• @bar said:
    @ITLabs
    I still think that if you click the "Request Cancellation" on the site and get a confirmation email on the 5th of August, and still getting charged a few hours later is not right.
    You'd think that you wouldn't have to cancel the service on 2 different places just so the provider would stop charging you.

You're confused.

You did not get charged.

You voluntarily set up a recurring SENDING of money to the provider in question.

The provider cannot properly cancel that. You should've stopped SENDING them money.

Just to re-iterate: You didnt get charged, you sent them money.

• barbar Member

So why do they have an option to cancel the subscription on their site if it does practically nothing?
    Don't you think it's a way to confuse the customer?
    Do you really think this is good practice?

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

It is common to have subscription payment set. That subscription is in your paypal account. Consider it pre approved payment. So you sent them money.

If you didn't receive any service i am sure that they will refund you payed amount.

• @bar said:
    So why do they have an option to cancel the subscription on their site if it does practically nothing?

i DO think that its indeed confusing for the consumer, and i wish that the responsible party would indeed fix it. In this case, that responsible party is Paypal, NOT THE PROVIDER. As per the other thread, stockservers has stopped offering paypal subscriptions for this exact reason: people do not understand how it works (it works this way regardless of whether you agree with it or not and always has worked this way) and caused too much hassle.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited August 2019

@teamacc said:

@bar said:

i DO think that its indeed confusing for the consumer, and i wish that the responsible party would indeed fix it. In this case, that responsible party is Paypal, NOT THE PROVIDER. As per the other thread, stockservers has stopped offering paypal subscriptions for this exact reason: people do not understand how it works (it works this way regardless of whether you agree with it or not and always has worked this way) and caused too much hassle.

It is just like a bank's billpay feature. You set a recurrent amount to paid to some one. The bank will pay it until YOU tell them to stop. The entity you are paying can not, and will not, cancel it for you.

Your account your responsibility, take some and move on down the line.

edit: formatting and couple of mistakes on wording

• My VPS has been down for days. I tried to get on to the client area and I am unable to manage my own vps. If there were any changes or a new vps control panel thats been used I am sure its common sense to send the details through. So I don't know if I still have my vps .

• @geekhost said:
    My VPS has been down for days. I tried to get on to the client area and I am unable to manage my own vps. If there were any changes or a new vps control panel thats been used I am sure its common sense to send the details through. So I don't know if I still have my vps .

No idea why your vps would be down, everyone else's is OK so if you wouldn't mind shooting me a message on pm with an email address I'll look ASAP, or even a ticket number as that would be much better.

• SavaSava Member
    edited September 2019

Bopie said: 4 vCPU @3.2Ghz +
    2GB DDR3 Dedicated (Free upgrade to 4GB, just pop in support ticket);
    400GB HDD;
    32TB Bandwidth on a 1Gbps shared port;
    1 Ipv4;
    Operating System: Linux;
    40% Off reccurring
    Normally $8.23/mo with promocode only $4.94/mo
    https://my.stockservers.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=45&promocode=4GPVJY1STD ;

Is this promotion currently priced at $ 4.94 / mo? I want to install windows server 2012 r2 trial operating system on them are allowed?

• @Sava said:

Bopie said: 4 vCPU @3.2Ghz +
    2GB DDR3 Dedicated (Free upgrade to 4GB, just pop in support ticket);
    400GB HDD;
    32TB Bandwidth on a 1Gbps shared port;
    1 Ipv4;
    Operating System: Linux;
    40% Off reccurring
    Normally $8.23/mo with promocode only $4.94/mo
    https://my.stockservers.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=45&promocode=4GPVJY1STD ;

Is this promotion currently priced at $ 4.94 / mo? I want to install windows server 2012 r2 trial operating system on them are allowed?

Nope. Was also interested.

• dedi cpu or how much cpu resource limits?

• @dpham said:
    dedi cpu or how much cpu resource limits?

See: https://my.stockservers.com/acceptable-usage-policy.php

StockServers Customers may not initiate the following (below), if any customer does StockServers may terminate the account with no refund. Depending on the situation there will/won't be warnings sent.
    a) Use 51% or more of YOUR allocated CPU resources for longer then 15 minutes or 100% of YOUR allocated CPU resources for longer than 5 minutes;