Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest providers who support unverified paypal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggest providers who support unverified paypal

Hello there,

I already have multiple services with Ramnode & BuyVM and I am fairly satisfied with them.

But recently I decided to give some other hosts a chance and test them out as I need to host some more project next month.

I read the recent LET poll, and decided to go with hosthatch first, but unfortunately they don't support unverified paypal.
I don't have any other payment option available.

I could register to all other provider to test out their payment preference but I think its waste to register an account when I end up not using their service.

So fellow mates, Please help me out if you have any good provider known to you who supports payment from unverified paypal.

Thank You.

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

hello @Ataurbd - I'm guessing it may not be as simple as verified vs unverified paypal based on my own experience (using unverified paypal) - it very rarely has been a problem. (Having a hard time remembering the one or two that needed some other payment method. Though sometimes they do want ID etc.)

Maybe also has something to do with your location? I think probably your best bet would be just to keep trying the quality hosts you are interested in working with - since you apparently have been able to sign up with Ramnode and BuyVM, both hosts who seem to know how to handle their business.

I would imagine that any actually useful advice would have to be more specific to your exact situation - perhaps it might be helpful to compare notes with other people from your location?

Obligatory "good luck with your" unverified paypal and finding some alternative payment methods ...

• AtaurbdAtaurbd Member
    edited July 2019

@uptime said:
    Maybe also has something to do with your location?

Really confused here. When I try to checkout, paypal says, "We're sorry, things don't appear to be working right now. Please try again later"....

I think probably your best bet would be just to keep trying the quality hosts you are interested in working with

I am also trying to find some other provider to avoid vendor lock-in (or don't keep your all egg in one bucket issue) even though I am just a low-end user.

• uptimeuptime Member

Ataurbd said: paypal says, "We're sorry, things don't appear to be working right now. Please try again later"....

I've seen that happen before myself.

Maybe try again later?

• Maybe try again later?

I thought 24 hours are enough. But maybe I need to have more patience.

Thank You for your response. May I know which provider are you currently using?

• Why not verify your paypal account?

• @jordynegen11 said:
    Why not verify your paypal account?

Not supported in my country.

• uptimeuptime Member

Ataurbd said: May I know which provider are you currently using?

well, I've been trying out quite a few recently ... most have been pretty decent for my use case (idling and/or storage).

Are you looking for something similar to BuyVM or HostUS?

Maybe a good place to get sense of the current consensus for low-end suggestions would be the recent LET provider poll results: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158467/let-provider-poll-hy1-2019-results/p1

Then might try to narrow down a bit and maybe get some better feedback about the ones that may be suitable for your intended usage.

What sort of applications do you need to support?

• @Ataurbd said:

@jordynegen11 said:
    Why not verify your paypal account?

Not supported in my country.

Can you get a secured credit card(usually against a roughly $400-500) term deposit with your bank?

That's what I use in India for paypal verification .
    I don't have to worry about overspends on a hacked card, since its limit is capped to 80% of the deposit, you secured it with.

Your deposit still earns interest as usual.

• What sort of applications do you need to support?

Mostly PHP-MySQL stuff

Can you get a secured credit card.

Possible, but too much paperwork required.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

Ataurbd said: Mostly PHP-MySQL stuff

So I would infer mainly web-based apps that may need a bit of ram and would benefit from SSD.

And, also guessing (please correct me if I am misunderstanding anything) production sites with some amount of traffic in Europe or North America - and/or Asia? - requiring good network, uptime, and possibly also a certain level of support?

It may be helpful to indicate an approximate budget, and if any details that might be more complicated for providers to deal with (other than unverified paypal).

• AtaurbdAtaurbd Member
    edited July 2019

And, also guessing

You guessed right.

traffic in Europe or North America

Is not required but low ping to Asia would be great. I prefer East West-coast of Europe.

a certain level of support

Only if the issue is on their end.

a bit of ram and benefit from SSD

SSD is a must, NVMe is cool.

an approximate budget

I just need to test the provider first, so 5-10$ is for now. If I like the provider, I will suggest it to my client, then he will pay for final deployment, so budget won't be issue then (I hope).

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

Alrighty then!

I can suggest a few providers located in Europe and/or UK that I think offer the proverbial superior potassium. Many of them are also active here on LET so you may be able to communicate with them here if you have questions and so forth. Most offer monthly service so you can try them for a month, should be able to get something nice with SSD, possibly even NVMe, for under $7 ... :)

I think UltraVPS.eu is the only one that has its "special offers" with the more significant discounts for 6-month or longer contracts as opposed to monthly. Though most of the others do have discounts for quarterly or annual payments - but should have good monthly prices as well. (Also, would expect Hetzner will want to start with a €20 deposit against future invoices for hourly-billed VPS.)

Since all of them are familiar with the challenges of dealing with us low-end type customers, some may be fairly leery of abuse - especially anything involving sending unsolicited email - and also concerns regarding copyrights will be an issue for many as well (the German providers seem to be especially sensitive to this, though I would expect any of the above will terminate service quickly and without refund if there are violations of their terms of service.)

Would also anticipate varying degrees of concern about possible fraud and chargebacks. Sometimes location is a factor in determining risk (for example, I know that @AnthonySmith has reluctantly given up accepting any orders from Brazil or China.) Nonetheless - assuming you are legit - if you can communicate your planned use and so forth clearly to address any concerns then seems like at least a reasonable chance to get started - so I would say it should be worth a try.

Best of course is to deal with whatever paperwork etc to get a secured credit card - or if possible make payment via cryptocurrency or another non-refundable method. It may be some trouble to get started with all that but should give you more options in the long run.

• People who don't wanna use a credit card or payment methods available in their country and wants only unverified means of service equals abuse in 99% of the times.

Thanked by 1tetech
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We would be happy to consider it based off n your individual circumstances. Our latency to Asia is as excellent as it can be from London.

Thanked by 3uptime Ataurbd AuroraZ
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@Clouvider said:
    We would be happy to consider it based off n your individual circumstances. Our latency to Asia any where in planet Earth is as excellent as it can be from London.

Thanked by 2uptime Clouvider
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@Ataurbd - I didn't realize @Clouvider offers KVM as well as dedicated servers.

Would definitely recommend to add them to your short list of potential suppliers of superior potassium.

:smiley:

failhostings said: People who don't wanna use a credit card or payment methods available in their country and wants only unverified means of service equals abuse in 99% of the times.

maybe so but I'm in that category as well (prefer to use my unverified paypal account for most transactions, thank you very much!) - so perhaps we might tempt fate just a bit and adopt the Bayesian prior, calling the odds more like 50% until and unless further indications reveal otherwise. And the hosts listed here are generally equipped to recognize many warning signs and nip any BS in the bud - if they care to make that effort, then they might do some good business in otherwise underserved markets.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @Clouvider , link of "Tasty KVM Slices" in your signature doesn't work.
    I guess, "SSD FlexiCloud" are the VPS you are offering now, right?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • creepcreep Member

@failhostings said:
    People who don't wanna use a credit card or payment methods available in their country and wants only unverified means of service equals abuse in 99% of the times.

Stop. You are hurting privacy warriors. We want to be invisible in the Internet, we're not going to give you our details.

• uptimeuptime Member

@creep - providers can have (most of) my details ... but I'm not too keen on letting paypal anywhere near my bank account.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @uptime said:
    @creep - providers can have (most of) my details ... but I'm not too keen on letting paypal anywhere near my bank account.

Providing real details about yourself shall be mostly a pass to get a service even if PayPal is unverified if you pass also maxmind and such stuff.

Thanked by 2uptime tetech
  • @Ataurbd said:

Can you get a secured credit card.

Possible, but too much paperwork required.

It takes an hour. Just present ID, photo, deposit certificate to the bank.
    Saves you hours in future hassle with anti-fraud modules.

• kp93kp93 Member

PayPal in India now supports debit cards,
    try once.

• @kp93 said:
    PayPal in India now supports debit cards,
    try once.

To be precise, Axis bnk debit card is well supported. But other banks such as Andra, Dhan-laxmi, SyndIcate etc failed when I tried to make payment for my providers overseas.
    My PP is verified. I did it to make payment for EIG hosts who doesn't accept unverified pp payments. Arvix is an example.

Thanked by 2kp93 vimalware
  • level6level6 Member

@Clouvider said:
    We would be happy to consider it based off n your individual circumstances. Our latency to Asia is as excellent as it can be from London.

No good deed goes unpunished

Thanked by 2uptime skorous
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

uptime said: Also, would expect Hetzner will want to start with a €20 deposit against future invoices for hourly-billed VPS.

We usually don't require a €20 deposit to order a Cloud server. However, we offer a €20 prepaid option with PayPal for new customers who are having difficulties to send in their ID. When they register a new account they can choose between these two methods. When they choose the PayPal option, we use the pre-paid amount for the first invoice.

Thanked by 2uptime Ataurbd