Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vulnerability in my Router
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vulnerability in my Router

failhostingsfailhostings Member
edited July 2019 in General

Is it serious? its an Sagemcom 5655 AC RF my checkpoint firewall says this The device is vulnerable to hacker attacks.
For more info see the corresponding vulnerability ID. An upgrade of the device's software/firmware may fix the issue.
Vulnerability ID:
CVE-2017-14491
IP Address:
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2017-14491
ps its telekom firmware .

Comments

• ITLabsITLabs Member

Thanks God there's an easy solution:

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

"[...] execute arbitrary code via a crafted DNS response"

Nice.

Thanked by 1failhostings
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

If its the firmware of your ISP, you be fucked.
    I usually takes them weeks to even update it.

Thanked by 1failhostings
  • rubenruben Member, Host Rep

Neoon said: If its the firmware of your ISP, you be fucked.

It's a (probably cheap) CPE deployed by a Telco.. Once in the customers home you never touch it again. What could go wrong?

Thanked by 1failhostings
  • @ruben said:

Neoon said: If its the firmware of your ISP, you be fucked.

It's a (probably cheap) CPE deployed by a Telco.. Once in the customers home you never touch it again. What could go wrong?

Yes guys it's custom Telekom firmware I'm fucked seems I need a new router, any suggestions?

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep

Grab an Edgerouter.

Thanked by 1failhostings
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited July 2019

You have checkpoint?
    You are a rich person.

• level6level6 Member

If the ONT connects to the router with Ethernet why not? And your ISP will have more difficulty snooping on your traffic.

• @Janevski said:
    You have checkpoint?
    You are a rich person.

yes its the ex gen i got it from work from free being israeli has its advantages xD > @level6 said:

If the ONT connects to the router with Ethernet why not? And your ISP will have more difficulty snooping on your traffic.

aleardy using a vpn

Thanked by 2Janevski raindog308
  • level6level6 Member
    edited July 2019

@failhostings said:

@Janevski said:
    You have checkpoint?
    You are a rich person.

yes its the ex gen i got it from work from free being israeli has its advantages xD > @level6 said:

aleardy using a vpn

Agreed on the above, Edgerouter for ~$100, if you feel comfortable configuring it.

• @ITLabs said:
    Thanks God there's an easy solution:

Good thing you put the red box on there, I would've never seen it otherwise.

Thanked by 2ITLabs Janevski
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2019

Holy shit, sagem? It's an ancient hardware provider. :O in which country OP you are?

Thanked by 1failhostings
  • @LTniger said:
    Holy shit, sagem? It's an ancient hardware provider. :O in which country OP you are?

its actually sagemcom sagem fusioned with another french company to surive in fact its quite a new model . hungary

Thanked by 1Levi