Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM/BuyShared now giving away free Blesta & Softaculous licenses (along with DirectAdmin) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM/BuyShared now giving away free Blesta & Softaculous licenses (along with DirectAdmin)

Comments

• @Francisco

When do you think you might have some availability in LV or NY? Shared or VM.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@lowfatgeek said:
    as for buyshared, are the free licenses also available for both Shared and Reseller plans? thanks

It's fine on shared too, just dont be a dick and put 5 licenses on a $8/year plan.

Francisco

• @captainwasabi said:
    @Francisco

When do you think you might have some availability in LV or NY? Shared or VM.

nm, came available, got one.

Thanks!

• williewillie Member

Does the person have to set up their own stripe/whatever account?

• Kudos to Our Lord and Savior Francisco!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • uptimeuptime Member

willie said: Does the person have to set up their own stripe/whatever account?

I think Francisco is setting all those up for free too?

Also crypto. Lots of crypto, free for everyone! :smiley:

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @willie said:

Yes for taxes and legal reasons.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@willie said:

If you want to be able to collect money, yeah you're gonna need your own payment gateway. They support a bunch though, so you can just do Paypal if you want. Stripe is free and pretty easy to setup though, set it up years ago but I think I just had to verify a couple deposits in my bank account.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • williewillie Member

@Sanvit was this an issue with Selly? At $20/m I'd hope they do pretty much everything, like Kagi used to/does.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

@Ympker said:
    No worries. I'll just assume your goal is world domination after all. A world full of ponies. Wouldn't mind that tbh🤔

@Francisco is working for the Illuminati (hosting department) to take over the hosting world and create a New World (hosting) Order.

btw, he is half way there...

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@BlaZe said:

@Ympker said:
    No worries. I'll just assume your goal is world domination after all. A world full of ponies. Wouldn't mind that tbh🤔

@Francisco is working for the Illuminati (hosting department) to take over the hosting world and create a New World (hosting) Order.

btw, he is half way there...

Meanwhile... somewhere deep, deep inside Frantech...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2019

@Harambe said:

@willie said:

If you want to be able to collect money, yeah you're gonna need your own payment gateway. They support a bunch though, so you can just do Paypal if you want. Stripe is free and pretty easy to setup though, set it up years ago but I think I just had to verify a couple deposits in my bank account.

Right.

We're only the panel. Anything outside of that (gateways, etc) is on you to complete.

Francisco

• ShamliShamli Member

Great to hear...

Kudos to @Francisco ...

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @Francisco -- congrats on the amazing offer. Control panel + auto-installer is incredible enough, but then you add Blesta into the mix. Blesta is good people so I'm not surprised that BuyVM is working with them.

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2019

Will BuyVM switch to Blesta? I don't have a preference from a pure usability perspective (from the user side at least), but given the unholy whm-plesk-cpanel consolidation I'd be happy to see everyone switch. Also they must have expected to lose some cpanel sales after the price increase, but losing some whm sales as well would be a nice extra comeuppance.

• @willie said:
    Will BuyVM switch to Blesta? I don't have a preference from a pure usability perspective (from the user side at least), but given the unholy whm-plesk-cpanel consolidation I'd be happy to see everyone switch. Also they must have expected to lose some cpanel sales after the price increase, but losing some whm sales as well would be a nice extra comeuppance.

any extra lose will be negated by the substantially increasing profit. switching panel is pain in the ass, most of host not charging lowend price (including me) will do just fine with increasing $2 / account / year

Thanked by 2MichaelCee DA_Mark
  • smaartsmaart Member

is it onetime cost forever ? or just for the first one year? any limitation for your blesta and directadmin license? thx

• @smaart said:
    is it onetime cost forever ? or just for the first one year? any limitation for your blesta and directadmin license? thx

As far as I know, the licenses last as long as you stay with BuyVM. That's why it's one hell of a deal. There's not even a onetime cost. It's simply included with your Slice.

• The problem is that, BuyVM and BuyShared dont have servers in Asia. If they have one, definitely got one already.

• smaartsmaart Member

@DA_Mark said:

@smaart said:

As far as I know, the licenses last as long as you stay with BuyVM. That's why it's one hell of a deal. There's not even a onetime cost. It's simply included with your Slice.

Thx,

but, seems like they running out of stock, 0 available in any plans

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@smaart said:

@DA_Mark said:

@smaart said:

Thx,

https://buyvmstock.com/to the rescue!

• smaartsmaart Member

@K4Y5 said:

@smaart said:

@DA_Mark said:

@smaart said:

Thx,

https://buyvmstock.com/ to the rescue!

thx

• sanvitsanvit Member

@lowfatgeek>; @willie said:

@Sanvit was this an issue with Selly? At $20/m I'd hope they do pretty much everything, like Kagi used to/does.

Soeey, haven't noticed the mention.

Sellers are required to set up their oewn payment methods. Selly just connects you with the payment gateway. E.g. for PayPal, you need to enter your PP email and selly does the rest. For stripe, iirc you have to put on some kind of key. For crypto, all you have to do is enter your wallet address, and selly does the rest :)

• williewillie Member

Thanks and oh sheesh, if they're charging $20/m and not handling payments they sound almost useless. There's a jillion free shopping carts around, and if you only have a few products you don't even need one.

• hzrhzr Member

willie said: Thanks and oh sheesh, if they're charging $20/m and not handling payments they sound almost useless. There's a jillion free shopping carts around, and if you only have a few products you don't even need one.

Selly is pretty well known for being used to sell illegal shit, stolen accounts, phished logins, etc.

• williewillie Member

Hmm ok but do you mean they basically charge $20/m to let people advertise illegal crap there? Do those sellers use legitimate accounts to receive payments with? Dark web and crypto seem much more promising.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2019

I guess selly will be closed down in a couple months. Even hackforums ppl won't necessarily wanna pay 20$/mo.
    There was a similar site like selly on hf which I used before but it also shut down.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited July 2019

IDK but people seem to move on to shoppy.gg nowadays.

@willie said:
    Hmm ok but do you mean they basically charge $20/m to let people advertise illegal crap there? Do those sellers use legitimate accounts to receive payments with? Dark web and crypto seem much more promising.

Nah, they used provide a shopping cart and a rather simple one (if you do PP and crypto) for a small percentage per sale. But IMO it's not worth $20/mo, especially when you can get blesta + hosting for $8/y

• hzrhzr Member

willie said: Hmm ok but do you mean they basically charge $20/m to let people advertise illegal crap there? Do those sellers use legitimate accounts to receive payments with? Dark web and crypto seem much more promising.

https://www.reddit.com/domain/shoppy.gg/

I mean, here's an alternative. Basically the exact same community and sellers.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • williewillie Member

Heh, I clicked that reddit link and thought I had opened my email spam folder by accident ;). How scammy. For more normal stuff I wonder if anyone still uses ebay. Given that there's a reddit group though, who needs shoppy? Why not just post to reddit directly?