Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aruba Vs. HostEurope VS.DigitalOcean..Kindly help me make choice
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aruba Vs. HostEurope VS.DigitalOcean..Kindly help me make choice

kawerakawera Member
edited July 2019 in General

Hello guys,i have relatively popular websites numbering 10...serving European audience.They get combined 300K clicks per day.Among the three,kindly can you recommend the most suitable among them?Am running away from AWS due to cost constrants.Thanks

Hosting Recommendation
  1. Whom will you recommend29 votes
    1. ArubaCloud
      24.14%
    2. Host Europe GMBH
      20.69%
    3. DigitalOcean
      55.17%

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2019

Maybe tell us a bit more about your sites...
    Are they mostly CPU/RAM/Disk space hungry? What is important for you when it comes to the services that the future provider should offer?
    I, personally, am not too impressed with the three choices that you gave us (I use or used all 3 of them) and am sure that there could be better alternatives, depending on your needs.

• kawerakawera Member

@Amitz said:
    Are they mostly CPU/RAM/Disk space hungry?
    I, personally, am not too impressed with the three choices that you gave us (I use or used all 3 of them) and am sure that there could be better alternatives, depending on your use case.

RAM hungry

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@kawera said:

@Amitz said:
    Are they mostly CPU/RAM/Disk space hungry?
    I, personally, am not too impressed with the three choices that you gave us (I use or used all 3 of them) and am sure that there could be better alternatives, depending on your use case.

RAM hungry

Netcup root-servers with 32GB (22.99€) or 64GB (42.99€) "dedicated" RAM.

Thanked by 2Amitz BBTN
  • Given these 3 choices, i would go for DigitalOCean.

• kawerakawera Member

@Matt247 said:
    Given these 3 choices, i would go for DigitalOCean.

but seems pricing wise HostEurope seems ok....10 cores,32RAM for 59 Euros...the same goes above 200 euros.I really want to compare about connectivity for european users

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

Joined 2:02PM

Welcome to LET!

Would you like to tell us more about your experience with HostEurope?

• kawerakawera Member

@uptime said:

Welcome to LET.

i also want to hear about the experience at host europe as well

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

Hetzner has one of the best EU networks and is definitely the best bang for buck wise.

Seriously asking, why bother with anything else? Just pick up a dedicated server from them, you'll be just fine.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • LeviLevi Member

Hetzner. Just go with it.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

AC_Fan said: Just pick up a dedicated server from them, you'll be just fine.

If he's like other LET posters, millions in revenue ride on each second of downtime. His HA needs may also need to be factored in.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@kawera said:

@uptime said:

Welcome to LET.

i also want to hear about the experience at host europe as well

I don't think you'll hear much about them here but if you search for complaints on the wider web it shouldn't be too hard to figure out their general modus operandi.

They are now owned by GoDaddy via HEG, in case that detail might help give you some idea what to expect.

Maybe I've got them all wrong, but my best guess is that they are high-pressure peddlers of inferior potassium.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • KwoonKwoon Member

Did anyone say Hetzner?

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • jamujajamuja Member

@kawera said:
    Hello guys,i have relatively popular websites numbering 10...serving European audience.They get combined 300K clicks per day.Among the three,kindly can you recommend the most suitable among them?Am running away from AWS due to cost constrants.Thanks

I recently tested Aruba cloud pro. While not the cheapest I found the network is very speedy and CPU is good enough during my test maxing out CPU and network 24/7. It's unlimited bandwidth too.

Thanked by 2uptime ArubaCloud
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@uptime said:
    ... GoDaddy ...

• 479555479555 Member

@jamuja said:
    I recently tested Aruba cloud pro. While not the cheapest I found the network is very speedy and CPU is good enough during my test maxing out CPU and network 24/7. It's unlimited bandwidth too.

I have an old Aruba Cloud 1 €/month Smart plan and I'm pretty happy about it

Thanked by 1ArubaCloud
  • Well, given that the hosteurope site doesnt load for me (stuck at the spinning circle), I wouldnt touch them with @uptime's dick.

Try shilling for them on WHT, might have a bit more result.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

the proverbial 10-foot pole ... I'll allow it.