Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for UK Dedicated Server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for UK Dedicated Server

2»

Comments

• I would certainly recommend @Zare , I have been a dedicated and colocation customer for about 1 year now.

Thanked by 3WebHostingUK Zare FHR
  • WebHostingUKWebHostingUK Member
    edited July 2019

@Clouvider said:

@WebHostingUK said:
    I appreciate @Clouvider posting in the forum, he's offering a good deal but as a small hosting provider we need to keep costs down and also move away from cPanel at the same time due to their extortionate price increases.

Which panel are you looking to move to from cPanel? We offer free DirectAdmin for all our Customers.

Either DirectAdmin or CentOS Web Panel.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@WebHostingUK said:

@Clouvider said:

@WebHostingUK said:
    I appreciate @Clouvider posting in the forum, he's offering a good deal but as a small hosting provider we need to keep costs down and also move away from cPanel at the same time due to their extortionate price increases.

Which panel are you looking to move to from cPanel? We offer free DirectAdmin for all our Customers.

Either DirectAdmin or CentOS Web Panel.

You should seriously reconsider the latter, https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/154182/centos-webpanel-improvements-cwp/p1 when @SecNinja says not to touch it - you don’t touch it.

edited July 2019

@Clouvider Looks like they are addressing most of the bugs and every control panel including cPanel has them. I'll be testing a few before deciding which to use, looks like VestaCP might be a contender aswell.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@PhotonVPS said:
    UK market seems rough...

Going in dry bb :wink:

Thanked by 1FHR
    edited July 2019

@WebHostingUK said:
    @Clouvider Looks like they are addressing most of the bugs and every control panel including cPanel has them. I'll be testing a few before deciding which to use, looks like VestaCP might be a contender aswell.

Erm, ok I guess. That was just friendly advice, choice is yours, you surely know best what’s best for your Customers.

with regards to Vesta CP, you should seriously reconsider this one too following the recent past major incidents...

• Are you hinting use Directadmin with you because it's free :smiley: I would do but your price is out of reach for me.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

WebHostingUK said: Are you hinting use Directadmin with you because it's free

To be fair there was a big issue with security recently in VestaCP - although I believe there is a fork of the project now trying to focus on security.

I can't comment on CWP.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

KEEP THE CONTENT COMING

• proxieproxie Member

@WebHostingUK said:
    Are you hinting use Directadmin with you because it's free :smiley: I would do but your price is out of reach for me.

No he's not, DirectAdmin is the best choice out of the panels you've mentioned. If you are looking for something user friendly, excellent support and is super easy to use then this is an excellent panel to use.

I've just deployed a few VPS with it and took advantage from other providers who offer it FREE and it's a really nice panel to use, in a way I'm glad I was forced to move away due to cPanel as it's much more suitable for me.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • proxieproxie Member

@Clouvider said:
    We could do E3-1270 V6, 16 GB of DDR4 memory (minimum possible for this model), 512 GB NVMe, 1Gbit/s with 30 TB Bandwidth (minimum we offer with dedicated) and 3x IPv4 r £60 + VAT.

In terms of quality, I think we have plenty of Customers here who could tell you how happy they are :-).

If you are, or anyone else is, interested, shoot me a PM, I’ll create a discounted order for you.

This deal is only valid while the stock we have already built lasts.

+1 for Clouvider, his service isnt the cheapest but you get what you pay for, quality hardware and superb support.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Zare check your inbox.

• Any more offers while i'm waiting forever for a reply? Surely rule number one with a hosting company is swift and responsive support? - Gives me nagging doubts.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@WebHostingUK said:
    I'm upgrading from a VPS so i'm now looking preferably for the following:

UK Dedicated server
    Xeon E3 / E5 CPU
    100Mbps but preferably 1Gbps if within budget
    SSD 256GB / 512GB (the more the better)
    8GB+ RAM (the more the better)
    3+ IP's (IPv4)
    1TB+ Bandwidth (again the more the better)

~£30-£40 max.

Your budget is very low for a Dedicated server in UK I think
    But I would recommend Zare & leaseweb..
    Maybe you have to pay VAT if you are from EU
    Good luck..

WebHostingUK said: Surely rule number one with a hosting company is swift and responsive support? - Gives me nagging doubts.

I can see you have already started to explore the difference. :)

We're still here if you need something today.

Good luck finding provider meeting your needs.

edited July 2019

@Clouvider said:

WebHostingUK said: Surely rule number one with a hosting company is swift and responsive support? - Gives me nagging doubts.

Trust me, if the price was right they'd be no question.

Whoever it is from Zare wouldn't even answer the basic questions so i've done some digging and apparently its a bunch of students that run it.

Some of the Trustpilot reviews aren't good either.

You got no more sales on? Your low end special would've been perfect to move onto.

You're in luck, there was a cancellation over the weekend for this low end special

£ 29 (+VAT)
    Intel I3-6300T 3.3 GHz
    16GB DDR4 Memory
    2x 64GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Enterprise SATA III HDD
    2x 1Gbit/s uplink
    30 TB Monthly Bandwidth

1 Unit exactly.

Open an account at console.clouvider.co.uk and let me know the email used, I'll create the order for you.

• @Clouvider said:
    You're in luck, there was a cancellation over the weekend for this low end special

£ 29 (+VAT)
    Intel I3-6300T 3.3 GHz
    16GB DDR4 Memory
    2x 1Gbit/s uplink
    30 TB Monthly Bandwidth

1 Unit exactly.

Open an account at console.clouvider.co.uk and let me know the email used, I'll create the order for you.

I'll PM you.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited July 2019

@Clouvider said:

£ 29 (+VAT)
    Intel I3-6300T 3.3 GHz
    16GB DDR4 Memory
    2x 1Gbit/s uplink
    30 TB Monthly Bandwidth

1 Unit exactly.

Wow, I’d have had that.

Edit: if the other guy doesn’t have it, i’ll take it. And if you get future cancellations, think of me!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ^ Blimey, that's a good steal!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@AlwaysSkint said:
    ^ Blimey, that's a good steal!

Isn’t it just? I cannot believe I missed that when it was initially offered.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @WebHostingUK said:

@Clouvider said:

Whoever it is from Zare wouldn't even answer the basic questions so i've done some digging and apparently its a bunch of students that run it.

You got no more sales on? Your low end special would've been perfect to move onto.

Zare's management isn't run by students, they were students in the past, just as most people in the world were. They may be young, it doesn't make them stupid and based on how fast Zare has grown in the past few years, you'd be the stupid one to think that.

I'd recommend Zare based on support, network quality and their entire ethos as a company.

Thanked by 1Zare
  • @tester4 said:

@WebHostingUK said:

@Clouvider said:

Zare's management isn't run by students, they were students in the past, just as most people in the world were. They may be young, it doesn't make them stupid and based on how fast Zare has grown in the past few years, you'd be the stupid one to think that.

I'd recommend Zare based on support, network quality and their entire ethos as a company.

I've sent them multiple questions and i've had no reply, they only seemed to reply when I was ready to buy... that to me was an instant red flag.

No information in regards to any of the questions I had to ask them, just blatantly ignoring.

You want a good reputation, have good customer service.

Nekki said: Edit: if the other guy doesn’t have it, i’ll take it. And if you get future cancellations, think of me!

Storage beast is free, I meant to reach out, and you have first dibs on it. :) I'll PM.

Pleased to welcome @WebHostingUK to Clouvider :)

Glad you can recognise the superior quality of service that we provide :)!

Thanked by 2WebHostingUK Ympker
    edited July 2019

Thanks @Clouvider , good to see fast customer service.

• @Clouvider said:
    Pleased to welcome @WebHostingUK to Clouvider :)

Glad you can recognise the superior quality of service that we provide :)!

Superior xD Yeah right.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

@WebHostingUK sorry no one replied but our LET inbox isn’t monitored. Generally you would need to open a ticket which would have been processed in under 30 minutes. I do see you placed and order and have an account.

Also we aren’t students, I have never been to Uni and we have 8 full time staff members

Our original offer is still valid if you ever need it :)

• Harry
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Zare said:
    @WebHostingUK sorry no one replied but our LET inbox isn’t monitored. Generally you would need to open a ticket which would have been processed in under 30 minutes. I do see you placed and order and have an account.

Also we aren’t students, I have never been to Uni and we have 8 full time staff members

• Harry

Given that @WebHostingUK apparently hasn't opened a ticket or used an official way of contact I'd not go as far as to say @Zare replies slow in general. A provider not frequently/constantly monitoring LET inbox isn't necessarily bad. Glad @WebHostingUK has found a service at @Clouvider now :) I believe either host wouldn't have been a bad choice.

• @Ympker said:

@Zare said:

• Harry

Given that @WebHostingUK apparently hasn't opened a ticket or used an official way of contact I'd not go as far as to say @Zare replies slow in general. A provider not frequently/constantly monitoring LET inbox isn't necessarily bad. Glad @WebHostingUK has found a service at @Clouvider now :) I believe either host wouldn't have been a bad choice.

I shouldn't need to open a ticket if I message on your homepage live chat link but they didn't receive it which suggests their system isn't setup correctly.

Anyway that's all past now, moving forward it's time to say good riddance to cPanel and hello to Directadmin.

Thanks to all that put their offers and suggestions within the thread.

Thanked by 2Ympker Clouvider