Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for Mexico or Non-Quebec Canada VPS for private VPN. Budget is $20usd per year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for Mexico or Non-Quebec Canada VPS for private VPN. Budget is $20usd per year

Gullos actuyally works fine for my needs and is insanely cheap, but along with lowendspirit they are in quebec and I need non-quebec. Let me know! thanks

Anything across an ocean just isnt fast enough for what I do

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited July 2019

Lunanode.com has Toronto and Montreal

Edit : missed your budget. However, you can shelve your VM when not in use to cut down cost :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @freerangecloud has some stuff in Manitoba I believe.

Thanked by 1freerangecloud
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

Lunanode is indeed the bee's knees (but should note Montreal is in Quebec, and Toronto isn't all that far away on the east coast in terms of the NA scale of things at least).

@freerangecloud may still offer a small KVM in Canada for $15 per year - possibly available in Winnipeg or Vancouver (...? or not - I'm really not sure).

And they also offer an IP tunneling product - no idea how suitable any of this might be for OP's vpn use case, but could be worth a closer look.

• I'm also looking for a similar service. I'd prefer if it had direct peering with Bell Canada though.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited July 2019

Mexico is $15 per month in IBM (Softlayer)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

15 per month is almost 15 times more than OP is willing to shell out.

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2019

Freerangecloud has Vancouver but currently out of stock. Winnipeg is available in a $8/m KVM plan, maybe more than you want to spend but you didn't state a budget. (Edit: oh I see budget is in the title but not in the first post).

Hmm, "IXP Router VPS" in Vancouver ($5/m) might be what you want: https://freerangecloud.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1 scroll down

Thanked by 1freerangecloud
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2019

Thanks for tagging me in guys. We have an unlisted $15/yr VPS (512MB/15GB HDD/1024GB transfer) which I will do via PM. Ashburn, Fremont or Winnipeg ONLY. @iwishyou I replied to your other thread as well.

• hol;y crap thanks everyone! @freerangecloud that seems like the perfect plan. can i ping/latency test those locations some how real quick? ashburn or winnipeg should work just fine. fremont is in quebec

• williewillie Member

Sad to say Ashburn is also in Quebec.

• OujiOuji Member

Winnipeg at least isn't.

• uptimeuptime Member

fremont is in quebec

The Fremont I know is somewhere between Quebec and Mexico, last time I checked ...

There may be another Fremont in Quebec.

Possibly also a Quebec in Fremont, who knows ...

I am confuse.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@uptime said:

fremont is in quebec

The Fremont I know is somewhere between Quebec and Mexico, last time I checked ...

I am confuse.

I think he meant Fermont

@iwishyou I'm pretty sure the Fremont @freerangecloud meant is Fremont, NV (US)

Thanked by 1uptime

Fremont, California, USA. Can confirm it's there, I've been there lol.

@iwishyou http://lg.freerangecloud.com for test IPs

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

@sanvit said:

@uptime said:

fremont is in quebec

I am confuse.

I think he meant Fermont

isn't that Area 51 ...?

• well, that is what i figured but since we were talking about canada i googled if there was a fremont canada and there is =P
    awesome. ill take winnipeg let me know what to doooo

Thanked by 1uptime
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@uptime said:

@sanvit said:

@uptime said:

fremont is in quebec

I am confuse.

I think he meant Fermont

isn't that Area 51 ...?

Lol I was going to write Fremont, LV but something was in my head :(

Anyway, FRC confirmed it's CA :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@iwishyou said:
    since we were talking about canada i googled if there was a fremont canada and there is =P

aha ... I am enlighten!

I DDGd and found the history of a Fremont in New Mexico as well!

https://lorettamilestollefson.com/2018/01/13/john-fremont-stumbles-into-taos/

iwishyou said: awesome. ill take winnipeg let me know what to doooo

maybe best way to proceed with all due haste would be create a customer account on the freerangecloud website and open up a sales ticket

@iwishyou said:
    well, that is what i figured but since we were talking about canada i googled if there was a fremont canada and there is =P
    awesome. ill take winnipeg let me know what to doooo

Sent you a PM with order link.