Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hosting24
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hosting24

hunt695hunt695 Member
edited July 2019 in Providers

Hi all, new here and in need of advice.
I stumbled upon this:
cPanel Reseller Business from hosting24.com

I mostly need a lot of disk space for backups and emails. Unlimited bandwidth is also nice.
I'm use to cPanel.
Currently I'm paying around 10€/month for shared hosting:
KNOX MAXI mydataknox.com and all domains/content and emails are stuffed under that hosting package.

I got a bunch of clients/domains who don't really care about anything as long as their emails and websites are working.
I don't offer hosting, only charge small fee for website maintenance.

Now I'm looking for a long term and better solution to transfer some domains to new, reliable host and take reseller account this time - oh, and I considered VPS but that would simply be an overkill for my needs and I don't have time or experience to manage server.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member

Well gosh, I dunno. But here's some friendly advice for you anyway - may be a good idea to be aware that a first post on LET with SEO style links will be looked at with more than a little bit of skepticism ...

Please advise. :smiley:

Thanked by 2hunt695 Ympker
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2019

The end is nigh.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@uptime said:
    Well gosh, I dunno. But here's some friendly advice for you anyway - may be a good idea to be aware that a first post on LET with SEO style links will be looked at with more than a little bit of skepticism ...

hosting24 is owned by hostinger and LET market is like a penny in their clientele.

and no, don't go with them. Anything with hostinger is meant to be shit.

Thanked by 3ITLabs uptime hunt695
  • donlidonli Member

Go with hosting25.com. They're the one better.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

If you really need advice:

Buyshared @Francisco
    Myw @MikePT @MikeET @MikeAlien

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • uptimeuptime Member

mmm yeah, the SEO is strong in this one

@armandorg LET customers may not mean anything to hostinger but LET SEO juice has some kick.

So I think they're going to get some now. But not the kind they were hoping for.

• I've edited title and removed links, for the love of God guys I'm not affiliated with anything and will be more careful next time, just trying to get a solution for myself.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @armandorg said:

@uptime said:

hosting24 is owned by hostinger and LET market is like a penny in their clientele.

and no, don't go with them. Anything with hostinger is meant to be shit.

thanks for this, didn't know that

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@hunt695 said:
    I've edited title and removed links, for the love of God guys I'm not affiliated with anything and will be more careful next time, just trying to get a solution for myself.

buyshared.net and myw.pt

Thanked by 2hunt695 MikePT
  • level6level6 Member
    edited July 2019

@hunt695 said:
    I've edited title and removed links, for the love of God guys I'm not affiliated with anything and will be more careful next time, just trying to get a solution for myself.

For the record I believe you. You'll get good advice here, so hang in there.

Thanked by 3hunt695 ITLabs uptime
  • @level6 said:

@hunt695 said:

For the record I believe you. You'll get good advice here, so hang in there.

I just figured there is a "Thanks" button, but im gonna thank you the old fashioned way anyway.
    Thank you level6, will stay here.

Thanked by 1level6
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

What means "a lot of disk" in terms of numbers?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@hunt695 said:

Alrighty then - thanks for understanding, and welcome to LET ... (where paranoia is its own reward).

hunt695 said: I got a bunch of clients/domains who don't really care about anything as long as their emails and websites are working.

It might help to clarify how many exactly is "a bunch" - and what level of resources are you currently using or expecting to actually need in the near future.

The suggestion to specify resource limits is mainly in light of the fact that "unlimited cpanel reseller" providers are in for a significant license fee hike starting in September - some will probably deadpool, while some others will try to take advantage of an excuse to jerk their pricing upwards (even beyond covering their own increased costs) ...

So it may make sense to look for providers who manage their business differently - they'll either set reasonable limits on number of cpanel accounts for resellers - or will be moving to another panel (such as DirectAdmin). They'll usually be inclined to set specific limits on disk space, bandwidth, memory and cpu allocation, inodes, and so forth. If you can estimate what you actually will be needing to use you might do better to go with those more transparent providers rather than falling for marketing hype in the form of "unlimited" or similarly hyped supersized (aka oversold) deals.

I am actually relatively ignorant regarding the finer points of shared / reseller hosting so can't really offer much in the way of specific recommendations based on any actual experience. I'm recently just playing around with a few I found on LET and Hostballs: smallweb (@Mic-hael), extravm (@MikeA), MyW.pt (@MikePT), and Hostens (@hostens who may or may not have someone named Michael working there as well). These are all pretty decent as far as I can tell.

Also have noticed some "premium" shared / reseller hosting offers from drserver.net (@Radi) which I have not tried - though I am familiar with their excellent service from one of their dedicated server I've been using for over a year now.

Probably quite a few other decent options you'll find here. Would tend to agree that BuyShared (@Francisco) is probably one of the better established reliable ones with relatively cheap prices active on LET. InceptionHosting (@AnthonySmith) is another who definitely knows what they're doing. (I've been enjoying quality VPS products from both of these providers for long enough to know that they're the real deal.)

It might help to specify a preferred location as well if you need to narrow down your options at some point.

Good luck with your cpanel shared hosting reseller business! :)

EDIT2:

Just noticed this resource mentioned in another thread:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/155668/looking-for-shared-hosting-check-out-my-shared-reseller-provider-comparison-chart-to-be-updated

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@ITLabs, @uptime, thank you for the mention guys! :)

@hunt695,

We provide DirectAdmin with no account limits and MailChannels for superb email delivery. We also provide LiteSpeed, LSCache, Softaculous and Lets Encrypt.

Our limits are as follows:

CPU 200%
    RAM 2GB
    IO 10MB/s
    IOPS 4096
    Entry Processes 50
    Processes 200

We also migrations free of cost, including from cPanel. All data will be migrated accordingly.
    As pee our clients feedback regarding DirectAdmin, its really easy adapt to it, all functions are there and I believe your clients will like the panel.
    Our location is Falkenstein, Germany, EU (Hetzner)
    DDoS Protection is included and we offer unmetered bandwidth.

Should you be interested feel free to order any of our listed plans at www.myw.pt, do make sure to use the coupon 50OFF for 50% recurring, monthly or annually.

Any questions simply let me know! :)

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited July 2019

MikePT said: Our limits are as follows:

CPU 200%
    RAM 2GB
    IO 10MB/s
    IOPS 4096
    Entry Processes 50
    Processes 200

How much minimum and maximum GB space plans you offer? All of them have same resources as mentioned above or it differs from plan-to-plan.?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • uptimeuptime Member

@JasonM the shared hosting deal I got from @MikePT has 2 GB storage - looking at myw.pt I see up to 100 GB for the reseller plans listed there.

Thanked by 2JasonM MikePT
  • hunt695hunt695 Member
    edited July 2019

Guys, I think I found it: Misterhost - Reseller plan, what do you think?
    it has unlimited whatever and servers are in France (I needed EU, sorry for not mentioning that)

@uptime thank you for the warm welcome and your guides. I Really appreciate that.

Thanked by 2uptime Ympker
  • uptimeuptime Member

you're welcome and sorry to have greeted you with an SEO-suspect hazing!

I had a Misterhost reseller account a year ago but never used it so can't say much about it other than I think the consensus about them is that they're okay - they are back on this forum now (@MisterHost_NET) after being banned for some time due to some complaints about their marketing (I think possibly involving a shill account and/or not following some guidelines - don't remember exactly) - but that is all water under the bridge now apparently. @Ympker may be able to say more about their actual service and technical stuff - I am under the impression that it is supposed to be decent enough.

cheers!

Thanked by 2Ympker hunt695
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2019

@uptime said:
    you're welcome and sorry to have greeted you with an SEO-suspect hazing!

I had a Misterhost reseller account a year ago but never used it so can't say much about it other than I think the consensus about them is that they're okay - they are back on this forum now (@MisterHost_NET) after being banned for some time due to some complaints about their marketing (I think possibly involving a shill account and/or not following some guidelines - don't remember exactly) - but that is all water under the bridge now apparently. @Ympker may be able to say more about their actual service and technical stuff - I am under the impression that it is supposed to be decent enough.

cheers!

@hunt695

Tl;dr (browse my other posts for more info):

Performance is decent for what you pay. I used them when they still had their 2 MB/s limit and my wp websites were loading okay. Now they upped that to 5 MB/s and also improved some other things I believe. If you don't run super heavy weight sites and stellar performance is not what you necessarily need, then I recommend giving them a try. Support is pretty quick to reply.

About their practices of advertisement.. that's something else. For what it's worth their service has been around long enough (quite some years I believe) to be considered stable and the owner I talked to on the phone before I had my first service with them seemed nice.

@uptime their real tag here is @ZotiMediaGroup though :)

Thanked by 2uptime hunt695
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited July 2019

JasonM said: CPU 200%

RAM 2GB
    IO 10MB/s
    IOPS 4096
    Entry Processes 50
    Processes 200

How much minimum and maximum GB space plans you offer? All of them have same resources as mentioned above or it differs from plan-to-plan.?

The CloudLinux limits are the same for all accounts.

We offer accounts up to 1TB SSD if needed.

@uptime said:
    @JasonM the shared hosting deal I got from @MikePT has 2 GB storage - looking at myw.pt I see up to 100 GB for the reseller plans listed there.

Yep! Though via ticket we can do up to 1TB! :)

hunt695 said: Guys, I think I found it: Misterhost - Reseller plan, what do you think?
    it has unlimited whatever and servers are in France (I needed EU, sorry for not mentioning that)

@uptime thank you for the warm welcome and your guides. I Really appreciate that.

https://misterhost.net/reseller-hosting.html

Unlimited accounts aren't realistic given the current cPanel's pricing.
    From what I've heard their service is good, though! :)

Thanked by 3uptime JasonM hunt695
  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited July 2019

image Thanks! I'll check out the plans MikePT.

• hunt695hunt695 Member
    edited July 2019

Guys,
    today (14h), I've paid for Misterhost (Zoti Media Group) "Reseller" account and now (17:43h) my service is not active, it says that my invoice is "unpaid" (it is paid), sent paypal transaction confirmation to them, raised ticket, waited on chat window... No luck.

So much from Misterhost... Just wanted to share my experience with "unlimited" host so far.

Will keep you posted, I'm really curious what happens next

Edit (18:47): I've been messaged that there will be a full refund within 3 days.

• Tr33nTr33n Member

hunt695 said: today (14h)

hunt695 said: now (17:43h) my service is not active

hunt695 said: sent paypal transaction confirmation to them, raised ticket, waited on chat window...

hunt695 said: Edit (18:47): I've been messaged that there will be a full refund within 3 days.

Yeah, sometimes providers knows in advance that it's better not to have this client :smiley:

Thanked by 1imok
  • JasonMJasonM Member

@Tr33n did you asked for a refund or they offered it?

• hunt695hunt695 Member
    edited July 2019

JasonM said: @Tr33n did you asked for a refund or they offered it?

If this was a question for me - they offered a refund, but I did mention in my final ticket that if they are unable to provide service, provide refund.

Tr33n said: Yeah, sometimes providers knows in advance that it's better not to have this client

Something wrong with keeping track on things, getting advertised service that you paid for and warning others not to do the same mistake as I did?

• uptimeuptime Member

hunt695 said: Something wrong with keeping track on things, getting advertised service that you paid for and warning others not to do the same mistake as I did?

I'm guessing that the context here may be the (often reasonable but not universal) expectation that a new service will be setup within the span of a few hours.

LET me explain a bit ... Many low-end providers have found it necessary to do a manual review of new accounts, and some may take up to 24 hours to setup service (or sometimes even a longer delay - usually indicated as such when ordering.)

Similarly, low-end expectations for turnaround time for tickets is often days rather than hours.

Not to say that this is any sort of ideal to aspire to - but it does tend to represent the trade-off that bargain hunters here are used to. Sometimes we get lucky and find a host that manages to handle things instantaneous-like. But it's not unusual for things to take a bit longer - and people who know the deal might understand why and are correspondingly less likely to complain without more egregious cause for greivance. (The deal is, basically - human attention costs real money and is usually difficult to scale, while complete automation may require a level of expertise that also can demand a higher price.)

And another thing we're used to is providers filtering their low-end customers. It turns out that our $7 may not be sufficient to pay for the amount of psychotherapy necessary to deal with some of us. And - even worse for their bottom line - if someone is antsy for service, then antsy for a refund - there's a good chance they'll soon be filing a dispute with PayPal or their credit card issuer, which can cost the provider an outsize amount of money, time, and possibly even their payment account and business. So rather than take that risk, they'll just do a pre-emptive refund and be done with it. Nothing personal really.

I don't know exactly how much of all of this general context is specifically relevant to your transaction with misterhost - it's just meant to explain some of the responses to your report that one might come to expect after hanging out on this forum for a while. That is all.

Wishing you the very best of good luck with your quest for low-end high-quality service!

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@uptime said:

And another thing we're used to is providers filtering their low-end customers. It turns out that our $7 may not be sufficient to pay for the amount of psychotherapy necessary to deal with some of us.

I've been thinking of opening an online low-end shrink office, charging $7 an hour.

Thanked by 1uptime