Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί [LET Billing dep. support] Netcup contract and billing period
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[LET Billing dep. support] Netcup contract and billing period

sgheghelesgheghele Member
edited July 2019 in Help

Anybody with experience with Netcup VPSs? Their VPS prices are indicated with hourly and monthly prices.

On
https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2000

They write:

Contract period 0 Months
Billing period 6 Months

I ordered one and received a bill for six months of it. Not a big deal, but as the contract period is 0 months, how can I order one for one month only? Or do they reimburse pro rated if I cancel it before the end of the six months?

Appreciate any input before I try with them with my horrible German.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2019

Thank you for using LET Billing dep. support.

Someone will answer you shortly. Meanwhile, your ticket # is dep0190715666.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2019

Oh, how I've missed it! Netcup's "hourly" billingπŸ˜‚ Their approach to that is a bit "different" to say the least. You need to prepay the amount for 6 months which is then billed "hourly". Ugh. Makes me wanna puke every time. I mean, yeah, they maybe want to avoid invoices of 0,xx€ due to payment fees but what about handling it like other hourly billing providers that just wait until the invoice reach an amount of 5-10$ before billing the client?
    Or make people pay using account credit and only allow top ups of 5€+ ? There gotta be a different way, because clearly, there are hosts that manage to do different.

There's nothing wrong with Netcup service quality anyway.

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • hzrhzr Member

Does this solve your problem? You can close the ticket dep0190715666.

Please rate our customer service agent Ympker.

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Thanked by 2Ympker sgheghele
  • sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited July 2019

Ympker said: what about handling it like other hourly billing providers that just wait until the invoice reach an amount of 5-10$ before billing the client?
    Or make people pay using account credit and only allow top ups of 5€+ ?

I read it as "here is the hourly rate, here is the monthly cap. Use it as you like, we send you a bill twice per year with the sums".

Silly me, I guess :smiley:

There gotta be a different way, because clearly, there are hosts that manage to do different.

Hetzner bills once per month according to hourly usage.

Yeah, was planning to idle it for six months anyway ;-) will provide some benchmarks to compare it with Hetzner CX11.

@hzr said:

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

@Ympker always deserve nothing less than β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • hzrhzr Member

sgheghele said: Hetzner bills once per month according to hourly usage.

I want to say there is a postpaid vs prepaid difference somewhere.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@sgheghele said:

Ympker said: what about handling it like other hourly billing providers that just wait until the invoice reach an amount of 5-10$ before billing the client?
    Or make people pay using account credit and only allow top ups of 5€+ ?

I read it as "here is the hourly rate, here is the monthly cap. Use it as you like, we send you a bill twice per year with the sums".

Silly me, I guess :smiley:

There gotta be a different way, because clearly, there are hosts that manage to do different.

Hetzner bills once per month according to hourly usage.

Yeah, was planning to idle it for six months anyway ;-) will provide some benchmarks to compare it with Hetzner CX11.

@hzr said:

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

@Ympker always deserve nothing less than β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Maybe they've changed smth by now, but last time I checked you had to prepay for 6 months.

• @Ympker said:

Maybe they've changed smth by now, but last time I checked you had to prepay for 6 months.

Hetzner (cloud VPS is what I implicitly meant before as we are talking about VPSs here) charges monthly per hourly usage. I receive ridiculous bills like this one. Same with Scaleway. I pay with Paypal usually, not sure if it makes any difference, but payment is not automatic.

This is what swayed me with Netcup.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • FalzoFalzo Member

sgheghele said: Or do they reimburse pro rated if I cancel it before the end of the six months?

this.

Thanked by 2sgheghele Ympker
  • sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited July 2019

@Falzo said:

sgheghele said: Or do they reimburse pro rated if I cancel it before the end of the six months?

this.

That would make purchasing VPSs from them way juicer. Let's see how the VPS behaves. Thanks @Falzo and thank you LET for your (as always) very prompt replies!