Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP-Friends - vServer Sommerspecial 2019 SSD G2, €8.33 6 months, €9.99 3 months
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP-Friends - vServer Sommerspecial 2019 SSD G2, €8.33 6 months, €9.99 3 months

rchurchrchurch Member
edited July 2019 in General

PHP Friends have a summer sale on their vServer offering with 12Gb RAM, 160gb SSD

€9.99 for a 3 months term, €8.33 for 6 month term

https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd/vserver-sommerspecial-2019-ssd-g2

Lowend cheapskates are invited over to inflict benchmarks rapes on their servers and my host node as well.

Pity about the lack of affiliate codes

Comments

• Could you provide link?

Could PHP-Friends or someone provide screen captures of their control console?

• sanvitsanvit Member

https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd/vserver-sommerspecial-2019-ssd-g2

It's 9.99EUR/mo in 3 months term (incl. VAT)

• edited July 2019

Isn't the G3 with Gold 6140 better for 8.99?
    (Although less disk)

• @danielcardosopt said:
    Isn't the Gold 6140 better for 8.99?

You get 12Gb RAM and 160Gb SSD storage, unless NVMe is your preference.

• @greattomeetyou said:
    Could you provide link?

They use SolusVM

• refikrefik Member

@PHP_Friends need translate site to english, or I couldnt find.

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@danielcardosopt said:
    (Although less disk)

The CPU is faster, yes, but the special offer has much more storage and RAM.

• I can only recommend them. Very good customer support, cheap prices and great servers!

Thanked by 2dataforest Ympker
  • is a vserver like a hybrid server? is this a recurring discount?

@buzzyLET said:
    is this a recurring discount?

Yes.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited July 2019

@greattomeetyou said:

I am a customer with them for 8 months now and they have been great.

• AkaikeAkaike Member
    edited July 2019

@PHP_Friends said:

@danielcardosopt said:
    (Although less disk)

Guys, A few years ago I was a customer for at least two years+. Still waiting for something new from you :(.

For everyone: They are super good! Very friendly!

Thanked by 1dataforest

@Akaike said:
    Guys, A few years ago I was a customer for at least two years+. Still waiting for something new from you :(.

What do you mean? The third generation (G3) has been released only two months ago :)

• hzrhzr Member

I do wish they were more upfront about "1gbps" "kostenlos" and just put 5TB there instead of making me navigate through multiple pages.. would make it easier to compare offerings for high bandwidth users

Thanked by 2Ouji coreflux
  • OujiOuji Member

@hzr said:
    I do wish they were more upfront about "1gbps" "kostenlos" and just put 5TB there instead of making me navigate through multiple pages.. would make it easier to compare offerings for high bandwidth users

That's what thought. So "kostenlos" in this case means 5TB...

• williewillie Member

Do you think you might ever have hourly servers (or even daily/weekly)? Sometimes I get a computational appetite that my dedi won't fill, but that I don't expect to last for a whole month...

• edited July 2019

@PHP_Friends said:

@danielcardosopt said:
    (Although less disk)

Don't need anything else to convince me. You had me at hello :smile:

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • grandfsograndfso Member
    edited July 2019

Hi @PHP_Friends , can i get additional storage for this machine?

• @grandfso said:

You can choose from here.

• AkaikeAkaike Member

@PHP_Friends said:

@Akaike said:

What do you mean? The third generation (G3) has been released only two months ago :)

I was talking to you guys and you told me that you are working on something new - beside PHP-Friends. I wanted to know if you will develop PHP-Friends - like develop your own control panel. Did your plans change or is it super secret :D?

• Anyone know how performance is on Nested KVM?

@Ouji said:

@hzr said:

No matter how we do it, we are doing it wrong in someone's eyes. That's the main learning from the last few years. :sweat_smile: We provide transparent information about the included traffic with dedicated bandwidth. After that, we reserve the right to throttle to 10 Mbps (which is not done automatically as we simply don't had any such case yet).

Most competitors more or less hide this information with "*", don't provide dedicated (!) bandwidth but information like "1 Gbps port but just 200 Mbps guaranteed", ...

We had this fair use thing before where we simply had a information like "X TB, but we don't throttle or bill you, we will contact you if you use much more". Great for customers who know us and understand that we do a really fair providing, but horrible for customers who want specific "rules" for traffic usage. That's why we changed it to the current model.

Best Regards,
    Tim

Thanked by 3Ouji pike chrisp

@willie said:
    Do you think you might ever have hourly servers (or even daily/weekly)?

There's nothing planned currently.

@danielcardosopt said:

@grandfso said:

You can choose from here.

For the G2 servers, we can offer 50% discount to the "old" prices, just contact our support :)

@Akaike said:
    I was talking to you guys and you told me that you are working on something new - beside PHP-Friends. I wanted to know if you will develop PHP-Friends - like develop your own control panel. Did your plans change or is it super secret :D?

Now I get it. Yes, we are indeed working on something brand-new, but it will take some time though.

• OpenVZ or KVM?

• @jeromeza said:
    OpenVZ or KVM?

KVM

• OujiOuji Member

@PHP_Friends said:

@Ouji said:

@hzr said:

No matter how we do it, we are doing it wrong in someone's eyes. That's the main learning from the last few years. :sweat_smile: We provide transparent information about the included traffic with dedicated bandwidth. After that, we reserve the right to throttle to 10 Mbps (which is not done automatically as we simply don't had any such case yet).

Most competitors more or less hide this information with "*", don't provide dedicated (!) bandwidth but information like "1 Gbps port but just 200 Mbps guaranteed", ...

We had this fair use thing before where we simply had a information like "X TB, but we don't throttle or bill you, we will contact you if you use much more". Great for customers who know us and understand that we do a really fair providing, but horrible for customers who want specific "rules" for traffic usage. That's why we changed it to the current model.

Best Regards,
    Tim

Alright. That's fair enough.
    Thanks, Tim.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • pikepike Veteran

@PHP_Friends said:
    but horrible for customers who want specific "rules" for traffic usage.

aka. german customers.

• Just ordered 1. How long until it's up? :)

Thanked by 1Ympker

@aaronstuder said:
    Just ordered 1. How long until it's up? :)

In our business hours only a few minutes after payment.