Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need low cost yearly storage VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need low cost yearly storage VPS

ryotsuryotsu Member
edited July 2019 in Requests

Something that can beat OVZ 128 at https://www.liteserver.nl/en/storage-vps-series-openvz-vps/ in terms of specs and price. It is 13.6 EUR / year with recurring discount coupon from website officially.

@cociu I heard only you can design such a yearly VPS. Thanks in advance!

@LiteServer Maybe, you can beat your own offer?

Comments

• donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

To get the best responses, please specify how much space you are looking for.

• ryotsuryotsu Member

@donli said:
    To get the best responses, please specify how much space you are looking for.

Whatever best deal that one can offer vs the deal I linked. 250G for same price if possible please.

• beaglebeagle Member

If you are looking for UK or US try Inception Hosting : @AnthonySmith

from 100GB - EUR 13/yr

UK: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=31
    US: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=30

Thanked by 3AnthonySmith uptime Lex
  • ryotsuryotsu Member

@beagle Thanks. Will check!

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@ryotsu those prices are about as good as it gets right now - outside of any serious promotions (which may not happen until November)

Anyway, +1 for InceptionHosting which does beat it by just a hair, with KVM / semi-dedicated core / 1 GB ram / 200 GB storage for €6.25 quarterly (so €25 per year)

Also - if Bulgarian location would work for you - might check AlphaVPS.bg for good storage deals (if @AlexBarakov still has any in stock). In any case - something to keep an eye on when Black Friday sales come around.

Also HostHatch sometimes has excellent prices for annual storage deals (usually Black Friday sales, sometimes - rarely - other promotions). For instance I picked up a 250 GB storage KVM in Stockholm for $15 yearly. (And now I am spoiled.)

All that said ... it seems like storage prices have been coming down a bit - used to expect KVM deals to be at least $7 per TB per month. Now starting to see more block storage deals closer to $5 per TB per month (plus something for the KVM that attaches to the storage). See BuyVM slabs and LetBox for example.

To add to the list of recommended storage providers (ignoring your budget now): UltraVPS.eu and CrownCloud are solid options with locations in both Europe and USA - but closer to $7 per TB per month last time I checked.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • ryotsuryotsu Member
    edited July 2019

@uptime For 7 EUR if I were to buy today, I could get a dedibox in France or NL with C2350 with 1TB of HDD and 4G of RAM, there is no setup fee on it.

I really appreciate your suggestions. Yes, AlphaVPS had real good deals a couple of months or weeks ago. I remember.

I know about UltraVPS.eu.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • niceboyniceboy Veteran

Probably, hosthatch will have a new offer in July. I suggest you wait for it. I myself have a hosthatch 2TB storage box at $72/year with 2GB ram and 2 dedicated cpu cores! (it was a BF offer last year).

Thanked by 2uptime Shot2
  • ryotsuryotsu Member

@niceboy I am looking for cheap yearly deals. Nothing above 15 EUR would make me happy.

I know if we pay more, we can get real good deals. I believe @cociu has nice summer storage deal, which was cheapest for 1TB of storage.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

ryotsu said: Nothing above 15 EUR would make me happy.

tough crowd ... lol :smiley:

EDIT2: HostHatch has done deals for 250 GB in the past. I'm very happy with the one I got from them last BF.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • ryotsuryotsu Member

@uptime Nice. :D how much did you pay?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

ryotsu said: how much did you pay?

$15 USD

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • ryotsuryotsu Member

@uptime Still available?

• uptimeuptime Member

ryotsu said: Still available?

not to my knowledge, but something to keep an eye out for (stalk @Abdullah - there were some mumblings about new deals coming soon)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Wait until November.

• ryotsuryotsu Member

@uptime Thanks!

@deank Can't.

Then pay more.

• ryotsuryotsu Member

@deank can't again :disappointed:

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2019

At the prices you're talking about, an ipv4 address will consume most of the cost. I wonder if you can stack 2x or 3x wishosting.com OpenVZ Mini which is a $2.99/year NAT plan with 40gb storage. Or if it's for static files, consider either C14 or Backblaze object storage at around 0.5 cents per GB monthly, so your 250GB would be around 15/year (euro or $ depending).

@exception0x876 I notice wishosting.com site is bog slow, you might look into it.

Anyway the suggestions you've gotten are good.

Thanked by 1exception0x876

Then no soup for you!

/thread

The end is nigh.

• willie said: I wonder if you can stack 2x or 3x wishosting.com OpenVZ Mini which is a $2.99/year NAT plan with 40gb storage.

"1 VM per account"

• williewillie Member

skorous said: "1 VM per account"

Yes I'm wondering about a single VM with more disk space (and maybe other stuff). It would be up to @exception0x876 and might depend on current state of the host node.

• Ah, I made the mistake of buying two of those. Figured you just didn't see it like I didn't and was going to save you the trouble.

• williewillie Member

Anyway yea, @ryotsu, trying to cheap out like this is unbecoming even for LET. It's one thing to see an exceptional offer and grab it, and another to go nickel and diming over something easily available and affordable. It makes you sound like a potentially difficult customer.

That said, NAT or ipv6-only storage plans in this price range are worthwhile products and it would be nice to have more of them. If their main use is backing up other servers they don't really need dedicated v4.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited July 2019

@willie said:
    @exception0x876 I notice wishosting.com site is bog slow, you might look into it.

Thanks, it seems someone decided to test our website DDoS protection, working on a fix.

Edit: it should be fine now.

Thanked by 2uptime dahartigan
  • ryotsuryotsu Member

Thanks all for contributing.