Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap colocation providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap colocation providers

Hello,

I have been researching colo providers and the cheapest I've found is $55/mo for 1gbit 1u 1amp

Are there any providers that offer similar for 30-40/mo? USA preferably east cost

Comments

• ArchArch Member

That's quite cheap for the East Coast, what are your specific requirements when it comes to resources? 1A @ 120V or 1A @ 230-240V?

• @Arch said:
    That's quite cheap for the East Coast, what are your specific requirements when it comes to resources? 1A @ 120V or 1A @ 230-240V?

230-240V would be needed

• LyphiardLyphiard Member, Host Rep

With the cost of power, you're not likely to find 1a @ 208V for $30-40, especially in the east coast.

Is the $55 offer you currently have with 1A @ 120V or 208V?

• loael123loael123 Member
    edited July 2019

@Lyphiard said:
    With the cost of power, you're not likely to find 1a @ 208V for $30-40, especially in the east coast.

Is the $55 offer you currently have with 1A @ 120V or 208V?

it's 2 amps @ 120 but with discount

• Aquanx has very good 1u colo. 1gbit unmetered line and 1amp. San Francisco Bay Area based hosting too.

I’ve done Speedtest and get steady 950+ down/up.

I’m not running anything mission critical so I have only a 5 minute uptime Monitor; but this is what output it shows for last 30 days.

It was recorded on 2019-06-14 16:02:31 and the downtime lasted for 0 hrs, 1 mins.

Thanked by 2uptime willie
  • hoslerhosler Member

dacentec has some good prices

• @hosler said:
    dacentec has some good prices

Ah, I only looked at their Buffalo location, their NC location seems perfect! Thanks for the suggestion

• RadWebHostingRadWebHosting Member, Host Rep

@loael123 said:
    Are there any providers that offer similar for 30-40/mo? USA preferably east cost

Check smaller markets like St. Louis, Kansas City, etc for this budget