Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can cPanel yearly and 3 yr licenses be transferred?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can cPanel yearly and 3 yr licenses be transferred?

With the new pricing scheme I am certain yearly and 3 yr licenses just shot up in value. Can they be transferred between hosts? If not, it sure makes small hosts with 1 and 3 yr licenses quite valuable for an acquirer with lots of reseller accounts (large financial exposure) and month to month licenses.

Comments

• Detective, get on the case.

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

if you bought it through BuycPanel, yet, it is trivial even if they dont allow it strictly speaking, usually I am against that sort of thing but in this case, I am not bothered at all.

if someone wants to pay me a fat stack for the 6 months remaining on my licenses I will switch to monthly on new ones haha.

Thanked by 2DA_Mark anyNode
  • DA_MarkDA_Mark Member
    edited July 2019

Coming soon to a darkweb near you... Drugs, weapons, and control panel licenses. :smirk:

• @da_mark there is nothing unethical about buying a small host with a valuable underutilized asset. Just as its not unethical to change an underperforming retail price from 299 to 299 plus 99 a year. The 5 year cost is 695 vs 299 for retail price. It's all a matter of perspective- isn't it?

• anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

@TinFoil2019 said:
    @da_mark there is nothing unethical about buying a small host with a valuable underutilized asset. Just as its not unethical to change an underperforming retail price from 299 to 299 plus 99 a year. The 5 year cost is 695 vs 299 for retail price. It's all a matter of perspective- isn't it?

He's trying to ensure his company doesn't follow cPanel's suit in 2 years time, I see no problem with that, free updates on a lifetime license was a way to draw people in. Following the cPanel hike that is no longer feasible so he has grandfathered existing users and changed new (with a decent time frame)

His point/joke still stands "Coming soon to a darkweb near you... Drugs, weapons, and control panel licenses."

• @anyNode and a company buying a smaller host is trying to ensure their survival as well. No different than what he is doing. But everyone is latching on to DA as the great hope to slay cPanel. Financial survival tactics in both cases. Survival in both cases. One isnt any more altruistic or ethical that the other

• DA_MarkDA_Mark Member
    edited July 2019

Revised to ensure it's seen as a joke. @TinFoil2019 Yeah I totally get where you are coming from. And if it's from someone trustworth like Anthony then you are good to go. We had a brief spell where people would buy a license, sell it "used", then issue a chargeback. And then I'd spend hours mediating, comping the victim, dealing with the dispute, etc.

Darkweb does seem more logical, now that I think about it. :wink:

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2019

DA_Mark said: Coming soon to a darkweb near you... Drugs, weapons, and control panel licenses.

Link? #askingforafriend

• @Lee said:

Link? #askingforafriend

cpanelsucks dot onyon

• If cpanel doesn't give a shit about ethic, why would us?

• I think you cant transfer it.