Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Dedicated Server Terrible Upload Speed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Dedicated Server Terrible Upload Speed

Thanos92Thanos92 Member
edited July 2019 in General

Hello! I bought a Dedicated server from Hetzner (first time here) with Windows Server 2016 but my Upload speed its terrible..Or can i say better is very unstable! What i mean ? Some times i get over 100mbps upload speed, but the most time my upload spees is from 1mbps to 3mbps! I talk with support and they say me they dont see any problem to my connection! I join to my second server to an other company and the upload speed its fine! So i am sure i have problem with Hetzner! What can i do ?

Speed Test

DOWNLOAD Mbps 923.74
UPLOAD Mbps 890.69

My server location is: Finland maybe this is the problem ? Have 2 choises: German or Finland!

Comments

• cociucociu Member

can you paste a traceroute from 2 locations ?

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited July 2019

To where are you uploading (location)? That is the important part

• @sanvit said:

I havr different locations!

• sanvitsanvit Member

@Thanos92 said:

@sanvit said:

So where are you uploading to? Be specific. For example, Hetzner to other EU locations should be relatively fast, but Hetzner to eastern asia (or any EU host to eastern asia) or western america is relatively slow

• @sanvit said:

@Thanos92 said:

@sanvit said:

So where are you uploading to? Be specific. For example, Hetzner to other EU locations should be relatively fast, but Hetzner to eastern asia (or any EU host to eastern asia) or western america is relatively slow

I upload to Google Drive and Rapidgator some backups and some video files.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • Ask the hetzner support?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Again, saw this coming.

• PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
    edited July 2019

Hey @Thanos92 i have a Hetzner box, and when I upgraded servers over there with a fresh install of windows I was faced with the same slowness issue to gDrive. I tried everything I could think of to get the 500mbps single thread upload I got on my old server (drivers, windows updates, group policy, etc). Nothing worked to fix my issues.

Thankfully I still had the old server and was able to use the rescue system to clone the OS disk from the old properly working server to the new one. Maybe this is a solution for you if you had a previous working service available.

But I can say for a fact it’s not Hetzner’s network (Mine is also in Finland connects to google Amsterdam), it’s some unknown problem in software on the server.

https://joshuarogers.net/remotely-mirroring-disk-linux

I use FileZilla pro mostly for transfers to/from google drive if you wanted to give that a shot.

Thanked by 1Thanos92
  • Thanos92 said: So i am sure i have problem with Hetzner! What can i do ?

Before blaming Hetzner you should first make sure it's not a problem on your end.
    Boot to rescue, create a reasonably sized test file and upload it to your locations from there.

If you get the same problems from the rescue system then you know it's not likely that it is your OS Configuration which leaves the transfer destination or the Hetzner network as problem source. If the speed from the rescue is perfectly fine but not from your Win OS then you made some mistake configuring Windows properly.

If you can push 1Gbps or close to it from a different provider at the same time you tried with Hetzner a few times you can then mark off the the destination as most likely not to be the problem but I'd have a look at how Hetzner and your other Provider peers to the destination first.

Afterwards you could contact Hetzner Support again with your checklist and everything you did and ask them to look into it again. The more info they have the better they can help you out.

The Finland location itself is pretty good I can saturate the connection fully whenever I need it to upload to our other EU locations, I don't know about US / APAC because I don't use Hetzner to upload to those. If Hetzner tells you that they see no problem with their network or your port they will most likely be right.

Thanked by 2Thanos92 uptime
  • Is Iperf3 available for windows?

• emilvemilv Member

I'm experiencing it too, ssh even feels lagged.

• @vimalware said:
    Is Iperf3 available for windows?

Yes it is! What can i do ?

• vimalware said: Is Iperf3 available for windows?

Yes

• LeviLevi Member

Maybe there is not enough ppwer in your IPoAC power unit?

Anyway, contact hetz for support with traceroute/iperf results.

• FalzoFalzo Member

• BopieBopie Member

Windows on hetzner is always a problem, Google well give you many fixes :) but best thing is to install the OS from iso via kvm and make sure if Linux that you have newest kernal

Thanked by 1Thanos92