Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OneProvider Torrenting Policy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneProvider Torrenting Policy

Do public trackers go well with OneProvider? Any past experiences of getting any notices?

I am trying to get the 25 euro dedi (E3-1230 v3)

P.s - Read so many pages around the internet, but all mentioned they don't care about it. But I wanted to know you guys' experience, if any.

Comments

• As with all non-seedbox providers, it is fine until it isn't. Don't do public torrents on general purpose dedicated servers. Go for a seedbox or a DMCA-friendly VPS provider (example, BuyVM).

Thanked by 1uptime
  • big company dont allow torrents.but you can try provider who run a few cage in data center.they will do that.

• sanvitsanvit Member

Use a VPN/Proxy for your own sake

• Shot2Shot2 Member

The real providers (some of whom don't really care) will likely just forward stuff to OneProv, and then OneProv will likely just kick you out :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

If you read their terms it confirms that as long as you pay more than a morning coffee they will stand in front of you beaching copyright laws like an iron legal shield, it goes on to confirm that you don't need to worry about anything so be sloppy and use public trackers to save effort.

Section 13 paragraph 37.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    If you read their terms it confirms that as long as you pay more than a morning coffee they will stand in front of you beaching copyright laws like an iron legal shield, it goes on to confirm that you don't need to worry about anything so be sloppy and use public trackers to save effort.

Section 13 paragraph 37.

In layman's terms please :smile:

• uptimeuptime Member

ShihabSoft said: In layman's terms please

YHBT, HAND

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited July 2019

They aren’t strict from my “sources”

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ShihabSoft said: In layman's terms please

In layman's terms, don't do it :)

Thanked by 2ShihabSoft ITLabs
  • That sums up all I guess. I already have a Hetzner SB29, I'll do occasional torrenting but came to know that they are very strict about it. So thought of canccelling their dedi and finding one which I can use for general purpose plus also very moderate torrenting, mostly public trackers. After a long haul of internet search, came to know that OneProvider doesn't care too much about torrenting. But as some of you stated, they may care.

Also I didn't wanna go through the hassle of getting a separate VPN routing only torrent traffic through it. Also my budget is very limited, can't afford to spend on more.

• offline dot net and sisters-solution.ro have been good for me, for the occassional public 'grab'

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @vimalware said:
    offline dot net and sisters-solution.ro have been good for me, for the occassional public 'grab'

That specific offer seem to be provided by online.net I guess. Old online.net server being resold.

• jiiikoojiiikoo Member
    edited July 2019

Get a seedbox.io Leaseweb server. They don't care one bit. Also, way better customer service and not much more expensive.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

@vimalware said:
    offline dot net and sisters-solution.ro have been good for me, for the occassional public 'grab'

sisters-solution is just perfect for mission-critical-f*ckya-dmca-seeding-stuff

Thanked by 1roast
  • ofitofit Member

@sgheghele said:
    As with all non-seedbox providers, it is fine until it isn't. Don't do public torrents on general purpose dedicated servers. Go for a seedbox or a DMCA-friendly VPS provider (example, BuyVM).

Are BuyVM @Francisco allow torrenting?

• roastroast Member

@ofit said:

@sgheghele said:
    As with all non-seedbox providers, it is fine until it isn't. Don't do public torrents on general purpose dedicated servers. Go for a seedbox or a DMCA-friendly VPS provider (example, BuyVM).

Are BuyVM @Francisco allow torrenting?

Every provider allows torrent until and unless it's legal and does not attract abuses

• roastroast Member

@vimalware said:

if you got spare sisters

• I have a small box with OneProvider and they've been friendly so far to it...

• ofitofit Member

What about netcup and inception Hosting torrent policy?

• @ofit said:
    What about netcup and inception Hosting torrent policy?

Netcup is a no go. Don't torrent in servers hosted in Germany.

• Thanks for all your input guys.

OneProvider support told me it's allowed as long as it's under their AUP.

Thanked by 1ITLabs