Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2019 Budget android TV box from China - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2019 Budget android TV box from China

2»

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member

@noaman the cnx-software blog does good analysis of tv boxes (and a lot of other stuff too) - recommend you check it out if you haven't already.

Thanked by 1noaman
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@noaman said:

@Nekki said:
    Every time I buy a Chinese brand Android TV box something goes wrong. The worst two were the box that immediately melted and the one with the remote that smelt of burning every time you put the batteries in.

Could you tell me the exact models to avoid un future if I decide to purchase Chinese boxes?

No, that would require far more effort than I’m
    prepared to expend.

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • noamannoaman Member

@Nekki said:

@noaman said:

@Nekki said:
    Every time I buy a Chinese brand Android TV box something goes wrong. The worst two were the box that immediately melted and the one with the remote that smelt of burning every time you put the batteries in.

Could you tell me the exact models to avoid un future if I decide to purchase Chinese boxes?

No, that would require far more effort than I’m
    prepared to expend.

Please pretty please
    :blush:

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

Have a Mi Box performance is really good upto 1080P (can not play blu-ray movies properly 60-70% time) , however when used with 4K TV performance is very bad, most of the time can not even play 4K videos.One thing I like about Mi Box is it comes with built-in Chromecast . Now switched to Roku Ultra and Roku stick+ and happy with them.

• Tronsmart Android boxes are good. I have them bought for a couple of friends and have been running good for quite some years

• vedranvedran Veteran

I've tried about a dozen of those cheap Chinese boxes (in $20-$60 range) and all except one worked pretty much flawlessly for what I expect them to do (don't care about Netflix or 4k playback). No overheating, wifi can sometimes be spotty but I always use cable so I don't really care about it.

The only real problem is crappy software and complete lack of updates. On most of those you can install open/libreelec or linux.

• noamannoaman Member

@vedran said:
    I've tried about a dozen of those cheap Chinese boxes (in $20-$60 range) and all except one worked pretty much flawlessly for what I expect them to do (don't care about Netflix or 4k playback). No overheating, wifi can sometimes be spotty but I always use cable so I don't really care about it.

The only real problem is crappy software and complete lack of updates. On most of those you can install open/libreelec or linux.

Yea I agree about the software updates

I think I might buy the option 3 The one with S905X2.

I am aware of the fact that S905X3 boxes will be coming soon...but in paper I really doubt there would be any difference as both will have the same G31 GPU.

The only difference i see is in AI Neural Networks which translates to better voice assistant

Rockchip and Allwinner H6 both have the same over heating issue (atleast what I have heard)

Thanx for every one guidance