Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN for work environment
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN for work environment

gksgks Member

We are looking for a VPN service, a reliable one with a static IP setup that can help us to connect our systems. This is for work environment, we have few production servers which we want to access only through VPN.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Why not make your own setup? That way you can be sure that it's somewhat secure, and keep control on accounts etc.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • gksgks Member

@datanoise, is that easy to setup VPN? Say for example, If I take Hetzner 2/4 GB RAM, will it do? I am not done anything before like this.

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

We offer static IPs and routed subnets via VPN: https://freerangecloud.com/cart.php?gid=11

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited July 2019

@gks said:
    @datanoise, is that easy to setup VPN? Say for example, If I take Hetzner 2/4 GB RAM, will it do? I am not done anything before like this.

It is very simple to set up (varys by software but still pretty simple to set up), and won't require much resource except for bandwidth (for obvious reasons).

The simplest to set up will be Outline (not the fastest, but really easy to set up and has a GUI) or OpenVPN script by @Nyr (more compatible with other softwares).

I'm personally running outline on AWS Lightsail 512M instance and it's super fast.

Thanked by 1gks
  • gks said: easy to setup VPN? Say for example, If I take Hetzner 2/4 GB RAM

Yeah, unless you have an aweful lot of clients connecting a decent 1core / 512MB RAM VPS should be more than enough. @Nyr script is a great start if you want to use openvpn. Wireguard can be worth checking out as well.

• @gks said:

Really easy to create:
    https://github.com/l-n-s/wireguard-install