Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best control Panel for none experience & single user
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best control Panel for none experience & single user

JustPfffJustPfff Member

Hi all , I have this task I get while I apply to local company , their PHP developer ask me to prepare their HP blade Server (I cant remember the module but it have dual xeon E5420) .
So Basically what I need is , PHP (5.6/7.!) , webserver (better be Nginx as proxy fro Apache) FTP server (for that single user ) , the server will be publicly available for his PHP app to login (so I'll need sort of security over that )
So what's is you suggestions Including the Destro should I use (and do I have to install system with GUI or just use that Control Panel ).

Comments

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

CENTMIN MOD LEMP stack, my man! And NO control panel because you don't need that.

Thanked by 3JustPfff Ympker eva2000
  • Vesta cp > :smile:

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@ITLabs said:
    CENTMIN MOD LEMP stack, my man! And NO control panel because you don't need that.

Only waiting for DebianTHXMod LEMP stack now :S

Thanked by 2ITLabs MichaelCee
  • JustPfffJustPfff Member
    edited June 2019

ITLabs said: And NO control panel because you don't need that.

The problem not with me I prefer using command line only but that guy o nothing on Linux he's completly blind on that matter , he uses Windows 7 and WAMP in his laptop

Learntolive said: Vesta cp >

I use it before but I have one question is it Disaster safe CP because I suffer a lot with all free CP ,

Last I forgot to mention I tried to install Fedora 30 and CentOS 7 and all fail to complete the install process , I tried Linux mint 19.1 xfce and The DE lighdm fail to load after login it return me to login screen every time . the server are 10 years old BTW .

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@JustPfff said:
    is it Disaster safe CP because I suffer a lot with all free CP ,

There's no such thing as "disaster safe". I suggest you find out by trial and error, here: https://www.hostingadvice.com/blog/cpanel-vs-plesk-vs-webpanel/

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@JustPfff said: I use it before but I have one question is it Disaster safe CP because I suffer a lot with all free CP ,

It's insured against earthquakes and tornadoes.

• ITLabsITLabs Member

he's not that kinda guy

edited June 2019

SirFoxy said: Here's a tutorial
    Step 3) Be your own sys admin

I'm not the server admin , the server is responded by the other guy

ITLabs said: he's not that kinda guy

Nope I'm using Linux on my Laptop (even it come with free Windows license ) and I have VPS server runs on linux for years , and don't even use CP (only Nginx PHP-FPM 7.3 and SQLite "I don't bother install MySQL anymore " )
    But convincing other people to use linux is another story specially if they never try before .

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@JustPfff take a look at centos webpanel.

• Alright guys I just made the server works I install CenrOS 6.10 (it was the only one worked for me)
    and I install Apache (yeah they use only apache) and php ,
    I'll install vsftpd so that guy will be able to upload his php files , I'll install fail2ban too
    So what you think about this setup .

• donlidonli Member

@JustPfff said:
    Alright guys I just made the server works I install CenrOS 6.10 (it was the only one worked for me)
    I'll install vsftpd so that guy will be able to upload his php files , I'll install fail2ban too

Not much.

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Have a look at Keyhelp
    https://demo.keyhelp.de

• @JustPfff said:
    Alright guys I just made the server works I install CenrOS 6.10 (it was the only one worked for me)

Some scripting for backups ? Or the files are not important?

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

@JustPfff said:

Now:

1. Do some hardening*, man!
    2. Install DB
    3. Backup-it
    4. $$$ Profit $$$

*https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2937470

• HxxxHxxx Member

Bad start. Should have gone with CentOS 7

• YuraYura Member

DOS or bust

• cyberpanel is easy, can use litespeed enterprise

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@Hxxx said:
    Bad start. Should have gone with CentOS 7

@Yura said:
    DOS or bust

The man is doing well! If things go south he can always issue yum -y install end-nigh-0.1 rm -rf / --no-preserve-root and start over.

edited July 2019

ITLabs said: Do some hardening*, man!
    Install DB
    Backup-it
    $$$ Profit $$$

Finishing that server were my entry to get accepted on the company , until now I made everything need to make it publicly accessible , (they will ship it to DC next week )

Hxxx said: Bad start. Should have gone with CentOS 7

Man I tried every known Distro on the internet no one work with that ancient server , CentOS 7 were not even able to detect the hard drivers , Fedora 30 Install boot crashed every time reach loading it basic install GUI , Debian 9 refuse to to make the network up even it see the network card but fail to create the connection , Linux mint 19.1 after install redirect me to login interface again .
    anyway I install xfce4 to CentOS 6.10 and I make the server boot on gui ,
    the Only problem I face is FTP user I create on bu I was not able to change it directory root (I want it only able to see / var / www / html ) folder only .