Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH GRA1 heating issue ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH GRA1 heating issue ?

XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep
edited June 2019 in Outages

Hello,

I have 2 servers in France GRA1 datacenter. one of them died 14 hours ago . phoned the support and they told me its due to heating issue and the problem should be fixed in 1 hour or so .
I was wondering if you anyone else is having same problem or am I dreaming because my other GRA1 server is still up :| .

Comments

• While I didn't have any hard system crashes, I had many alerts all through yesterday on temperatures (my HDD temp shot up till ~49 C) and I think this is all to do with the heat wave in France. The cooling system isn't able to cope. Luckily no issues for me yet.

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

so after 14 hours I can access IPMI now and I'm getting No Signal, however I still can't reboot server.
    looks like they have incident here
    http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=39286

even though its closed my server is still dead .

• @XSLTel said:
    so after 14 hours I can access IPMI now and I'm getting No Signal, however I still can't reboot server.
    looks like they have incident here
    http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=39286

even though its closed my server is still dead .

Open an incident ticket - They’ve obviously resolved the heating issue but there might be a further issue with your server that specifically needs to be resolved.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2019

XSLTel said: my other GRA1 server is still up .

Check the HDD temperature, just install and run hddtemp /dev/sdX. Mine in RBX are fine (33 and 34 C).

• marvelmarvel Member

I have public cloud in GRA, no issues. Sometimes you forget your servers run on actual hardware when something like this happens :)

Anyway it's not really hot there anymore.

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

I got a reply from them indicating the motherboard was out of order and they had to replace it :| .
    its back up thanks everyone for confirming the heating issue.