Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hourly VPS [Different from other threads] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hourly VPS [Different from other threads]

2»

Comments

• mlcmlc Member

@mlc said:
    Maybe VPSServer is a good choose, you can add $5 first and start it, you also can add funds from $1. But you must verify your identity.
    Detials: [removed by moderator]

Well, this link not jump to blogspam or affiliate link inner, just short my link which I want show you. Sorry for that.

• @mlc I didnt see any hourly billing there though

• mlcmlc Member

@timelapse said:
    @mlc I didnt see any hourly billing there though

It's really paid by the hour. I'm using it myself. The website here:
    https://www.vpsserver.com

• sanvitsanvit Member

@timelapse said:

@sanvit said:

@timelapse said:
    Im also interested in this. Im new to Vultr and such. I read that if its your first time signing up, you get $50? Then that expires after a month? What about credit you topup? Does that expire too?

I want to install Zimbra on a vps to test something out and it requires 8 gb ram. I read @uptime say that I can run it on Vultr hourly rate then save as snapshot then destroy. Then I can spin up new 8 gb vps and use my snapshot again?

Can someone pls enlighten me? Im a newbie so apologies if I really sound dumb. Thank you!

The $50 expires in 30 days. afaik topped up credits and affiliate credits don't expire. And yes you can create a snapshot and destroy the VPS and re-create afterwards with the snapshot. You won't get the same IP address though

Btw you can sign up with this link to get $50 for 30 days on Vultr and help me out :)

Thank you Sanvit. I registered using your link but it said my prepaid card is not eligible. Then I removed the free credits and I tried to buy credits but again got another error saying declined by my card issuer.

You can choose PayPal and pay $1 by clicking the + button and manually entering the amount

• williewillie Member

KJLegit said: It'd be used as a load balancer

Load balancer but you don't want monthly billing. Sounds legit, or at least KJLegit.

• @mlc said:

@timelapse said:

Trial for 8 gb is not available

• @timelapse said:

@mlc said:

@timelapse said:

You can only trial up to 4 gb. Then according to chat for 6 gb and above you have to make a deposit for the monthly plan then you are billed hourly. But they wont say how much you are billed hourly. That is sketchy.

• @sanvit said:

@timelapse said:

@sanvit said:

@timelapse said:
    Im also interested in this. Im new to Vultr and such. I read that if its your first time signing up, you get $50? Then that expires after a month? What about credit you topup? Does that expire too?

I want to install Zimbra on a vps to test something out and it requires 8 gb ram. I read @uptime say that I can run it on Vultr hourly rate then save as snapshot then destroy. Then I can spin up new 8 gb vps and use my snapshot again?

Can someone pls enlighten me? Im a newbie so apologies if I really sound dumb. Thank you!

The $50 expires in 30 days. afaik topped up credits and affiliate credits don't expire. And yes you can create a snapshot and destroy the VPS and re-create afterwards with the snapshot. You won't get the same IP address though

Btw you can sign up with this link to get $50 for 30 days on Vultr and help me out :)

Thank you Sanvit. I registered using your link but it said my prepaid card is not eligible. Then I removed the free credits and I tried to buy credits but again got another error saying declined by my card issuer.

You can choose PayPal and pay $1 by clicking the + button and manually entering the amount

Thank you I will try that.

• mlcmlc Member

@timelapse said:

@timelapse said:

@mlc said:

@timelapse said:

You can only trial up to 4 gb. Then according to chat for 6 gb and above you have to make a deposit for the monthly plan then you are billed hourly. But they wont say how much you are billed hourly. That is sketchy.

At least they offered a trial. If you are a provider you should think about the abuse of probationers, the cost etc. They offered a 14-day trial two years ago, now, only 7-days. But they did not clearly mark the hourly price.

• @mlc said:

@timelapse said:

@timelapse said:

@mlc said:

@timelapse said:

At least they offered a trial. If you are a provider you should think about the abuse of probationers, the cost etc. They offered a 14-day trial two years ago, now, only 7-days. But they did not clearly mark the hourly price.

Yes I appreciate that but what I need is a kvm with 8 gb ram not 4 gb or lower. I dont want to deposit $40 without knowing the hourly rate and besides there are other options with a much lower minimum topup amount. Thank you though.

• @sanvit said:

@timelapse said:

@sanvit said:

@timelapse said:

Minimum is $5. It wont accept $1. I would now try if I can link my prepaid card to Paypal to fund it.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

timelapse said: Minimum is $5. It wont accept $1.

That's not surprising given that PayPal fees will eat up a significant percentage of $1 ...

timelapse said: Hello @uptime . I created an account on Lunanode but minimum topup was $10

Okay ... I see $5 as an option for topup on my account, but I've never bothered to load that small an amount.

By the way (cf @KJLegit's alleged "load balancing" use case) I believe Lunanode may offer HAProxy as a service as well. In any case they are an excellent value for a feature-rich service in my opinion well worth $10 or whatever to try.

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

@KJLegit said:

• I need to be able to pay by PayPal without a credit card
    • I need to be able to top up a balance of sub 1 dollar (for example, if the hourly price is $0.01, I'd like to be able to top up $0.05 or so)

PayPal fees are about 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction and even more for cross-border.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@timelapse said:

@sanvit said:

@timelapse said:

@sanvit said:

@timelapse said:

Minimum is $5. It wont accept $1. I would now try if I can link my prepaid card to Paypal to fund it.

Worked for me, maybe it's a new account limitation? Try contacting support. Sorry I couldn't be help :(

uptime said: By the way (cf @KJLegit's alleged "load balancing" use case) I believe Lunanode may offer HAProxy as a service as well. In any case they are an excellent value for a feature-rich service in my opinion well worth $10 or whatever to try.

@perennate Would really like to see that comming :)

• williewillie Member

An 8gb ram load balancer that's only on a few hours at a time. Fascinating.

Thanked by 2uptime vimalware
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

load balances fast my man!

• cheat loads fast my man!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @willie said:
    An 8gb ram load balancer that's only on a few hours at a time. Fascinating.

It'd only be used the few time the main server gets attacked.