Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving away from cPanel to centospanel or a future version of Webuzo? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Moving away from cPanel to centospanel or a future version of Webuzo?

2»

Comments

• I am trying centos panel again using the pro version and i have asked a few people who will be moving to centos panel to help out with security as many should do here. Will be using cPanel for another month just renewed at ovh 9.99 vps cPanel.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

webuzo is a single user panel

i would advice, cwp, vestacp, ispconfig or a few more

Thanked by 1websitehostingvps
  • Really liking centos panel, been testing it and it seems much faster than any panel I have tried before. Using Nginx apache setup, was so easy to setup with lots of tutorials available.

• edited July 2019

Ran into an issue while testing CWP

http://forum.centos-webpanel.com/centos-webpanel/how-to-increase-username-length/

A workaround would be using the whmcs module and creating accounts that way, that is if that method even works.

• edited July 2019

This is the solution for all those searching:

The Best Free Website Control Panel 7 July 2019

Stop using cPanel and support CWP.

cPanel has become too expensive! cPanel has become too greedy so you should stop using them unless you have thousands of customers. Here is the replacement and the easiest to follow tutorials. I would recommend you buy CWP pro it is like $11/Yearly or $1 Monthly.

Install FREE Centos Web Panel:

http://www.servermom.org/cpanel-to-cwp-migration-tutorial/

Migrate from cPanel:

http://www.servermom.org/cpanel-to-cwp-migration-tutorial/

Recommendations:

Use 2 ip's for the nameservers.

Buy the pro version it is affordable worldwide.

Disable mod security for individual domains when you get issues.

Backup any configuration files before you edit them.

http://centos-webpanel.com/

Please add any Recommendations of your own.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 2019

@websitehostingvps I run both CWP Pro and freebie ones.
    It is a bit basic (just a text editor with links ) in some places but overall I prefer the 'style' and usability of CWP over webmin/virtualmin. It's a bit quirky too with the opening of tabs and trying to find active config files, as examples.
    I don't recommend the disabling of mod_sec and disable selected rules instead.
    I'd really like for CWP to become more popular, perhaps pushing some of the bugs out at the same time. Forum support I've found to be wanting and paid support might be required for some.
    I'd like to see a recent security review of it.
    Were the rough edges sorted out, then I'd be happy enough to continue to use CWP, over others but would like to see the code more open source. It is unnecessarily crippled in terms of any customisation (and temporary bug fixes), due to this.
    Don't dare to press the Graphs, Netdata option unless you'd like a 3rd party to be privy to your server stats (and whatever else) - there is(/was) no warning.

• CWP, being closed source is very hard to customize and to add more functionality.

VestaCP on the other hand, you can do pretty much do anything on the CLI, and very easy to add customization, and API. Also vestaCP is wayyyy more simple than CWP.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    @websitehostingvps I run both CWP Pro and freebie ones.
    It is a bit basic (just a text editor with links ) in some places but overall I prefer the 'style' and usability of CWP over webmin/virtualmin. It's a bit quirky too with the opening of tabs and trying to find active config files, as examples.
    I don't recommend the disabling of mod_sec and disable selected rules instead.
    I'd really like for CWP to become more popular, perhaps pushing some of the bugs out at the same time. Forum support I've found to be wanting and paid support might be required for some.
    I'd like to see a recent security review of it.
    Were the rough edges sorted out, then I'd be happy enough to continue to use CWP, over others but would like to see the code more open source. It is unnecessarily crippled in terms of any customisation (and temporary bug fixes), due to this.
    Don't dare to press the Graphs, Netdata option unless you'd like a 3rd party to be privy to your server stats (and whatever else) - there is(/was) no warning.

Thanks for your insights, any other useful information like the Graphs issue would be appreciated.

• yokowasis said: CWP, being closed source is very hard to customize and to add more functionality.

VestaCP on the other hand, you can do pretty much do anything on the CLI, and very easy to add customization, and API. Also vestaCP is wayyyy more simple than CWP.

I tried Vestacp but was not impressed it is nothing compared to cPanel and in my opinion, it is not as good as centoswebpanel. The only panel i can find that comes close to cPanel is centoswebpanel. I have tested almost every panel had 6 vps's online testing all the panels out that seemed worth checking out.

I do have 1 issue with abantecart not displaying seo url's using the seo url option, using apache+nginx option for web server. My only issue so far and i doubt it is due to cwp main settings.

Migration from cPanel to centospanel was so easy, all other free panels as far as i can tell do not have such an easy method to migrate.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 2019

I've also found cPanel to CWP painless, in addition to a totally seamless and quick CWP to CWP migration.
    Now that there is a (beta) script to install ISPConfig on Centos, I'm beginning to explore a much more open panel. Would also like to see a recent security audit of this one.

• Is anyone using centospanel for selling website hosting?

• AlwaysSkint said: ISPConfig

ISPconfig is about the best option if you do not like centospanel, i am just unsure about which is best for selling website hosting.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Before price change i signed up with a free cpanel hosting website, after price change they asking me to pay to keep my free hosting ..

not cool man

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@armandorg said:
    Before price change i signed up with a free cpanel hosting website, after price change they asking me to pay to keep my free hosting ..

not cool man

• websitehostingvps said: Is anyone using centospanel for selling website hosting?

yes, i am uisng it at hopacloud.com