Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have cPanel 1 year contract or month to month?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have cPanel 1 year contract or month to month?

TinFoil2019TinFoil2019 Member
edited June 2019 in General

Did you do pay for a 1 or 3 year cPanel contract? Or did you pay month to month while signing clients up to 1,2,3 year contracts?

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

Where can one purchase a 1 year license for cPanel?

EDIT: I've legitimately never seen any option for anything other than month-to-month for cPanel in the 12+ years I've been paying for licenses. Then again I've never been big enough to purchase licenses from cPanel directly.

Anybody? I'm genuinely curious where and how much a yearly license is for cPanel? I know back in the day you could buy owned licenses, but they discontinued those pretty quickly

• We paid 164.95 USD for a Yearly License and they removed the option today on their site.

@CycloneServers said:
    We paid 164.95 USD for a Yearly License and they removed the option today on their site.

What website? cPanel's website?

• cpanel provide both

edited June 2019

I thought you needed a special contract with a minimum license count to buy directly from cPanel? When did that change?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Buycpanel sell 1 year updates license for $200

• @WebProject said:

not anymore

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2019

@andrewn said:

@WebProject said:

not anymore

I have checked this morning and it was on their website with all other add-ons

Edit: Still available as option to purchase just checked a couple of mins ago.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2019

KuJoe said: I thought you needed a special contract with a minimum license count to buy directly from cPanel? When did that change?

You have always been able to purchase directly from cPanel. that includes single licences for VPS and dedi. VPS licences were $20 monthly and $200 annually. Dedi was $45 annually then various pricing for 1,2 and 3-year purchases. And if you were purchasing multiple licences, discounts were offered.

Only monthly now though.

I always purchased directly with cPanel to get the priority support which was good if you were a direct customer.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I have a yearly license, from buycpanel.com and it expires in January 2020.

• cociucociu Member
    edited June 2019

AnthonySmith said: I have a yearly license, from buycpanel.com and it expires in January 2020.

make some print screen from TOS also try to get the old contract ... because nobody know tese days.

edited June 2019

@Lee said:

KuJoe said: I thought you needed a special contract with a minimum license count to buy directly from cPanel? When did that change?

You have always been able to purchase directly from cPanel. that includes single licences for VPS and dedi. VPS licences were $20 monthly and $200 annually. Dedi was $45 annually then various pricing for 1,2 and 3-year purchases. And if you were purchasing multiple licences, discounts were offered.

Only monthly now though.

I always purchased directly with cPanel to get the priority support which was good if you were a direct customer.

That's not true. I had a lengthy phone conversation with a cPanel rep back around 2008-2009 about purchasing licenses directly from them and they needed a hefty commitment from me before they would even create an account and VPS licenses weren't an option from them. They directed me to resellers who charged a dollar or two less and offered VPS licenses and I ended up buying the licenses through data centers bundled with dedicated servers. I contacted them every year after that for maybe 3 years until I realized I was never going to be big enough to buy a license from them directly. I guess I gave up too early because it sounds like they changed their position sometime in the past 8 years or so. #earlyadopterproblems

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2019

KuJoe said: That's not true. I had a lengthy phone conversation with a cPanel rep back around 2008-2009

I can assure you I was purchasing licences directly from cPanel as far back as 2007. there was no minimum. You could even buy lifetime licences one at time. I still have two.

The pricing I mentioned above was the recent numbers. Certainly, if you wanted monthly options back then you need to go to a reseller.

Edit:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070607031722/http://www.cpanel.net/purchase/cPanelandWHM/linux/cPanel_WHM.htm

edited June 2019

@Lee said:

KuJoe said: That's not true. I had a lengthy phone conversation with a cPanel rep back around 2008-2009

I can assure you I was purchasing licences directly from cPanel as far back as 2007. there was no minimum. You could even buy lifetime licences one at time. I still have two.

The pricing I mentioned above was the recent numbers. Certainly, if you wanted monthly options back then you need to go to a reseller.

Edit:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070607031722/http://www.cpanel.net/purchase/cPanelandWHM/linux/cPanel_WHM.htm

Maybe that's where I was confused. At that time I was only paying monthly.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2019

KuJoe said: Maybe that's where I was confused. At that time I was only paying monthly.

yeah, it was some after that they started monthly offerings, around the time you mentioned you either had to make a large commitment or go reseller for monthly pay options.

@Lee said:

KuJoe said: Maybe that's where I was confused. At that time I was only paying monthly.

yeah, it was some after that they started monthly offerings, around the time you mentioned you either had to make a large commitment or go reseller for monthly pay options.

Thanks for remembering that far back for me. My stupid brain was fuzzy on the details. :lol: