Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

East Coast VPS KVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

East Coast VPS KVM

VoigonVoigon Member

Hello,
I am looking for a VPS with the following specs:
12-16GB~ RAM
4 vCores at least
20 USD per month~
Need good connection to Chicago (will be used for Discord bots)

Does anyone have a good recommendation?

Comments

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

We have quite a few customers with Discord bot services, what’s the concern with ~50ms latency and being anywhere in the US?

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited June 2019

That must be one hell of a Discord bot if you need 12-16 GB of ram.

For Discord's messaging services, there is no need to be anywhere specific in the world, since they use Cloudflare & Google Cloud servers that are distributed around the world.

For Discord's voice chat services, the owners of the server can change where their voice servers are located in. I don't think there is any need to have your bot server located in any particular place unless your Discord bot is targeted at a single server.

That being said, you can get a dedicated box for $22 at nocix. (Kansas City)

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

I can do it for you on OpenVZ:
    25GB SAS RAID-10 Disk
    12GB RAM
    4 vCPUs
    1TB BW
    1Gbps Uplink

12 Locations, including Chicago

$20/month

Will need be custom order...PM to proceed.

https://smarthost.net/vps-hosting.php

Your budget is not enough to do this on KVM...

• VoigonVoigon Member

@IonSwitch_Stan said:
    We have quite a few customers with Discord bot services, what’s the concern with ~50ms latency and being anywhere in the US?

@ehhthing said:
    That must be one hell of a Discord bot if you need 12-16 GB of ram.

For Discord's messaging services, there is no need to be anywhere specific in the world, since they use Cloudflare & Google Cloud servers that are distributed around the world.

For Discord's voice chat services, the owners of the server can change where their voice servers are located in. I don't think there is any need to have your bot server located in any particular place unless your Discord bot is targeted at a single server.

That being said, you can get a dedicated box for $22 at nocix. (Kansas City)

Thank you for the offer :) We will check it.

We are 3 discord bot developers, we need to run bots hosted to clients, sites etc. That's why we also rather have a very good ping for Discord.
    We have tested it and there API is located in Chicago, with by far better connection results, I have no idea how this is working though.

@SmartHost said:
    I can do it for you on OpenVZ:
    25GB SAS RAID-10 Disk
    12GB RAM
    4 vCPUs
    1TB BW
    1Gbps Uplink

12 Locations, including Chicago

$20/month

Will need be custom order...PM to proceed.

https://smarthost.net/vps-hosting.php

Your budget is not enough to do this on KVM...

We need KVM to run Docker..

• @Voigon said:
    We have tested it and there API is located in Chicago, with by far better connection results, I have no idea how this is working though.

That's funny because according to this article, they run off the Google Cloud Platform, and Google doesn't have servers located in Illinois at all.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@Voigon said:
    We need KVM to run Docker..

Not going to get that much RAM at that budget with KVM.
    8GB and we can probably do it...

• Chicago VPS which is a very well known host on this forum would be best due to your location request and the pricing would be the lowest you will find i am sure.