Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for EU OVH (Game) Anti-DDoS KVM VPS // 1 GB // 1 CPU // unmetered@300 Mbps // Failover IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for EU OVH (Game) Anti-DDoS KVM VPS // 1 GB // 1 CPU // unmetered@300 Mbps // Failover IP

d0wnd0wn Member

Hi,
I'm searching for two small VPS with 1 GB RAM, 1 CPU Core, 10 GB HDD/SSD, unmetered Traffic @ 300 Mbps, GRE allowed and Failover IP.

Those two VPS should be on different nodes in EU with OVH (Game) Anti-DDOS and based on KVM.

Failover IP management should be done by API or directly so I could assign it from my linux boxes.

Budget ~10-12 USD / month

Comments

• pikepike Veteran

Look at the offers of php-friends, they dont resell OVH but got arbor peakflow Firewalls in Frankfurt a.M. which have the same performance. Only concern would be the traffic I guess, maybe contact them about it.

Thanked by 1d0wn
  • https://100up.de/ maybe? I doubt that there's any OVH Game hoster who offers 300Mbps unlimited.
    You can choose for example DE and FR location for different nodes.

Thanked by 1d0wn
  • graphicgraphic Member
    edited June 2019

@pike said:
    Look at the offers of php-friends, they dont resell OVH but got arbor peakflow Firewalls in Frankfurt a.M. which have the same performance. Only concern would be the traffic I guess, maybe contact them about it.

This.
    Or fastpipe.io

Thanked by 1d0wn
  • d0wnd0wn Member

Fastpipe.io not allowing GRE traffic when ddos protection is active.

• KwoonKwoon Member

maybe @HostDoc can help you. I am hosting a game server on his vps
    he has a nvme node in france :smile:

• d0wnd0wn Member

@Kwoon said:
    maybe @HostDoc can help you. I am hosting a game server on his vps
    he has a nvme node in france :smile:

Yep but the don't offer failover IPs which I could move to another server.

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited June 2019

I can offer you:

2x (different nodes)

• 1 GB ECC RAM
    • 1 CPU core
    • 30 GB SSD Storage
    • Unlimited bandwidth (FUP) @ 300mbit
    • 1 IPv4 address (OVH DDoS protected IP)
    • Located in The Netherlands
    • GRE Allowed

11,- per month

• Extra OVH protected IPv4: 2,50 (one-time)

You can setup firewall rules via our panel.

Feel free to send me a PM.

Thanked by 1d0wn
  • d0wnd0wn Member

@jordynegen11 said:
    I can offer you:

2x (different nodes)

• 1 GB ECC RAM
    • 1 CPU core
    • 30 GB SSD Storage
    • Unlimited bandwidth (FUP) @ 300mbit
    • 1 IPv4 address (OVH DDoS protected IP)
    • Located in The Netherlands
    • GRE Allowed

11,- per month

• Extra OVH protected IPv4: 2,50 (one-time)

You can setup firewall rules via our panel.

Feel free to send me a PM.

Send you a pm :)

• TheXOTheXO Member
    edited June 2019

@MikeA Provides better at lower cost, have had an EU Game protected VPS from him for a special use for some months before, he's a great guy with a great service at https://extravm.com

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

@TheXO said:
    @MikeA Provides better at lower cost, have had an EU Game protected VPS from him for a special use for some months before, he's a great guy with a great service at https://extravm.com

I wouldn't work for him since he wants the full port to himself, which isn't realistic since most game servers still have 250Mbps ports depending on the region you buy from.

Either way, I am likely not setting up more servers with OVH except what I currently have, so once stock goes that's probably it.

Thanked by 2TheXO vimalware
  • marvelmarvel Member
    edited June 2019

nvm

• marvelmarvel Member

@MikeA said:

@TheXO said:

I wouldn't work for him since he wants the full port to himself, which isn't realistic since most game servers still have 250Mbps ports depending on the region you buy from.

Either way, I am likely not setting up more servers with OVH except what I currently have, so once stock goes that's probably it.

Care to share the reason? Just out of curiosity.

edited June 2019

@marvel said:

@MikeA said:

@TheXO said:

Selling VPS on OVH Game servers attract too many problems, probably 60% of people who want it use it solely to run VPNs for games and they attract lots of bad people, constantly trying to find DDoS bypasses which causes downtime for everyone (this paired with OVH's very poor customer service makes DDoS bypasses a bad problem), they attract people who when I ban them for something illegal they spam my tickets for months/years, harass me, bypass dozens of IP/acc bans, etc. Plus most people buy many of the smallest 512MB plan which I don't like. Just not worth the hassle anymore.

I rather focus on selling NVMe VPS and my Dallas VPS. The money would be better spent improving other services.

Thanked by 1Gatto
  • marvelmarvel Member

@MikeA said:

@marvel said:

@MikeA said:

@TheXO said:

Selling VPS on OVH Game servers attract too many problems, probably 60% of people who want it use it solely to run VPNs for games and they attract lots of bad people, constantly trying to find DDoS bypasses which causes downtime for everyone (this paired with OVH's very poor customer service makes DDoS bypasses a bad problem), they attract people who when I ban them for something illegal they spam my tickets for months/years, harass me, bypass dozens of IP/acc bans, etc. Just not worth the hassle anymore.

I rather focus on selling NVMe VPS and my Dallas VPS.

Holy crap that sounds bad indeed.

Still though, I think OVH's DDoS protection is still unmatched, there's not a lot of other providers giving you the same protection. Psychz is ok but I've rented a dedicated there in the past and their protection added like 10-20 ms latency.

And yeah there's a lot of OVH (Game) Anti-DDoS bypasses but most of them can be filtered out with iptables. So far the Layer4 bandwidth stuff is filtered out for us (we get a shitload of DDoS attacks each day on our OVH servers). I agree their customer service is terrible though, it can't get much worse although it's getting a little bit better lately.

But instead of dropping OVH support you coud always ditch the low entrance $3-$6 / month KVMs, in that price range you're more likely to attract bad people.

edited June 2019

@marvel said:
    Holy crap that sounds bad indeed.

Still though, I think OVH's DDoS protection is still unmatched, there's not a lot of other providers giving you the same protection. Psychz is ok but I've rented a dedicated there in the past and their protection added like 10-20 ms latency.

And yeah there's a lot of OVH (Game) Anti-DDoS bypasses but most of them can be filtered out with iptables. So far the Layer4 bandwidth stuff is filtered out for us (we get a shitload of DDoS attacks each day on our OVH servers). I agree their customer service is terrible though, it can't get much worse although it's getting a little bit better lately.

But instead of dropping OVH support you coud always ditch the low entrance $3-$6 / month KVMs, in that price range you're more likely to attract bad people.

It's just OVH Game protection that people seek who are the most hassle normal OVH protection those people don't like because it doesn't protect their VPNs as well, so I am keeping the non-game plans available. Normal OVH protection still works very well for most things that aren't VPNs.... Plus the non-game servers give more flexibility for VPS hosting, like having 1TB+ NVMe drives, bigger ports, etc. My NVMe plans have 1Gbps-2Gbps in and 500Mbps out for example, game plans are still 250Mbps.

Psychz isn't bad, but if you have problems with protection their lower level support just modifies ACL to block the traffic. I don't think they really change anything with their mitigation software/hardware unless you're a big client.