Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need storage VPS in Singapore for private torrents under €12/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need storage VPS in Singapore for private torrents under €12/month

sritubsritub Member
edited June 2019 in Requests

VZ Type: ANY!

Number of Cores: Min 1
RAM: 512 atleast?
Disk Space: Min 200GB
Disk Type: HDD

Bandwidth: Min 1tb
Port Speed: Min 100mbps

DDoS Protection: No

Number of IPs: Shared is fine as well.

Budget: Around €12/month should work

Billing period: Monthly preferred, rest is fine as well.

Additional requirements: Should be able to do 2 Plex streams. (Ideally direct stream but sometimes transcoding because of audio)

Edit: Increased budget by a little

Comments

• ovh

hostdoc

Thanked by 2HostDoc dahartigan
  • sritubsritub Member

@zhujiwiki said:
    ovh

hostdoc

Can you please point out specific plans, I visited their website but couldn't figure it out.

• williewillie Member

You're in the wrong place then.

• sritubsritub Member

@NDTN Do you allow private trackers torrenting?

• sritubsritub Member

@willie said:
    You're in the wrong place then.

What I meant is the plan that suits my requirements :)

• US West has good speeds to Asia in general

• sanvitsanvit Member

Doesn't SG have good peering with EU? Or you could go with BuyVM LV with a slab or two

• sritubsritub Member

@sanvit said:
    Doesn't SG have good peering with EU? Or you could go with BuyVM LV with a slab or two

BuyVM has storage slabs only on Las Vegas. I want to know if there's any in Singapore as the ping would be a lot less to me.

• williewillie Member

sritub said: What I meant is the plan that suits my requirements :)

You posted your requirements. If you can't compare them to the advertised vps specs you're in the wrong place. If you have additional unstated requirements, you are the only one who knows them.

• sritubsritub Member

@willie said:

sritub said: What I meant is the plan that suits my requirements :)

You posted your requirements. If you can't compare them to the advertised vps specs you're in the wrong place. If you have additional unstated requirements, you are the only one who knows them.

What I meant is they don't suit me, what made him suggest those to me, I was asking to check if I missed something on their website, hope it makes sense now. :)

• sanvitsanvit Member

@HostDoc there! Now just wait for the doc to do his magic :)

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • williewillie Member

You probably didn't miss anything. You have a difficult combination of requirements: specs, location, and budget. You might have to put your server in one place and the storage in another.

• HostDocHostDoc Member
    edited June 2019

@sritub
    I can do this for you on our SG2 node. (SG1+3 unavailable)

1GB RAM
    200GB HDD Storage
    1TB BW @ 250mbps
    Dedicated IPv4
    £6.99/m

Thanked by 2sritub sanvit
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

Hello @sritub

for @HostDoc flash sale deals check this page -> https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing.html#sing

I see a nice one maybe more than you need in terms of cpu and ram - I think you may be able to stack two plans to get 200 GB disk, still close to your $10/m budget. Seems like could be a monster system for a decent price:

4 vCore @ 3.5 GHz 2TB @ 250 mbps 4GB DDR4 RAM 1 IPv4 100GB HDD £4.69/m | £40/y

Thanked by 2HostDoc sritub
  • sritubsritub Member

@uptime said:
    Hello @sritub

for @HostDoc flash sale deals check this page -> https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing.html#sing

I see a nice one maybe more than you need in terms of cpu and ram - I think you may be able to stack two plans to get 200 GB disk, still close to your $10/m budget. Seems like could be a monster system for a decent price:

@HostDoc I can order two of these, can you merge them for me? Thanks

• @sritub said:

@zhujiwiki said:
    ovh

hostdoc

Can you please point out specific plans, I visited their website but couldn't figure it out.

https://www.ovh.com/fr/public-cloud/instances/tarifs/

• @sritub said:

@uptime said:
    Hello @sritub

Yes, those plans are stackable. You would need to order them both and make a note with your order as they are autoprovisioned.
    Once seen, one instance will be deleted and the other will be scaled.
    Alternatively, open a live chat before purchase and a custom stacked link can be provided.

• sritubsritub Member

@HostDoc said:

@sritub said:

@uptime said:
    Hello @sritub

Yes, those plans are stackable. You would need to order them both and make a note with your order as they are autoprovisioned.
    Once seen, one instance will be deleted and the other will be scaled.
    Alternatively, open a live chat before purchase and a custom stacked link can be provided.

Looks like they're out of stock, can anything be done? Thanks

• @sritub said:

Looks like they're out of stock, can anything be done? Thanks

Unfortunately, sale items are limited in quantity and once out of stock are never replenished.
    A new plan with different specs will eventually take its place once new deals are added.

Thanked by 1sritub
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@sritub said:
    @NDTN Do you allow private trackers torrenting?

Yes it's allowed.

• @sritub said:

@sanvit said:

BuyVM has storage slabs only on Las Vegas. I want to know if there's any in Singapore as the ping would be a lot less to me.

For China, OVH Singapore loss more than BuyVM LV

• private trackers torrenting?

Yes it's allowed.

🙁 RIP shared IOPS.
    Maybe spin up a new HDD node for low iops users. @hostdoc