Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for provider that allows private trackers with dedicated 1Gbps, 1TB~5TB/month bandwidth.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for provider that allows private trackers with dedicated 1Gbps, 1TB~5TB/month bandwidth.

carloshmmcarloshmm Member
edited June 2019 in Requests

Shared 1~2xCPU core (enough power to handle rtorrent with 1000+ average size files),
1~2GB RAM,
Location: USA with good peering to South America, but Europe is an option.
Disk: 1TB+
Budget: $30/mo (more or less depending on the offer...)

Comments

• Private tracker: yes, 50-100TB yes, 300TB (maybe)
    = 25euro Hetzner auction dedi https://www.hetzner.com/sb?country=OTHER

• @vimalware This is my first option but I want to see if there are similar options on USA.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited June 2019

US private peering is poor compared to EU.
    That's why it is less likely in your budget.

• @vimalware Ok, that is pretty sad because I needed good peering to South America, Germany is a transatlantic route...

• TurbooooTurboooo Member
    edited June 2019

Go with a hetzner auction dedi and then buy a box at BuyVM that will server as storage when Francisco adds more storage slabs (if more is needed) and transfer the torrents overnight to it. What do you want to do? Just seed or stream with plex?

Edit: correction to BuyVM statement

• @Turboooo Yes, direct play exclusively.

• @carloshmm said:
    @Turboooo Yes, direct play exclusively.

If it's just a handful of users, then 2-4TB should cover it.

• Hetzner + cociu

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @dahartigan said:
    Hetzner + cociu

Dual seeding? or something? Or do you like run Bt Sync and seed from both devices or something? Just curious how you run your setup with dual VPS

Thanks

• @ps20090 said:

@dahartigan said:
    Hetzner + cociu

Dual seeding? or something? Or do you like run Bt Sync and seed from both devices or something? Just curious how you run your setup with dual VPS

Thanks

I run openvpn on the cociu vps, then on my hetzner dedi I run proxmox and inside that an LXC container with transmission, that LXC container can only reach the internet through the cociu vps via the vpn.

Public trackers, not seeding other than while downloading. Not a member of any private trackers.

I hope that helps :)

• sanvitsanvit Member

@dahartigan said:

@ps20090 said:

@dahartigan said:
    Hetzner + cociu

Thanks

I run openvpn on the cociu vps, then on my hetzner dedi I run proxmox and inside that an LXC container with transmission, that LXC container can only reach the internet through the cociu vps via the vpn.

Public trackers, not seeding other than while downloading. Not a member of any private trackers.

If your only uwing coicu as a vpn server, why not just use one of many many vpn providers? Wouldn't that be safer and cheaper on the long run?

• @sanvit said:

@dahartigan said:

@ps20090 said:

@dahartigan said:
    Hetzner + cociu

Thanks

If your only uwing coicu as a vpn server, why not just use one of many many vpn providers? Wouldn't that be safer and cheaper on the long run?

No way, for $12/year for the cociu vps it's unbelievably better value than a VPN for my use :) Not to mention it's useful as things other than VPN like running htop in screen.

My torrent use is very limited to just leeching media for my Plex setup, so the impact would be minimal and very easy to get back online.