Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need KVM 1GB+ RAM, 20GB+ SSD, 1TB+ BW, Gbit Net for VoIP Platforms - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need KVM 1GB+ RAM, 20GB+ SSD, 1TB+ BW, Gbit Net for VoIP Platforms

13»

Comments

• @AnthonySmith: Sorry for the mixup. We really don't want to get in the reseller business. But thanks.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited June 2019

@nerduno AnthonySmith has an excellent 200GB storage VPS as a regular offer (RAM and Network transfer match your minimums)
    Edit: also, inbound BW is unmetered

It's 25 EUR/year recurring and quite a steal.(UK and Phoenix, USA locations)
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156307/new-kvm-uk-storage-plan-les-vps-bundle-paypal-card-crypto/p1

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @AnthonySmith: Is VoIP platform acceptable use on the offer referenced by @vimalware?

• @HostDoc said:

@uptime said:
    @HostDoc thanks I'm all set on that Dallas node already (I picked up one of those fine fine superfine 3-core 6 GB nested virtualization KVM deals a few months back)

Would encourage folks to pay a visit to https://kvm.doctor and put together a custom package to give it a try - it's a nice network, may be worth paying a bit for if there is a need for speed via Dallas

The Gold is truely amzing.
    It is my go to for a temporary VPS as it mainly still feels empty although we are now nearing full capacity.
    I'm happy you grabbed a deal while it was available (and even happier these crazy offers were not taken :sweat_smile: ). July 4th is after all just around the corner.

I second this. The gold is something to behold. It's holding a lot of services, and it's crazy how it just keeps powering along.

The Doc and I set up a 3cx pbx on that gold node a while back for an experiment and it went very well.

@NerdUno I've been to your site a few times, it's a great resource for all things voip so it's a pleasure to see you here! You've inspired @uptime to rally the troops which is also excellent to see.

@uptime you're a good sample of potassium, thanks for all your hard work trying to get our friend and his friends some sweet potassium with high roentgen output.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@uptime thanks for mentioning us, I would like to provide something but we don't offer Gigabit ports as it affects other clients though our VPS comes with 100Mbps unmetered, if @NerdUno 100Mbps Unmetered port speed works for you, then I may be able to offer you some deal

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @HostEONS: 100Mbps unmetered would be fine for most VoIP applications. Bring on the deal. :-)

Thanked by 2vimalware HostEONS
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

I was mentioned somewhere, didn't read rest of thread but our m.1s instance on LunaNode includes 1 GB RAM, 15 GB SSD, and 1 TB bandwidth for $3.5/mo. It's billed hourly at $0.0049/hr. Available in Toronto.

• Just an update that we're testing OVZ7 with anyNode in Miami. IPset for IPtables looks like it's going to work with a little tweaking so this may be another option for our VoIP friends. For those that don't know, ipset lets you blacklist hundreds of thousands of IP addresses (by country or by your own list such as the one produced daily by voipbl.org) without much of a performance hit on the server's IPtables firewall.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@NerdUno said:
    @HostEONS: 100Mbps unmetered would be fine for most VoIP applications. Bring on the deal. :-)

Hi
    You can view our latest Deals at

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158046/kvm-vps-with-free-direct-admin-control-panel-la-ny-openvz-7-100-mbps-ummetered-raid-10-ssd#latest

some of the KVM VPS deals are:

Our KVM VPS Packages are as under:

512 MB VPS ($2.4/mo use coupon “INTRO20” or use coupon "UPGRADE" to get upgraded to our next VPS Package)
    CPU Core: 1
    RAM:512 Mb
    Disk Space: 5 Gb SSD
    Bandwidth: Unmetered
    IPv4: 1 (Additional IPV4 available for $1 per IP per month)
    IPv6: /64
    RDNS: Yes
    Control Panel: Yes

annual price with coupon "INTRO20" is $21.6

ORDER Links:

LA - https://my.hosteons.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=1
    NY - https://my.hosteons.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=50

1GB VPS ($3.2/mo use coupon “INTRO20” or use coupon "UPGRADE" to get upgraded to our next VPS Package or use coupon “DA” to get Direct Admin Control Panel Free)
    CPU Core: 1
    RAM: 1GB
    Disk Space: 10 Gb SSD
    Bandwidth: Unmetered
    IPv4: 1 (Additional IPV4 available for $1 per IP per month)
    IPv6: /64
    RDNS: Yes
    Control Panel: Yes

annual price with coupon "INTRO20" is $28.8 (I can do it for $25 per year if you order for 2 years or more)

ORDER Links:

LA - https://my.hosteons.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=2
    NY - https://my.hosteons.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=51

Thanked by 2uptime captainwasabi
  • uptimeuptime Member

awesome! @HostEONS thanks for doing the needful here

I'm really pleasantly surprised to see offers in this price range from providers I know will make a point to deliver quality service.

I noticed one more recent offer from Hostodo https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158478/1gb-ram-kvm-30gb-disk-25-yr-2gb-ram-50gb-disk-40-yr-las-vegas-nv - I think it's HDD rather than SSD but might be interesting for people looking for something in Las Vegas.

note - I don't have any personal experience with Hostodo and vaguely remember some mixed reviews - I think @dahartigan may have sampled their wares, perhaps might offer some perspective on what to expect from them?

Anyhoo - nice to see @NerdUno got a good reception here - I think the VOIP folks might be an interesting market segment for providers here. (Though maybe this isn't exactly a startling revelation to anyone but myself ...)

Personally, I'm just tickled to have an excuse to play matchmaker / firestarter - and try to make Summer Black Friday / Cyber Monday a thing!

• isaaclisaacl Member

Ward -

Been running PBXIAF/IncrediblePBX on ImpactVPS resource instances (OpenVZ) for a while with no trouble, and they've been very reliable, though I remember you recommending them at some point after I posted on the PBXIAF forum, but probably worth still keeping them in mind, extremely happy with the service and support.

Thanked by 2uptime NerdUno
  • Hostodo is a good option for cheap LET style servers. Don't expect tickets to be answered if you don't do basic troubleshooting first.

Have only used vz, no experience with their KVM so couldn't comment specifically, but I've had no issues with stability or downtime (except when QN Miami took out other LET host's services there too)

@uptime mentioned mixed reviews, they mostly consist of issues with tickets not being answered but as always we only ever see one side of the story and I can imagine they get hit with a lot of tickets that are time wasters or people pleading for their servers back after being suspended for doing the wrong thing etc.

Summary: potassium is cheap, strong on plow, but don't expect hand holding and long walks through field. 7/10 roentgen

Thanked by 2uptime NerdUno
  • uptimeuptime Member

@dahartigan thanks for the insight, sounds good.

Horses for courses as they say - tagging @Hassan from Hostodo to say hello :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • NerdUnoNerdUno Member
    edited June 2019

@uptime: I just wanted to personally thank you for all the time you've invested in this. And there's more good news. With some terrific help from Matthew Dewsbury at @anyNode we got all of the ipset, IPtables, and Fail2Ban issues sorted out on the OVZ7 platform in Miami with 84,427 badguys blacklisted and zero SIP attacks overnight. So, starting tomorrow, in addition to KVM, at least on the East Coast we now will have a very workable OVZ7 solution for VoIP users at $12/year with upload/download performance in the 700+ Mbit/s range. Seattle and Las Vegas should be available later this week. Exciting times!

• NerdUnoNerdUno Member
    edited June 2019

Thanked by 2captainwasabi Ympker
  • anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

@NerdUno said:
    @uptime: I just wanted to personally thank you for all the time you've invested in this. And there's more good news. With some terrific help from Matthew Dewsbury at @anyNode we got all of the ipset, IPtables, and Fail2Ban issues sorted out on the OVZ7 platform in Miami with 84,427 badguys blacklisted and zero SIP attacks overnight. So, starting tomorrow, in addition to KVM, at least on the East Coast we now will have a very workable OVZ7 solution for VoIP users at $12/year with upload/download performance in the 700+ Mbit/s range. Seattle and Las Vegas should be available later this week. Exciting times!

Glad to be of help, Miami is being restocked right now (waiting on at least 1 of 3 nodes to install) and Seattle (albeit a trial) will be online today hopefully. Vegas later this week!

• isaaclisaacl Member

The ImpactVPS VDR1 plan should work nicely, but always curious to see other providers, though the track record of the ones you've found and posted isn't the best...

Looking forward to seeing the new info and updates!!

• If you need a stable service with 99%+ uptime and great support I suggest you raise your budget.

• @isaacl said:
    The ImpactVPS VDR1 plan should work nicely, but always curious to see other providers, though the track record of the ones you've found and posted isn't the best...

Looking forward to seeing the new info and updates!!

Pricing aside, the ImpactVPS VDR1 plan does not appear to be available any longer. And it was OVZ6 IIRC so that wouldn't help with publicly-exposed VoIP platforms that need KVM or OVZ7. For traditional Incredible PBX servers with a firewall whitelist, OVZ6 is still suitable and about half the cost of comparable KVM offerings.

• LayerVPSLayerVPS Member
    edited June 2019

I could do this in the UK Coventry - Test IP 78.110.162.1

1GB RAM
    20GB SSD RAID-6 Storage
    1 Dedicated IPv4
    1TB Premium Bandwidth
    100Gbps Riorey DDoS Filtering
    KVM Based VPS

£19 per year

Cachefly CDN:         100.04 MiB/s
    Leaseweb (NL):        91.57 MiB/s
    Softlayer DAL (US):   13.59 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR):      92.88 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA):         14.81 MiB/s

Thanked by 1NerdUno
  • isaaclisaacl Member

This link for VDR1 seems to still work: http://subnetlabs.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=33

But yeah, think they're still running OVZ6, I always use CSF and whitelist things so I'm fine, but I don't know what else needs to work and if there are any other issues...

• Thanks, @LayerVPS. Sounds great. Could you provide a link to the offer that we could post?

• LayerVPSLayerVPS Member
    edited June 2019

Sorry will do this will not do it again

@NerdUno said:
    Thanks, @LayerVPS. Sounds great. Could you provide a link to the offer that we could post?

https://layervps.cc/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=42

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @LayerVPS: Please repost after adding provider's tag. We didn't notice previously. Thanks,
    @ITLabs. FYI: All of the Operating System options are missing in your cart.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

@ITLabs - appreciate the vigilance - it's a bit of a grey area I think.

(As I understand it, strictly speaking the provider tag is required only for posting threads in the offers section - there may be a bit of leeway for responses to a request.)

NerdUno said: If you have an offer and have been in business for over a year, please provide details here.

(emphasis added: key words "in business for over a year")

Should also note that provider tags are not an endorsement from LET. Getting provider tag is a low bar to meet (main requirement being patience and some willingness to research the procedure - or being a customer of a certain company that acquired this forum under dubious circumstances some years ago, but let's not dwell on that.)

Prospective buyers here should do their due diligence and adopt appropriate risk management practices depending on what's at stake. Check reviews, ask around, and tread lightly with known as well as unknown providers especially when the prices are on the unbelievably low end of the scale.

@LayerVPS everyone starts somewhere. Not sure what to say, but don't let us down and ... good luck with your provider tag ... :)

EDIT2:

One more thing: beware of offers made via unsolicited private messages. That seems to be a common vector for egregious scammery, and is a good cause for concern whether or not the sender has a provider tag.

Thanked by 1NerdUno
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@uptime said:
    @ITLabs - appreciate the vigilance - it's a bit of a grey area I think.

Thanks for the clarification and sorry if I crossed the line. :smile:

Thanked by 1NerdUno
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@NerdUno said:
    @ITLabs. FYI: All of the Operating System options are missing in your cart.

Man, I don't have a cart... I don't even have a website... I only raise pigeons.

• I was thanking you @ITLabs. The missing cart options was directed to @LayerVPS. Sorry for the confusion.

p.s. Sooner or later, you'll want a cart for those pigeons. They're like bunnies.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • uptimeuptime Member

no problem - it's a fuzzy line ... I think some ambiguity seems to work out okay one way or the other most of the time. Thanks for giving a shit, pigeon man.

Thanked by 2ITLabs skorous