Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer Black friday - 60% off on our yearly KVM SSD Linux VMs plans - Recurring!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Summer Black friday - 60% off on our yearly KVM SSD Linux VMs plans - Recurring!

naranjatechnaranjatech Member, Patron Provider

First of all, we're affiliated with @gleert (we're not a rip-off nor a summer host)

We have been in the hosting business since 2005 and have setup our new brand to cater to the lower end of the market. Please check out our super fast pure SSD VMs.

THE OFFER:

For a limited time only, 60% off on our yearly KVM SSD Linux VMs plans (recurring)!
Orders include:

• IPv4 + IPv6
  • SSD RAID 10
  • KVM Virtualization
  • Located in The Netherlands

Use coupon code: SBF2019

Specs:

• Core 1 - Ram 2GB - SSD Disk 40GB - 2TB BW - 30€/year (+vat if applicable) - Order Now

• Core 2 - Ram 4GB - SSD Disk 80GB - 4TB BW - 60€/year (+vat if applicable) - Order Now

• MORE OPTIONS!

Kind Regards,

Naranjatech Team

Thanked by 3uptime RedSox NerdUno

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member

naranjatech said: our new brand to cater to the lower end of the market. Please check out our super fast pure SSD VMs.

"cater to the lower end"

cool.

Thanked by 1naranjatech
  • How low can u go monthly?

• naranjatechnaranjatech Member, Patron Provider

cybertech said: How low can u go monthly?

On monthly we can do 30%, pleas use coupon code LET30

Thanked by 2cybertech RedSox
  • RedSoxRedSox Member

A very worthy offer. Can I have your LG?

Thanked by 1naranjatech

RedSox said: Can I have your LG?

Setting it up now! Will let you now when it's ready...

Thanked by 2datanoise RedSox
  • Interesting. Are all CPU AMD Epyc?

Thanked by 1naranjatech

datanoise said: Interesting. Are all CPU AMD Epyc?

Yes all AMD Epyc CPUs! No Zombieload, Ridl, Fallout issues here....

Thanked by 1datanoise

RedSox said: Can I have your LG?

https://lg.naranja.tech/

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • donlidonli Member

@naranjatech said:

(we're not a rip-off nor a summer host)

Well rip-off/summer hosts usually do put more effort into their web sites than you appear to have.

Thanked by 1skorous

donli said: Well rip-off/summer hosts usually do put more effort into their web sites than you appear to have.

It's a spin off of our main brand (spanish only) https://naranjatec.com/ run by @gleert which has been here for years....

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

donli said: Well rip-off/summer hosts usually do put more effort into their web sites than you appear to have.

naranjatech said: It's a spin off of our main brand (spanish only) https://naranjatec.com/ run by @gleert which has been here for years....

It's totally legit... No summer host.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • donlidonli Member

@gleert said:

naranjatech said: It's a spin off of our main brand (spanish only) https://naranjatec.com/ run by @gleert which has been here for years....

It's totally legit... No summer host.

Well you are a known, long term LET member so I believe you but that new website looks
    like a summer intern made it overnight.

edited June 2019

donli said: Well you are a known, long term LET member so I believe you but that new website looks like a summer intern made it overnight.

Thanks for your feedback. I am trying to understand where the problem lies. Is it the design, or are you missing certain info?

• hjlowhjlow Member

anyone that can post benchmark?

hjlow said: anyone that can post benchmark?

Which benchmark are you interested in and which configuration?

• FalzoFalzo Member

are the CPU features passed through, esp AES and SVM (nested full virt)?

are additional IPs available? at what price?

from your TOS:

Client agrees not to run any processes on his or her VPS which use the equivalent of 50% or more of all available CPU capacity for an extended period of time. As an example, a VPS with four (4) cores assigned may not use more then two (2) full CPU cores for an extended period of time.

so, as an example, you sell 4 cores but I am essentially only getting 2 and risk getting booted, if I use what I bought?
    sorry, but OVZ is long gone... you should balance your system rather then have the customers to watch their usage.

and what is 'an extended period of time' - I'd say that's by far to vague to create any legal impact... please rethink that paragraph at all.

Thanked by 1Tumbleguy1
    edited June 2019

Falzo said: so, as an example, you sell 4 cores but I am essentially only getting 2 and risk getting booted, if I use what I bought?

As long as you don't buy slices or something similar no provider will give you 100% usage of the Cores offered 100% of the time.

• donli said: Well rip-off/summer hosts usually do put more effort into their web sites than you appear to have.

Thanks for the LOL. :)

• FalzoFalzo Member

@naranjatech said:

Falzo said: so, as an example, you sell 4 cores but I am essentially only getting 2 and risk getting booted, if I use what I bought?

As long as you don't buy slices or something similar no provider will give you 100% usage of the Cores offered 100% of the time.

I can use as much as I get out of my VMs with hetzner, ultravps, first-root, netcup, OVH ... they might forbid specific use cases like mining, which I totally understand - but no one does vague rules like "50% maybe" or else in their terms.

please don't misunderstand - I am not saying that I'd expect dedicated core performance 24/7 - that's a totally different story. I do understand that shared cores/threads are exactly that and am perfectly fine with that.
    still, having to montior and eventually limit my usage for the goodwill of the provider who's not even clarifying what that extended amount of time might be? sorry, that's just crap.

I expect the system to balance between the guest, and the provider to eventually softly limit ressource hogging neighbours. KVM is quite good with that out of the box already but on top of that there are things like priorities, core pinning and more advanced stuff to handle that even better ;-)

TL;DR; selling for X cores on the front page and telling in the TOS you are effectivly allowed to use only half of it seems close to deception to me.

however, good luck with your sales.

• @Falzo said:
    are the CPU features passed through, esp AES and SVM (nested full virt)?

are additional IPs available? at what price?

from your TOS:

Client agrees not to run any processes on his or her VPS which use the equivalent of 50% or more of all available CPU capacity for an extended period of time. As an example, a VPS with four (4) cores assigned may not use more then two (2) full CPU cores for an extended period of time.

so, as an example, you sell 4 cores but I am essentially only getting 2 and risk getting booted, if I use what I bought?
    sorry, but OVZ is long gone... you should balance your system rather then have the customers to watch their usage.

and what is 'an extended period of time' - I'd say that's by far to vague to create any legal impact... please rethink that paragraph at all.

Great comments :)

Falzo said: TL;DR; selling for X cores on the front page and telling in the TOS you are effectivly allowed to use only half of it seems close to deception to me.

I think most people will know that on normal usage of their server this will never be an issue. We have tried to make a simple and easy to understandable TOS instead of a lot of legal limbo.

The funny thing is that i have "borrowed it" (with permission) from a highly appraised LET provider... If you look for a stick you'll always find one...

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @naranjatech said:

Falzo said: TL;DR; selling for X cores on the front page and telling in the TOS you are effectivly allowed to use only half of it seems close to deception to me.

I think most people will know that on normal usage of their server this will never be an issue. We have tried to make a simple and easy to understandable TOS instead of a lot of legal limbo.

The funny thing is that i have "borrowed it" (with permission) from a highly appraised LET provider... If you look for a stick you'll always find one...

ur the stick

Thanked by 1gleert
  • I don't really see the fuss.
    Hasn't it always been the case that we could judge the 'dedicated-ness' of a core from the LET price tag?

Thanked by 1naranjatech
  • sanvitsanvit Member

Doesn't most providers have an AUP on CPU, server load, disk IO, etc.? iirc VirMach had the "no more than 15mins of 50%+ CPU usage" AUP. I'm pretty sure occasional CPU spikes are fine as long as you keep your CPU usage to a reasonable point. Or, you could go with the unlimited/dedicated CPU core providers

• I can understand the limitations of cpu.
    In fact, I pay more attention to the performance of its SSD. I do see "HDD like" SSD for many times.
    Btw, the Network performance is also import (for me)
    So could you do a benchmark on the 2G packet? @naranjatech

Thanked by 1naranjatech
  • In my opinion, SSD can read and write several times faster than SAS and HDD.

Thanked by 1naranjatech
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@moduw123 said:
    In my opinion, SSD can read and write several times faster than SAS and HDD.

New generation Eternal Hope floppy disks are even faster my man.

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • @ITLabs said:

@moduw123 said:

Pigeons transmit data faster than NVMe.

Thanked by 2uptime naranjatech
  • @SirFoxy said:

@ITLabs said:

@moduw123 said:

Thanks for your information.

• @moduw123 said:

@SirFoxy said:

@ITLabs said:

@moduw123 said:

Thanks for your information.

Thank you for thanking me.

Thanked by 1uptime