Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Singapore vps for $2.5? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Singapore vps for $2.5?

2»

Comments

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited June 2019

@NanoG6 said:

@HostDoc said:
    Performance on SG3 is good,we just noticed a few intermittent blips that need to be addressed but not critical hence the 3 week notice.

I'm sorry Doc, but I guess the performance still far from good :(
    Last night I did an apt update just to test (again) on my idle 2core/4gb/nvme, I had to terminate the login because I don't have the patience to wait the package initialization (not installation) to complete. You really need to check the node thoroughly.

Unfortunately I do face similar issues with I/O as well. Do hope Doc get it's sorted

• @NanoG6 said:

@HostDoc said:
    Performance on SG3 is good,we just noticed a few intermittent blips that need to be addressed but not critical hence the 3 week notice.

Last night I did an apt update just to test (again) on my idle 2core/4gb/nvme, I had to terminate the login because I don't have the patience to wait the package initialization (not installation) to complete. You really need to check the node thoroughly.

I second this. SSH and issuing simple command like ps ax would take > 10 secs. IO speed? NVMe only gave me 14.6MB/s
    I've been warning them from the very first time.

Regarding their last (for me) un-acceptable reason for postponing the maintenance due to family issue, I'm terribly disapointed.
    To be honest, I just want my fund fully refunded and move somewhere else, but I'm going to wait for another days (1 week max)

Btw, yes.. I keep communicating with them (Chike) via support ticket.

• @NanoG6 said:

@HostDoc said:

Yup, that is the intermittent issue we had noticed. If you test a few more times, it eventually begins giving the correct readings but that was exactly what the maintenance was due to address.
    It is not bad, nor is it good, but, for now, it is still usable.

@cybertech said:

@NanoG6 said:

@HostDoc said:

Unfortunately I do face similar issues with I/O as well. Do hope Doc get it's sorted

It would have been today but due to unforseen circumstances, it needs to be rescheduled.

@lontong said:

@NanoG6 said:

@HostDoc said:

I second this. SSH and issuing simple command like ps ax would take > 10 secs. IO speed? NVMe only gave me 14.6MB/s
    I've been warning them from the very first time.

Regarding their last (for me) un-acceptable reason for postponing the maintenance due to family issue, I'm terribly disapointed.
    To be honest, I just want my fund fully refunded and move somewhere else, but I'm going to wait for another days (1 week max)

Btw, yes.. I keep communicating with them (Chike) via support ticket.

Yes Iontong, we have indeed been in many ticket discussions regarding the performance blips.
    I am sorry you feel family issues are unacceptable, but that is my family, and they will always come first before anything else.
    You have already recieved a full pro rata refund to your account for the instance you cancelled and even after maintenance is complete, there is no guarantee that NVMe space will be available on SG3 as it is currently extremely low.
    It was also used to successfully host the Easter egg hunt without issue so yes, there is an issue that we have acknowledged, but not a persistent one.
    Is it bad enough to prevent usage? No, it is intermittent. Initial benches and tests may show less than ideal results but they eventually start reading properly after a few tries, same goes with apt and yum updates.

Thanked by 2cybertech NanoG6
  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member

Are there any abuse from user Doc? If NVMe IO speed only gave 14.6MB/s as @lontong mentioned then I reaally curious what the issue is

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited June 2019

Ur right @HostDoc , no matter what family first. That's what keeps you fighting. Mine can wait.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • Yes Iontong, we have indeed been in many ticket discussions regarding the performance blips.
    I am sorry you feel family issues are unacceptable, but that is my family, and they will always come first before anything else.
    You have already recieved a full pro rata refund to your account for the instance you cancelled and even after maintenance is complete, there is no guarantee that NVMe space will be available on SG3 as it is currently extremely low.
    It was also used to successfully host the Easter egg hunt without issue so yes, there is an issue that we have acknowledged, but not a persistent one.
    Is it bad enough to prevent usage? No, it is intermittent. Initial benches and tests may show less than ideal results but they eventually start reading properly after a few tries, same goes with apt and yum updates.

Do I miss something here?
    You just added credit to my balance and I can't take it back or credited to my cc or paypal, right?
    Btw, Chike(?) don't take it wrong. I do sympathize with your family issue, I just don't think it's a good reason for postponing long-planned maintenance for a company registered in England & Wales.

• @lontong said:
    You just added credit to my balance and I can't take it back or credited to my cc or paypal, right?
    Btw, Chike(?) don't take it wrong. I do sympathize with your family issue, I just don't think it's a good reason for postponing long-planned maintenance for a company registered in England & Wales.

The account credit can be used towards a future purchase of your choice.
    Where the company is registered is of no relevance and your comment now seems ignorant.
    A family member is still in hospital as I type, I have not had a wink of sleep this weekend, I will be at the hospital for most of the day today also so ticket responses may also be slightly delayed. Is that not good enough for a company registered in England and Wales also?
    Are we not supposed to be able to lead a normal life because we offer hosting services and you would like us available 24/7?
    Well, I am very sorry but that is not the reality. As a lowend provider, I do not have 50 staff members around me to assist me with node maintenance unfortunately.
    All 3 staff members work voluntarily, which means they work at their own times and mainly assist with support and sales. I do all sys administration.
    I announced 3 weeks ago to give clients ample opportunity to prepare.
    No announcement=complaints
    Too much announcement=complaints
    I am saddened by your stance regarding my family issue and will consider a refund of your account credit to your payment source (minus gateway fee oc).

• @NanoG6 said:
    Are there any abuse from user Doc? If NVMe IO speed only gave 14.6MB/s as @lontong mentioned then I reaally curious what the issue is

As always and true to our committment to transparency, you are free to have a look at at our server health and historic performance at will. You will notice 2 things

1. The node is nowhere near oversold
    2. There are load spikes but nothing that points to IO abuse.

I will have it sorted as soon as things return to normal and I can schedule something. It will now be an emergency maintenance with very little announcement so keep copies of your backups ready.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2019

This has been seen many times before on this forum. One guy show b/s'ing everyone on "node abusers", "complex technical problem we are investigating", and now even "family issues", while the reality is simple that the nodes are OVERSOLD TO HELL and the whole thing is finally starting to creak apart. You really must have special talent in overselling to get NVMe down to 14 MB/sec.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • Oh come on, don't bring this personal.
    You know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm totally fine with family issue, shit happens all the time.
    But now that you mention all your 3 staffs are working voluntarily, totally make sense to me.
    Please if you could, just refund my credit to me.
    I have no other complaint.

@HostDoc said:

@lontong said:

The account credit can be used towards a future purchase of your choice.
    Where the company is registered is of no relevance and your comment now seems ignorant.
    A family member is still in hospital as I type, I have not had a wink of sleep this weekend, I will be at the hospital for most of the day today also so ticket responses may also be slightly delayed. Is that not good enough for a company registered in England and Wales also?
    Are we not supposed to be able to lead a normal life because we offer hosting services and you would like us available 24/7?
    Well, I am very sorry but that is not the reality. As a lowend provider, I do not have 50 staff members around me to assist me with node maintenance unfortunately.
    All 3 staff members work voluntarily, which means they work at their own times and mainly assist with support and sales. I do all sys administration.
    I announced 3 weeks ago to give clients ample opportunity to prepare.
    No announcement=complaints
    Too much announcement=complaints
    I am saddened by your stance regarding my family issue and will consider a refund of your account credit to your payment source (minus gateway fee oc).

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @rm_ said:
    This has been seen many times before on this forum. One guy show b/s'ing everyone on "node abusers", "complex technical problem we are investigating", and now even "family issues", while the reality is simple that the nodes are OVERSOLD TO HELL and the whole thing is finally starting to creak apart. You really must have special talent in overselling to get NVMe down to 14 MB/sec.

I will not even going to entertain your comment. You are an idiot.
    @dahartigan assists with support and has access to our nodes and the capacity on the nodes. You are free to ask him if the node is even 50% at capacity yet.
    He has no monetary gains so has no reason to sugar coat anything. On the reverse, he too is still a paying client so such behaviour will also affect him.

@lontong said:
    Please if you could, just refund my credit to me.
    I have no other complaint.

As mentioned, I will consider it. Your plan was a non refundable plan one.
    I understand the frustration these things may cause, but continuing down this road while I have a million other things on my mind is no good for my health, please, be patient and await a final outcome when I am actually thinking straight.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

HostDoc said: I will not even going to entertain your comment. You are an idiot.

Yes, getting "annoyed" and progressively more aggressive is also a part of the downhill scenario. Indeed nothing new under the sun.

• @rm_ said:

In this case you're wrong. The issue is not related to overselling, and I can confirm that it's nowhere near full - in fact none of the servers are full. When they're out of stock, it's because Doc has carefully considered that overselling is not an option and stops selling.

Like Doc said, I help out with the support over at HostDoc and I have access to the whole shebang, and I can guarantee there is no overselling.

The Singapore problem was compounded by the fact that the scheduled maintenance was overshadowed by a family emergency, which is 100% acceptable - we're all humans - this happens. Doc doesn't like downtime, trust me. If a reboot will fix the problem, it's the last resort.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @rm_ said:

HostDoc said: I will not even going to entertain your comment. You are an idiot.

Yes, getting "annoyed" and progressively more aggressive is also a part of the downhill scenario. Indeed nothing new under the sun.

Yes, I admit it, annoyance is now creeping in.
    I currently have real life issues without your nonsense being added on top of it.
    Whatever your thoughts are to my operation are fine, but pick a better time to attack me when I am not in such an emotional place.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @rm_ Don't be 'that guy' today.
    I don't think Hostdoc is either malicious or incompetent.

• sharkgansharkgan Member
    edited June 2019

I have been exposed to hostdoc since 2018. I decided to use it after observing hostdoc for a year. Hostdoc has gained my trust, I use no less than three services.

The network speed of OVH's Singapore and Australia computer rooms to China has been reduced from over 30Mbps high-speed network to 1Mbps since around June 2017. This is sad. However, I have no need for VPN. I used it to build a small Web site, and I can still tolerate the speed of the OVH turtle.

If the announcer is from China, then the 1Mbps network speed is normal, it's not just that you are experiencing this bad speed.

@HostDoc Dude, this month, I didn't receive your renewal invoice via email, but it was already generated on hostdoc and almost caused my service to expire. I hope that you can check WHMCS. If there are no problems, please ignore this question and I will continue to observe it next month.

I hope that your life will be happy and bring better service to the users of hostdoc. I wish your family members a speedy recovery. :blush:

Thanked by 1HostDoc