Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› Best static CMS 🤔🤠 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best static CMS 🤔🤠

2»

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Try Grav CMS at https://getgrav.org

I think best CMS without using DB

• LeeLee Veteran

Statamic is good, getkirby also which is cheaper than statamic.

• Jekyll isn't that good tbh.
    Gatsby is really nice, and does a lot of smart stuff around preloading pages when you hover over links (so the page can load 'instantly' when you click the link).
    Hugo is good too.

• idk anything but this what i know about generators(jekyll, hugo, hexo)
    in my experience when comparing static site generators for a while, I came to the conclusion that you should choose the one that's made in the language you prefer, that's it because it's really easy to make/edit/get templates anyways

jekyll might take 1-10 secs to generate a site but it really shouldn't make a difference what the speed is you're making a **static ** site, if your site is getting bottlenecked by the speed of the static site generator then you should really consider something else

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

why not try flatpress

• SovaSova Member

If you're into the React ecosystem, I'd suggest react-static.

• LvivLviv Member

FrontPage)

but if you want to switch from dynamic to static try WP2Static first

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep

@bikegremlin said:
    Publii has all the "SEO" bells and whistles (meta tags, sitemaps creation and update as new content is added), it supports AMP as well, mobile friendly page creation is also automatic.

It takes some learning and figuring out to get a decent design/look, especially with the free "themes".

No multilingual website support, if that's important for you.

For a regularly updated website/blog, I'd use WordPress. It's more convenient in spite of the downsides.

Publii is actually very promising, and I am not saying this just because we support them. The guys running it are very nice. We are actually thinking of migrating our blog to them.

• @PUSHR_Victor said:

@bikegremlin said:
    Publii has all the "SEO" bells and whistles (meta tags, sitemaps creation and update as new content is added), it supports AMP as well, mobile friendly page creation is also automatic.

It takes some learning and figuring out to get a decent design/look, especially with the free "themes".

For a regularly updated website/blog, I'd use WordPress. It's more convenient in spite of the downsides.

Publii is actually very promising, and I am not saying this just because we support them. The guys running it are very nice. We are actually thinking of migrating our blog to them.

I was looking for a simple way to make (SEO friendly) static sites - without doing it all "by hand", including the sitemaps. Whatever makes life easier.

For websites that get updated once a year, especially if doing many such for other people, it beats worrying about updates, patches etc. Also, in terms of speed, security and stability - it beats any dynamic website by a long shot.

Having weighed the pros and cons of whatever I could Google, Publii seemed to be the least bad of all. It takes some getting used to. And it doesn't support multilingual websites yet (not that I know), but I like it. Hope it gets further improvements, more community support and more good free stuff. :)

• @PUSHR_Victor said:

@bikegremlin said:

Boom. Love it, thanks!

• magnamagna Member
    edited June 2019

GetSimple - Flat File CMS

• Y'all can close this if you want @PieHasBeenEaten @doghouch I found one, Publii, or keep it open for others I don't really care.

Thanked by 2ITLabs MasonR
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited June 2019

@SirFoxy said:
    Y'all can close this if you want @PieHasBeenEaten @doghouch I found one, Publii, or keep it open for others I don't really care.

No worries! Please standby as I exert my dominance on the POS that Vanilla is.

Edit: Vanilla didn't stand a chance

This discussion has been closed.