Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Solved] Anyone having issues with HostUS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Solved] Anyone having issues with HostUS?

pquesinbpquesinb Member
edited June 2019 in Outages

Long story but in attempting to fix a redirection issue on cPanel, my IP was actually locked out. I lost access to cPanel, the website and email. I thought it was a total outage and opened a ticket, but then figured out that I could get to everything from another IP. So I went into cPanel and attempted to finish correcting the issue and very quickly THAT IP was blocked!

So I'm guessing that it's a mis-configured or overly-aggressive Fail2Ban configuration or perhaps something like CloudFlare and added more info, but the ticket I opened on the problem over 24 hours ago still has not been answered. This is not like them, normally their support is pretty awesome and they are ON IT.

I'm not trying to knock them, I have two VPSes and the aforementioned hosting service with them and their services are normally pretty stellar, so this is worrisome and I wondered if anyone else was having a problem.

Thanks!

- Phil

Comments

• ITLabsITLabs Member

Have you checked if your IPs are listed in IP Deny Manager? HostUs @AlexanderM is very stable.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

Can you Pm me with the ticket ID, we have been overwhelmed with tickets the past week unfortunately.
    Alexander

• pquesinbpquesinb Member
    edited June 2019

I checked the IP Deny Manager, I think that's what it was. It had IPs listed that I had put in there previously but not any of mine.

Hi AlexanderM! PM sent.

- Phil

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • My issue with them is that they havent had a sale in forever!

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2019

Those who don't have sales often means they are doing well.

Those who have sales often means they are struggling for cash flow or just starting out.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

This looks like cpHulkD blocking you due to too many failed authentication attempt. This says nothing about their stability but a lot about your memory ;-)

• Problem solved, Alexander got Andrew on it. Modsecurity was boning me, apparently.
    Thanks for getting that taken care of, AlexanderM!

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited June 2019

@pquesinb said:
    Problem solved, Alexander got Andrew on it. Modsecurity was boning me, apparently.
    Thanks for getting that taken care of, AlexanderM!

Seems like everything is working so I’ll close the thread.

PM any staff member if you’d like to have it reopened :-]

This discussion has been closed.