Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage server in privacy friendly country
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage server in privacy friendly country

Looking for either VPS with add-on spinning disk or a dedicated server where storage can grow. Use case is file storage site and although t&c will restrict copyrighted content etc I don't want service to be shut down on the first DMCA request if it does happen so a 'sensible' host is required. Probably start of with 2tb space and grow from there.

Can anyone on here provide this or recommend a provider?

Comments

• United state of Romania?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

So you want a blind eye host that ignores copyright laws.

call a spade a spade and use @cociu

Thanked by 2marrco vimalware
  • privacy -> piracy

Thanked by 1verjin
  • s4suke7s4suke7 Member
    edited June 2019

Get a slice from @Francisco

• lurchlurch Member

I was planning to use a slab in lux with @Francisco but seems the rollout has been delayed and can't wait any longer.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

If it's just for private use (like hosting your own Plex) I think you could go with any host, really. If you are hosting a public service however, that's another story. @cociu may be your perfect fit then.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • skbenterpriseskbenterprise Member, Patron Provider

@lurch said:
    Looking for either VPS with add-on spinning disk or a dedicated server where storage can grow. Use case is file storage site and although t&c will restrict copyrighted content etc I don't want service to be shut down on the first DMCA request if it does happen so a 'sensible' host is required. Probably start of with 2tb space and grow from there.

Can anyone on here provide this or recommend a provider?

Does the location matter?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

skbenterprise said: Does the location matter?

Well I imagine it matters in that certain countries have certain laws and enforcement regrading theft of copyright material, are you throwing your companies name in the ring as as one that ignores copyright laws?

• Someone needs to dethrone cociu as the king of "these types of offers".. I'm curious to the answer of Ant's question.

Cociu still remains king of sisters and perfume

• Tr33nTr33n Member

nforce.com and m247.ro seems to be popular at various movie streaming hosters. I guess they do not care about copyright as long as you remove the content in case of an abuse.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

The real solution is to not make DMCA Material publicly available.

• sinsin Member

mikrovps.net has storage vpses in Hungary

• edfoxedfox Member

@jsg said:

You do not have to publish "DMCA Material" to receive DMCA takedowns.

https://kiwifarms.net/forums/take-that-off-the-god-damn-internet.66/

• lurchlurch Member

The thing is the site isn't intended or geared towards copyrighted material I'm just trying to pre empt if the issue does arise.

Location Europe

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Luna is probably the best location for this.

• YuraYura Member
    edited June 2019

@edfox said:

@jsg said:

You do not have to publish "DMCA Material" to receive DMCA takedowns.

https://kiwifarms.net/forums/take-that-off-the-god-damn-internet.66/

I thought Tumblr is the most obnoxious, toxic, bigoted, hatred place but this is a strong competitor. A forum dedicated to stalking and doxxing. Just wow...