Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need ovh ddos protected vps with freebsd and permanent mitigation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need ovh ddos protected vps with freebsd and permanent mitigation

KwoonKwoon Member
edited June 2019 in Requests

Hello, I'm sorry if this is the second thread I open but I've been unable to find a solution.
I'm looking for a VPS with the following specifications:

• 2 cores
  • 4 GB ram
  • ovh pro permanent DDoS mitigation
  • 20gb ssd
  • FreeBSD!

My budget is around 20$/m.

Yesterday I tried ExtraVM, but I was unable to get the network working. MikeA told me that they have issues with FreeBSD due to their network configuration.

A good bet would be Kimsufi, but their ddos protection is not excellent compare to ovh pro ddos protection.

Can anyone provide me a decent offer?
Please check that FreeBSD network is working. If you can activate a 1-2 hour trial vps I'll check it.
Thanks

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited June 2019

@MikeA @HostDoc

Edit : I'm blind :(

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • KwoonKwoon Member

Please read the thread, I've already tried to setup FreeBSD on MikeA service.
    I didn't manage and Mike provided me a refund. I recommend them, but I'm unable to configure freebsd on their network. Mike also tried to help me providing some instruction that worked in the past for his clients.
    I'm using FreeBSD 12.

@MikeA do you remember if your customer was using FreeBSD 12 or another version of it? If he was using an older version of freebsd for me is ok too if network is working.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

It was 12, but it wouldn't matter. I don't use BSD (so not completely familiar with networking differences) on the OVH network, but I am pretty sure it just comes down to the gateway IP not being on the same range as the server IP. You will have this problem with any VPS host using OVH unless they docmented the changes required, I just didn't document everything since I have very little clients using BSD.

Maybe HostDoc can help you. They use Virtualizor I think anyways which may automate it.

• KwoonKwoon Member

Thank you. In the past I was using a ovh hosting provider but they closed :disappointed:
    Yesterday I found this if it can help: https://docs.ovh.com/lt/dedicated/network-bridging/#freebsd-80

• @Kwoon said:
    Hello, I'm sorry if this is the second thread I open but I've been unable to find a solution.

• 2 cores
    • 4 GB ram
    • 20gb ssd
      Please check that FreeBSD network is working. If you can activate a 1-2 hour trial vps I'll check it.
      Thanks

Hi.

I can give you one hour testing if needed. bw will be capped to 5gb for testing.

• Hi,

We can do this for you without a problem. You can edit firewall rules by yourself and we can set it to permanent mitigation.

Please check: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2982799

• SnowStylezSnowStylez Member
    edited June 2019

@exception0x876
    is an OVH Reseller :) just ask for cum OVH VPS :)

• KwoonKwoon Member

@SnowStylez said:
    @exception0x876

does he have a homepage or something?
    I prefer going with established providers

• @Kwoon said:

@SnowStylez said:
    @exception0x876

Yes must just for a OVH VPS with this Stats
    https://www.wishosting.com/

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Kwoon said:

@SnowStylez said:
    @exception0x876

Sorry, no permanent mitigation. Just the default one.

• KwoonKwoon Member

Ok! I made a deal with @HostDoc
    thanks to everybody! and thanks to @sanvit for his suggestion!

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

A bit late, but why not buy directly from OVH (SSD VPS or VPS Cloud)? You can turn on perm mitigation (as well as firewall) on these.

• KwoonKwoon Member

@FHR said:
    A bit late, but why not buy directly from OVH (SSD VPS or VPS Cloud)? You can turn on perm mitigation (as well as firewall) on these.

SSD VPS doest not offer freebsd and it is oversold. vps cloud is too expensive.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Although i see you look in France, OVH. Ive got Netherlands KVM VPS with Voxility Protection (can be set into permanent mode too) if that can be a option.

• sinsin Member
    edited June 2019

@MikeA said:
    It was 12, but it wouldn't matter. I don't use BSD (so not completely familiar with networking differences) on the OVH network, but I am pretty sure it just comes down to the gateway IP not being on the same range as the server IP. You will have this problem with any VPS host using OVH unless they docmented the changes required, I just didn't document everything since I have very little clients using BSD.

Maybe HostDoc can help you. They use Virtualizor I think anyways which may automate it.

If the gateway is not on the same range, then FreeBSD users can use this in /etc/rc.conf:

ifconfig_vtnet0="inet youripgoeshere netmask yournetmaskgoeshere"
    static_routes="ovh"
    route_ovh="-net putyourgatewayhere -iface vtnet0"
    defaultrouter="putyourgatewayhere"

Works just fine for me using OVH's VPS and Public Cloud

• 05thomasj05thomasj Member
    edited June 2019

@Kwoon said:

• 2 cores
    • 4 GB ram
    • 20gb ssd
    • FreeBSD!

Yesterday I tried ExtraVM, but I was unable to get the network working. MikeA told me that they have issues with FreeBSD due to their network configuration.

A good bet would be Kimsufi, but their ddos protection is not excellent compare to ovh pro ddos protection.

Thanks

Hi mate
    I can offer you vps ! I am a vps host , if you message me I can offer you server in your desired location

Please message me here if interested or place a order via our website and we will be happy to help ,

https://www.hyperhost.solutions/

I can create you a custom spec vps as per your requirements also :)

• FoulFoul Member
    edited June 2019

05thomasj said: Hi mate I can offer you vps ! I am a vps host , if you message me I can offer you server in your desired location

Nope, read the rules buddy.

• KwoonKwoon Member

@05thomasj said:

@Kwoon said:

• 2 cores
    • 4 GB ram
    • 20gb ssd
    • FreeBSD!

Thanks

Hi mate
    I can offer you vps ! I am a vps host , if you message me I can offer you server in your desired location

Please message me here if interested or place a order via our website and we will be happy to help ,

https://www.hyperhost.solutions/

I can create you a custom spec vps as per your requirements also :)

Are you asking for a LET seo service?

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

Hi mate

Hello mate... @05thomasj

IPoAC enabled? Have PHP6 selecter? Accept PigeonCoin?

• KwoonKwoon Member

@ITLabs said:

Hi mate

Hello mate... @05thomasj

IPoAC enabled? Have PHP6 selecter? Accept PigeonCoin?

He's sending PM and spamming his host.
    Can you tag a moderator please?

• hzrhzr Member

Kwoon said: He's sending PM and spamming his host.

Can you add me to the PM? "Add People to this Conversation" on right sidebar

• KwoonKwoon Member

@hzr said:

Kwoon said: He's sending PM and spamming his host.

Can you add me to the PM? "Add People to this Conversation" on right sidebar

I left the conversation :anguished: