Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hubiC by OVH 25 GB of free storage in the cloud!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hubiC by OVH 25 GB of free storage in the cloud!!

earlearl Member
edited October 2013 in General

Hi, just found this free offer from OVH, 25 Gb of free online storage..
sign up is pretty easy, just need your name and an email address, no verification or payment sources need..

Click here to sign up

and if free isn't good enough for you there is even a testimonial page!!

Click here for Pricing, incase you need more space

Not sure if hubiC is a good choice for a domain name, well maybe in French it's something cool, but here it sound awfully similar to...

well I'm sure you guys can figure it out, but since it's free I don't really care what they call it!

Comments

• Well, I've use it for my android, but now I'm uninstall it. A good place to have another backup tough

Thanked by 1earl
  • @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Well, I've use it for my android, but now I'm uninstall it. A good place to have another backup tough

Well I just signed up so have not really had a chance to try it out, but I like the fact that there is no file size limit so can be good for storing some iso maybe..

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Hubic? Hue by see? Hue bick? Hue bike?

Thanked by 1earl
  • @shovenose said:
    Hubic? Hue by see? Hue bick? Hue bike?

I honestly did not think that it was that hard to guess..

• Like Cubic spelled by a wabbit? :)

Thanked by 1earl
  • @rds100 said:
    Like Cubic spelled by a wabbit? :)

Haha.. I suppose it's harry like a wabbit, lol.

• Euro 12.99 per year for 100GB. That's a steal. But right now euro to my currency conversion is quiet high. -_-

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

@budi1413 said:
    Euro 12.99 per year for 100GB. That's a steal. But right now euro to my currency conversion is quiet high. -_-

Yup.. It's not fun looking at the exchange rate that's for sure.. but at least it's not in £

and I would think we are exempt from that lovely VAT

• budi1413budi1413 Member
    edited October 2013

@earl

Current exchange rate:

pound 1 = myr 5.06 (4 month ago +- myr 5.00)
    euro 1 = myr 4.33 (4 month ago +- myr 3.40) wtf?
    usd 1 = myr 3.16 (4 month ago +- myr 2.90)

• Should you sign up for a paid hubiC account? Not just yet. We experienced all kinds of technical issues in our tests, and the service doesn’t feel nearly as reliable or stable as we’d like.

review: http://betanews.com/2013/10/14/hubic-offers-1tb-online-storage-space-for-136-a-year/

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

Thanks.. I'll be sure to never upgrade from my free plan, not that I was going to anyways.. :)

• earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

@budi1413 said:

yeah that's quite a jump.. same for me I have a yearly renewal for a server at ovh.ie coming up soon, it's tense!! wonder if euro is going up some more?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2013

It is not euro going up, it's others going down.
    136 eur can buy you 2.5 of the 4 Eur Atoms so you can understand why that was not a possible deal.
    I can host an almost free server from ebay with some antique drives for some 28 Eur for 2U a month with unlimited 1 gbps traffic...
    While it is so much more in price than 136 Eur/year for 1 TB storage only, it is also much more in features and what I can run there.