Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap dedicated servers in Asia?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap dedicated servers in Asia?

Hi, guys!

I am looking for dedicated server for OpenVPN in Asia. Around 100 users. Which location in Asia should be the cheapest one?

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member

Afaik OVH SG would be the cheapest for dedis

Thanked by 1TheGreatOakley
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

Singapore, rest all Asian countries come in the "no cheap bandwidth" category :/

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited June 2019

For Asian location, you should give us some exact figures (like XXTB of BW on 1Gbps port with X#of cores and Y GB of RAM) to get a reasonable recommendation, especially since bandwidth is extremely expensive here.

Or, you could go with Vultr (aff link BTW, gives you $50 for 30 days) dedicated instance in tokyo, which would give you 2CPU/8GB/120GB/10TB@10Gbps for $60/mo

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@BlaZe said:
    Singapore, rest all Asian countries come in the "no cheap bandwidth" category :/

Well, depends. Cogent and He.net are both cheap and operate in SG, HK, TW and JP. The price shouod be roughly the same in each country.

Generally I have found SG and HK pricing to be en par. especially when you are not inlcuding china traffic.

• verjinverjin Member

Check alibabacloud.com

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Tokyo or Singapore are your best bet for affordable servers in the region from our research. Both are hubs for international transit and generally acceptable within region.

Taiwan and India are both possible but bandwidth is highly regional in those locations.

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

@randvegeta said:

@BlaZe said:

Well, depends. Cogent and He.net are both cheap and operate in SG, HK, TW and JP. The price shouod be roughly the same in each country.

Generally I have found SG and HK pricing to be en par. especially when you are not inlcuding china traffic.

@randvegeta cogent is not operating in TW and He.Net is not that cheap in TW as it is in HK or Sg.

@estnoc said:

@randvegeta said:

@BlaZe said:

@randvegeta cogent is not operating in TW and He.Net is not that cheap in TW as it is in HK or Sg.

Yes Cogent does not yet have a TW pop. But HE.net does.

What do you consider cheap?

HE.net is by far the cheapest transit provider in Asia.

@randvegeta im fully aware of the he.net presence in tw and as much I know, their price is almost two times cheaper in hong kong than in Taiwan.i quess its because of the sea cables and etc :) and indeed, He.net is the cheapest transit provider in asia as much I know and also, I don't have bad words about performance in asia.at least not yet.

@estnoc said:
    @randvegeta im fully aware of the he.net presence in tw and as much I know, their price is almost two times cheaper in hong kong than in Taiwan.i quess its because of the sea cables and etc :) and indeed, He.net is the cheapest transit provider in asia as much I know and also, I don't have bad words about performance in asia.at least not yet.

He.net are absolute shite! But they're so damned cheap, it doesnt matter.

Really you cant afford to not have them these days.

Thanked by 1FHR
    edited June 2019

@randvegeta said:

just wondering, shite from which perspective? uptime? routing? or why exactly? lets just put aside the most and known hatered articles everyone can find in internet about he.net but lets focus on the current time and facts :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

Wut? Can’t afford to not have HE? After counting all the costs and missed profit ?

• @GigsGigs(gigsgigscloud.com) have Asian VPS
    Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia

@estnoc said:
    @randvegeta said:

just wondering, shite from which perspective? uptime? routing? or why exactly? lets just put aside the most and known hatered articles everyone can find in internet about he.net but lets focus on the current time and facts :)

They have frequent outages, lasting hours some time.

They are simply not that reliable. It's common for them to not meet their own SLA and usually they dont honor the compensation schedule.

Routing wise, for traffic destined to a place they actually have a pop, its not bad at all. But in Asia, outside of SG/HK/TW/JP, there is much to be desired.

But again, they undercut the competition by a very very wide margin. They are actually cheaper to connect to than HKIX. So in a way, HE.net's globally routable traffic is cheaper than HK only traffic from the local exchange.

@Clouvider said:
    Wut? Can’t afford to not have HE? After counting all the costs and missed profit ?

Huh?

Its a bit like a catch all guarantee that you will have enough traffic.

The way i look at it is, you should not rely on HE.net, it should be more of a backup, and have at least as much He.net traffic as the rest of your other traffic combined.

HE.net is getting better in terms of both reliability and performance (comparing to 5 and 10 yrs ago). So ill give them that. They're still shit.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

No TE communities also makes them a poor choice if you want to use them for certain routes etc. Still suitable for a backup route, and priced accordingly.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@SplitIce said:
    No TE communities also makes them a poor choice if you want to use them for certain routes etc. Still suitable for a backup route, and priced accordingly.

This is the very reason I’m sending away the sales guy from there every month, he keeps coming back, every month, with no TE communities but a lower price...

• deanƙdeanƙ Member

buy from godaddy :persevere: