Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slightly-Premium Web Hosting - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Slightly-Premium Web Hosting

13»

Comments

• I mean can you really be mad that your 1.25 hosting is offline for a while? Eh, I'd say not. But that's my newb opinion. It's an intriguing offer I will say but I'd rather pay more and have my site online.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

@willie said:

MikeA said: OVH has problems with a router in BHS-2,

Hmm I have a kimsufi there that is working fine, if that matters.

It only affects certain parts of BHS, and it has only affected failover IPs that use vmac. I've checked and there are dozens of servers that have been down for 6+ hours and they require a vmac via OVH.

@Tyler91 said:
    I mean can you really be mad that your 1.25 hosting is offline for a while?

Well, it shouldn't happen regardless of price.

EDIT: Everything is back online as of 8:45~ PM CST.

Thanked by 2MichaelCee corbpie
  • So... Seeing how cPanel did a number on all - what does the future hold for this plan @MikeA ?

• @t0ny0 said:
    So... Seeing how cPanel did a number on all - what does the future hold for this plan @MikeA ?

That hits the resellers and those with a massive amount of accounts. With all respect to Mike (I’m a fan) I doubt he is anywhere near getting hit like many of providers on here.

• Bought a month to try. Best "Server Information" I've ever seen.

Thanked by 1MikeA

@t0ny0 said:
    So... Seeing how cPanel did a number on all - what does the future hold for this plan @MikeA ?

Nothing, thankfully I've never been fond of offering reseller plans, and I don't plan to put hundreds of accounts on a single system so it wouldn't be a problem for me. An extra $20-30~ I can deal with, but I might look for alternatives for future setups.

@corbpie said:
    That hits the resellers and those with a massive amount of accounts. With all respect to Mike (I’m a fan) I doubt he is anywhere near getting hit like many of providers on here.

You're right. The web hosting server I have and future ones I put up are going to be limited to like 100 accounts anyways. My current one was limited to 75 but I've gone over that since load is not a problem on this new hardware.

There's like 15~ left in stock at the moment if anyone is interested. It's unlikely it will be re-stocked unless there is a different promotion in the future that's similar.

• Got a second one to idle :-)

• uxtvdluxtvdl Member

the best shared hosting provider in terms of service and support i have used among hostmantis, buyshared etc

@uxtvdl said:
    buyshared

D:

Thanked by 1Wolf
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@t0ny0 said:
    Got a second one to idle :-)

People idle shared accounts nowadays? That's next level.

• emghemgh Member

@MikeA said:

@uxtvdl said:
    buyshared

D:

Hmm?

• the funniest part for me, that this SHARED hosting is much faster and responsible than my dedicated allocated resources of VPS in another provider. WTF. Very fast.

Thanked by 2vimalware Ympker
  • donlidonli Member

@desperand said:
    the funniest part for me, that this SHARED hosting is much faster and responsible than my dedicated allocated resources of VPS in another provider. WTF. Very fast.

Because...

5GB NVMe SSD

NVMe is premium.

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@donli said:

@desperand said:
    the funniest part for me, that this SHARED hosting is much faster and responsible than my dedicated allocated resources of VPS in another provider. WTF. Very fast.

Because...

5GB NVMe SSD

NVMe is premium.

Shared NVMe premium very fast high potassium levels my man.

Thanked by 2uptime coreflux
  • corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited July 2019

@desperand said:

Amazing what happens when you don’t oversell

• @Harambe said:

@t0ny0 said:

Right? Its a whole new level 😂
    But yes, I have ideas for it, just too lazy to make them happen at the moment. Rather have that available when I need it, since it is a pretty good value for what you pay.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • donlidonli Member

@Harambe said:

@t0ny0 said:

That's just called "having a website that doesn't get any hits".

• uxtvdluxtvdl Member
    edited July 2019

@MikeA said:

@uxtvdl said:
    buyshared

D:

6 months back when i tried buyshared reseller it was slow but the support was awesome !
    i dont like hostmantis bcoz it doesnt has no option to restore backup etc and the inode limit is fcked up but support support also is good